"New" Nintendo 3DS/LL Announced in Japan + Custom Home Menu

• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date
Maybe the New 3ds will be able to play games compatible with the circle pad pro

Maybe the New 3ds will be able to play games compatible with the circle pad pro
Of course it will or else there would be no point in adding a new circle pad(however tiny it is). Honestly the only thing I'm looking forward to is the better processor and extra buttons. With those AAA quality tiles can be released on it since it has the same number of buttons as the PS3/360 controller and more power.

I think it's good! I know people are hating on the New Nintendo 3DS/XL mainly because it might dwarf the ones we got now, but let's face the facts: even if the one game like Xenoblade Chronicles 3D would only work on the New Nintendo 3DS/XL because of the better CPU, you don't have to actually upgrade to it just for Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. I would upgrade it just for the faster CPU to make the 3DS internet browser actually usable, the right analog nub so I don't have to buy the Circle Pad Pro, face plates to match the new themes comingg out in the next update, and the built-in NFC for the Amiibo figures. :3

Augh, why do you do this to me, Japan?! The customs looked so adorable since you can switch the covers now instead of having to rely on just using some protector. Why, Japan, why? Anyhow, I hope it comes out next year.

To me, I think this is what the original 3ds should have been, I hope the 3d is really better, and I hope that they improve the speed of that thing but half because right now, the 3ds is the slowest handheld device still sold in the market. I mean I really do like this, but it has only been 2 years since the release of the 3ds. Now I have to go out and buy the next one to play the new games. But, I do think this will sell very well as it improves some features and adds many new ones, so my over all opinion on this one is: slightly positive. I know it has all of these new features, but I bought my 3ds a YEAR AGO, and now they are upgrading already! When i bought my DS lite I could still play games that were made for the DSI. But, I can't do anything to stop Nintendo to make people buy their new products. So I am going to wait on "The New 3ds XL".(Yeah, that is literally what it is called... SO CREATIVE!) So is anyone else going to wait on this handheld, or are you guys going to buy this handheld device and try your chances with it? Well, you know my opinion, what is yours?
F.Y.I. I am not trying to make fun of Nintendo, I really like Nintendo. It's just that do you not think it is a little early for another handheld device to come out?

As much as the new and improved design and CPU intrigue me to no end, I'm really bugged over how quickly this new device is being pushed into the market, especially with everything coming out so soon. I'm one who always loves to pick the XL of the pack, but it's a huge bummer only the smaller version will be able to have faceplates, and I was really looking forward to those. As much as I love upgrading my systems to the newest and greatest, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to wait it out on this one.

Couldn't agree more with Darrix on this one. It's REALLY hard to not choose the latest and greatest, even when something even greater is potentially coming the following year(s), and if you don't have the ability to keep up, you'll end up catching the tail end of a line RIGHT before they announce a new one. However, I am almost certain one of these new 3DSs will be in my possession someday.

I hope the N3DS will have a chat system like the Wii U, it would make it easy to get a hold of friends on the handheld. They could also add a video chat to it, I think that would be a good idea for close friends who own the N3DS.

So far I'm going to buy the New 3DS XL. I bet the sales arnt gonna be the greatest at first and then they are gonna make like a pokemon game or something like that and everyone's gonna want one.

Do any of you guys know when this comes out in North America? I kinda want to ask for it for Christmas but Im probably gonna save up for it cause I got my 3DS XL last year >.< I'm kinda hoping it's not out for Christmas cause I feel that the old 3DS and 3DS XL havnt been out long enough. Eh, I know I'm getting the New 3DS, but probably not STRAIGHT when it comes out. I'll probably wait a month or so.

And how much is the New 3DS and New 3DS XL gonna be? It would be nice to know in advance so I can start saving up x3

I don't think an official NA release date has been announced for the LL but we'll probably get one soon. And it probably won't release until next year.

I just bought my 3ds 4 months ago. And then they release the new 3ds. That sucks. If i new this would happen, i dont buy that 3ds and wait for the new 3ds to be available here. I also think that new games that will be out for the 3ds will be lessen next year because of the new 3ds. Hope I'm wrong.

The new 3ds is good and all that but I probably won't need a new 3ds because I have mine until something really bad happens to my 3ds which has happened before but I fixed then I will need a new 3ds.

The new 3ds is good and all that but I probably won't need a new 3ds because I have mine until something really bad happens to my 3ds which has happened before but I fixed then I will need a new 3ds.

