Bravely Default My Review: Bravely Default

• Thread starter Reece
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
nice detailed review :p i tried the demo but it didn't appeal , but i guess my head wasn't into it :p but after you said final fantasy i was like ?!?!:rage:I WANT !! :mad:
I will be doing a review on the demo! Sorry for the late reviews too, my internet disconnected for a while and then I had some stuff offline going on, so it was hectic! I'm currently drafting out the new review now. I disliked the demo, and I don't want much people to base the game on that (even though the demo was meant for people to that) They could have done a better job with it IMO.

I will be doing a review on the demo! Sorry for the late reviews too, my internet disconnected for a while and then I had some stuff offline going on, so it was hectic! I'm currently drafting out the new review now. I disliked the demo, and I don't want much people to base the game on that (even though the demo was meant for people to that) They could have done a better job with it IMO.
well i guess that explains it :p i didn't have much idea what i was meant to do in the demo but all i could do was wonder around and battle :p the battles were quite good though :p

pretty good review and I must admit Revo outdid himself with this game his best bet.

So a few questions I have, what jobs should I focus on maxing out first and what do I need to do to deal with the end boss that I hear can be a pain.

pretty good review and I must admit Revo outdid himself with this game his best bet.

So a few questions I have, what jobs should I focus on maxing out first and what do I need to do to deal with the end boss that I hear can be a pain.
Oh, well as the game progresses, you will get stronger jobs, just complete every side-quest, to collect all the classes, I don't want to spoil much, but I'd be sure to do a character job set-up, where I suggest jobs for certain characters, like Ringable is a magic striker (well he's my magic striker) and Agnes is my healer of the group. I'd suggest maxing out the normal classes, such as BlackMage, and WhiteMage, also you'll get an "unusual" job called Spellfencer, which I highly recommend giving to your physical striker. I'll try my best to get this guide out, but for now, just go with the game's flow of jobs. :)

Awesome review, it accurately describes how I've felt about the game so far, especially with its similarities with Final Fantasy III. Looking forward to your review concerning the story.

Oh, well as the game progresses, you will get stronger jobs, just complete every side-quest, to collect all the classes, I don't want to spoil much, but I'd be sure to do a character job set-up, where I suggest jobs for certain characters, like Ringable is a magic striker (well he's my magic striker) and Agnes is my healer of the group. I'd suggest maxing out the normal classes, such as BlackMage, and WhiteMage, also you'll get an "unusual" job called Spellfencer, which I highly recommend giving to your physical striker. I'll try my best to get this guide out, but for now, just go with the game's flow of jobs. :)

that's pretty much set up right now, is it better to go with priate or Spellfencer?

that's pretty much set up right now, is it better to go with priate or Spellfencer?

The pirate gets pretty much useless once you get the ninja. Ninja/Spellfencer dishes out damage like crazy. With the right boosts you will be damaging bosses for 9999 with normal single handed attacks (dual wield is OP).

Definitely SpellFencer, I would recommend linking (Ablink) a character for the Pirate's abilities, but the Pirate isn't all that bad, they have great debuffs that will be beneficial, plus you want go wrong with having a character combination (Vampire and Pirate), using Amped Striker (Deals 400% of Physical Damage/Pirate Ability) and then using an ability like magic thirst to regain back the lost MP. :) It works great, but for now, stay with the SpellFencer, I'm guessing you're on chapter three, so be sure to max out that class when going to Ninja/Spellfencer which is a fantastic combination.

I am on chapter three, heading towards the mines. I'm on level five of the pirate after working on the monk for Tiz.

Definitely SpellFencer, I would recommend linking (Ablink) a character for the Pirate's abilities, but the Pirate isn't all that bad, they have great debuffs that will be beneficial, plus you want go wrong with having a character combination (Vampire and Pirate), using Amped Striker (Deals 400% of Physical Damage/Pirate Ability) and then using an ability like magic thirst to regain back the lost MP. :) It works great, but for now, stay with the SpellFencer, I'm guessing you're on chapter three, so be sure to max out that class when going to Ninja/Spellfencer which is a fantastic combination.