Same here, however, the only things that may makes me upgrade would be if Nintendo plans something like "Trade your 3DS for a N3DS/reduction for the N3DS (at least 80%)", and if the limited edition 3DS' shells are available as plates (So, I wouldn't feel bad for giving away my Pokémon X/Y 3DS)

Yeah I would do the same thing but I never think Nintendo would do something like that but if they did people would start relying on them more and have more faith in them and it would be awesome.

Yeah I would do the same thing but I never think Nintendo would do something like that but if they did people would start relying on them more and have more faith in them and it would be awesome.

I think that's what they need if they want the N3DS to sell well without betraying 3DS(XL)/2DS owners. If they don't do it, I can feel the wave of people (including me) boycotting the N3DS.
They're doing good work lately, so it would be a bad idea to lose their customers' faith like this.

It is really a shame. But, as far as I know, Nintendo won't release a "lot" of games for this New Nintendo 3ds (N3ds). This console is basically dedicated to the Monster Hunter Games and also the other day I asked a guy about that on YouTube and he also told me the same thing. Also, in the review of Gamestop, they didn't said that "There will be many new games on this N3ds".

And one thing more, it is not the next generation of console by Nintendo. The rumour is going on that the next generation of gaming console by Nintendo will be named as "Fusion DS". So, be confident guys, there will be no release of Pokémon games and Animal Crossing in the N3ds according to me and my experience of Nintendo. But if there will be, it will be really a shame on 3ds.

Thanks. ;)

I feel like the New 3DS will be like the DSi where it gets hardware improvements but is lacking in games.
I don't see too much use for it other than a couple of hardware expensive games, and most game developers will not ditch the 3DS userbase in favor of the N3DS smaller one.
If anything, I'm glad this was released. It means that the 3DS will probably get a longer lifetime, just like the DS.

If i'm right the 3ds is probably a test too see if they needed to add more features. The 3ds has any flaws first the analog is not very strong and there are rumors saying that people that are playing super smash bros 4 are having problems like wigglyness, plastic breaking and so on! Secondly if you close the 3ds too hard it has lines on the screen. It also has an ugly lip on the side! Of course it is a really good system but their really kinda ripping you off. I mean seriously is doesn't have as good graphics as the psp which was made in 2004 just think how long that is! But since that was a test they made the "The New" 3ds which has a c stick button(just like another analog!) a slightly bigger screen 3.88 compared to like 3.5 and supports amiibo! on the left side of its bottom half. Even if you tilt it, it still gives the 3ds effect! But it's only in japan right now....:[ It can play xenoblade but the regular 3ds can't. Also it has a WAYYYYYY faster processor imgres.jpg

I am pretty sure I am going to upgrade to the N3DS next year but I'm gonna be super screwed over if they announce the next generation of handhelds right after I get one. But I will probably only upgrade if the New 3DS gets decent exclusives not just better 3d and NFC compatibility (and quicker loading times but I don't mind the current times tbh)

Reactions: Marc
Maybe if you watched the Japan-only Nintendo Direct, you would have seen those.
Indeed, the information was delivered by Satoru Iwata, and he basically introduced two new 3DS models:

The New Nintendo 3DS, and the New Nintendo 3DS LL. Yes, mind the "New" prefix, it'll be used when I'll refer to these models.

While the New 3DS (smaller one) will be customizable with "Custom Plates" that will be sold for 1000 Yen (~10$), the New 3DS LL will instead get a new, metallic design.

You should also mind there will also be special bundles for the "New" models, that will feature a brand new Home Menu, depending on the console's design. In the video, as an example, if you had a Yoshi 3DS, the Home Menu got a design based on Yoshi, and on the Animal Crossing one, well, the Home Menu gets an Animal Crossing appearance.

Update: The N3DS (new 3DS) will also have two new buttons, ZL and ZR, and a second analog stick, smaller than the left one. It will also embark a new CPU, meaning that some games will be N3DS-exclusive, and non-compatible with regular 3DS systems.

Also, the N3DS' browser will finally be able to load videos, and downloads will be faster. There's even a rumour saying that you'll be able to transfer files to a PC without even removing the SD Card from your 3DS.

Finally, the N3DS will introduce support for MicroSD, and Amiibos through NFC, as well as a better 3D.

I couldn't take screenshots, because I was busy with translating what I can, but, once there will be screenshots, I'll publish them.

Anyways, thoughts ?
it's great even though I don't have it because of its design

I kind of like the idea of how nintendo try to change and improve things. I heard that the 3D feature (tilting/moving) improves a lot. I don't understand the use of the extra ZL and ZR buttons though (as I rarely use L and R anyway). I don't like consoles with too much button, PSP/Vita is out of the question!

I do like how the cover can change though, but it should be the whole thing, not the squared thing in the middle =_=

Back