If you have me for ABLink, you will have change to have access to every job on level mastered :p

I am on chapter three, heading towards the mines. I'm on level five of the pirate after working on the monk for Tiz.

A little tip: Try to finish chapter 3 having at least level 60 or more.
Chapter 4 has a big increase on challenge.

Also, try to not use Pirate, use Monk instead. Monk is really strong too but it also has a nice mind, that means good white magic.

Another tip would be, for the big bosses you will have, make one of your characters level up the job Salve-Maker, if possible to level 8.

I won't tell you why because I will tell you spoilers.

If you have me for ABLink, you will have change to have access to every job on level mastered :p
Yes, I leeched off a lot of your abilities when starting the game. :sorry:

Reminder: Will have the last part of this review up, later next week :) sorry for the wait.

Yes, I leeched off a lot of your abilities when starting the game. :sorry:

Reminder: Will have the last part of this review up, later next week :) sorry for the wait.

I don't know if I will play the NG+ mode...
Maybe a new save and you would be able to leech two characters XD

I don't know if I will play the NG+ mode...
Maybe a new save and you would be able to leech two characters XD
I would be starting over the game in NG+ mode, I'd love to play the story while knowing my characters even more, and with all these jobs, it will be fun.

I would be starting over the game in NG+ mode, I'd love to play the story while knowing my characters even more, and with all these jobs, it will be fun.

Also overpowered.
It would be faster to complete the first half of the game without any battles.

A little tip: Try to finish chapter 3 having at least level 60 or more.
Chapter 4 has a big increase on challenge.

Also, try to not use Pirate, use Monk instead. Monk is really strong too but it also has a nice mind, that means good white magic.

Another tip would be, for the big bosses you will have, make one of your characters level up the job Salve-Maker, if possible to level 8.

I won't tell you why because I will tell you spoilers.

where's a good place to grind for levels on chp 3?

Is bravely default really worth it I didn't enjoy the demo to much at all to be honest

where's a good place to grind for levels on chp 3?
I grinded a lot in the Starkfort area dungeon, before facing the Salve-Maker. Hope that helps.
Is bravely default really worth it I didn't enjoy the demo to much at all to be honest
Mostly everyone felt the same way, when playing the demo (even me) I disliked it. I don't think people should judge whether to buy this game based on it's demo, because the demo only showed the battle and job system which I think, are the two unique aspects of the game, but a lot of people, when playing the demo, won't search for those aspects easily, instead they would more judge it on the basic things like the graphics, movement controls, and give little credit to the amazing battle system. The story in the demo is blunt, and I hate the area (settings) in which they chose to begin the demo's story.

I grinded a lot in the Starkfort area dungeon, before facing the Salve-Maker. Hope that helps.

Mostly everyone felt the same way, when playing the demo (even me) I disliked it. I don't think people should judge whether to buy this game based on it's demo, because the demo only showed the battle and job system which I think, are the two unique aspects of the game, but a lot of people, when playing the demo, won't search for those aspects easily, instead they would more judge it on the basic things like the graphics, movement controls, and give little credit to the amazing battle system. The story in the demo is blunt, and I hate the area (settings) in which they chose to begin the demo's story.

True. There aren't good spots for grinding levels unless you reached chapter 4...
But the best play is after chapter 5.

Tip: Buy the Exp Egg (I think that was the name). You don't win money but you get double ap and money.

A little low on money, I wish the elixir carrying mammon would come to my town but so far I've gotten three ether carrying ones >_<

After playing the demo for the game, I think I'm interested enough to buy. I like the turn-based battle system and the BP point component seems like it adds a bit of risk to the game. The job system also seems like it offers a lot of depth although it looks like it takes a lot of time to do jobs. Overall though, I'm impressed by the quality of the game and I might pick it up if/when it comes on sale in the eShop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back