"New" Nintendo 3DS/LL Announced in Japan + Custom Home Menu

• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date
You can speak Japanese? O:

And, honestly, I don't want the N3Ds to take over. I love my little 2ds.

Now that you think about it, nintendo might actually release a N2ds? Am I right?

But, what I was saying was,I don't want to ds to go to waste. I like everything I have on it so far and transferring is going to be a pain. I really, really hope they keep making the new titles for the normal 3ds, cause if they don't ---->:dead:

I'm also thinking about the new features you mentioned. It would be cool if we had a way to transfer files without switching SD card (aint nobody got time for dat) faster browser and stuffz sounds awesome aswell. I hope it turns out good, since it's already announced and I can't stop it lol.

Most of you already know this but the new 3ds was released yesterday in North America. And yes, the new 3ds looks awesome with the coloured buttons, the c stick, the volume control on the left... you name it. I like the new 3ds but I will wait for good games to come.

Is there anyone who has already bought one and had a 3DS/3DSXL before? I'm curious about whether it's really better. What I've seen on the official website doesn't exactly seem like it. All the good things are a faster CPU and covers, but as for the covers I'd rather have a new skin for my 3DSXL. https://www.decalgirl.com/artwork/798/Cold-Winter The whole 'better 3D-stuff is a little hard to believe when all pictures of that should show the difference are staged pictures.:confused: All those new buttons don't appear exactly useful and it also looks a whole lot uglier with them. Those coloured buttons look like they took inspiration from a bowl of M&M's and the rounded home-button looks quite off-balance. Can't say the looks will get me to but it. (Also, it still got name issues!) So I'd like to hear some first hand experiences.

Last edited:
The New 3ds and 3ds XL sounds great at first but I don't want Nintendo to forget about the regular 3ds . Sure there will be exclusives for the New 3ds but I don't want it to be a game of major series as some of the games mentioned in the comments like Xenoblade . But it still feels like a good idea

I might get a NN3DS sometime, but I want to keep my normal 3ds for a while before then. I won't be getting an NN3DS until there are some exclusive games on it that I want, really, because what's the point? It may be faster and have some updates but overall I think I would like to keep my normal 3DS.

I didn't understand this new 3DS yet! I'm confused!

Well first off I pre ordered my "NEW" 3ds and picked it up on Friday. It's is definitely much fast on downloading and loading screens. There are no multi colored buttons that I heard everyone talking about but maybe that is because I got the black one (it's more like gunmetal to me). As far as exclusive games to the system they will work on the old 3ds and 2ds just without the amiibo function. Overall I like it very much and I have own the old 3ds and the 3ds xl as well as every Gameboy since it was first released. If anyone has any questions about the "NEW" 3ds please ask me.

Well first off I pre ordered my "NEW" 3ds and picked it up on Friday. It's is definitely much fast on downloading and loading screens. There are no multi colored buttons that I heard everyone talking about but maybe that is because I got the black one (it's more like gunmetal to me). As far as exclusive games to the system they will work on the old 3ds and 2ds just without the amiibo function. Overall I like it very much and I have own the old 3ds and the 3ds xl as well as every Gameboy since it was first released. If anyone has any questions about the "NEW" 3ds please ask me.
Questions! (A lot of them)
  • Are there any big differences? (Other than faster loading/downloading)
  • Is the 3D really a lot better or just a tiny bit?
  • Is it a N3dsxl or N3ds?
  • How does it feel while playing (do your hands wrap around it nicely or do you have to twist them in odd positions just to play the games)?
  • What is the function of the ZL and ZR buttons?
  • s the camera really better or is there next to no difference?

Questions! (A lot of them)
  • Are there any big differences? (Other than faster loading/downloading)
  • Is the 3D really a lot better or just a tiny bit?
  • Is it a N3dsxl or N3ds?
  • How does it feel while playing (do your hands wrap around it nicely or do you have to twist them in odd positions just to play the games)?
  • What is the function of the ZL and ZR buttons?
  • s the camera really better or is there next to no difference?

As far as other differences I will let y all know as I discover them.
So far I like it a tiny bit more than the old 3ds
It is the same size over all and same screen size as the 3ds xl
It fits in my hands very comfortably but I also have large hands
The new buttons (ZL and ZR ) don't have game support yet but the c stick let's your control camera view
I haven't tried the camera yet, but I will the you know
And the 3d is a bit better because it tracks your face to make sure you can see it at most angles

As far as other differences I will let y all know as I discover them.
So far I like it a tiny bit more than the old 3ds
It is the same size over all and same screen size as the 3ds xl
It fits in my hands very comfortably but I also have large hands
The new buttons (ZL and ZR ) don't have game support yet but the c stick let's your control camera view
I haven't tried the camera yet, but I will the you know
And the 3d is a bit better because it tracks your face to make sure you can see it at most angles
Thanks for answering! :)

It is really nice that nintendo launch a new 3ds with costumes or those colour plate a new software must be download in new nintendo and download speed also much faster but I already have a 3ds I wish it lauch early Dec Then instead of That nintendo old nintendo I would buy new one

The small new 3ds will not available in the US,i really love the custom plates but nintendo destroyed my dream!!!
I was planning to buy a small but nintendo ruined it and the thing i hate on new 3ds is the very small tiny c-stick.

BTW i can't afford the bigger one

I just got the new 3DS XL, NA version. I like the C-stick and Amiibo support, and the ZR and LR keys are very easy to access. The games are now inserted in the bottom, which is a change for me, but I think it is a good change.

I've been using mine for a couple of weeks now and I'd say so far the only downside is stylus related. I don't like the new stylus that came with the console, and since it is shorter, I can't use my old one and stick it in the slot instead of this one. I don't like where they put the stylus slot either. Instead of being on the right side, it is now on the bottom of the console, which isn't quite practical so far...

i agree with all of you. i have a XL and hope to soon in the future be able to get a new 3ds xl system. but it really sucks how the system cover customization is exclusive to the smaller N3DS. who agrees with me on that?

I think i might get the New 3DS or 3DS XL when i can physically afford one haha( it's either that or a pair of Blue Axent Wear Cat Ear Headphones ^¬^), i would definately buy one if they released a Pikachu Edition, no questions asked (づ。●ω●。)づ. At current standings i'll probably get the regular sized ones for the Pikachu Cover plates and the fact that it can still fit in my pocket, but yet again, if they release a New Pikachu 3DSXL i will get that one without a doubt!
Now, with what @rawrrie said, as much as i want to keep using my normal 3ds, the likelihood is, that eventually they will start making more and more of their big title games over to the New Nintendo 3ds, until all of them are only playable on the N3DS, forcing us to convert and buy the newer model, this is not only a marketing ploy that is commonly used by all companies (PS4 + Xbox1 with their previous consoles' games not being playable on their next generation consoles), but they also want the games they create to be of a higher quality and standard and the newer models in the 3DS family have better hardware and processing speeds, its just a natural circle of life with handheld consoles, if we want more outstanding, higher quality games, Nintendo will eventually make the push to direct us towards those newer models, it may be money consuming but it is just the circle that all companies do unfortunately. With that being said, they may well indeed try to create a newer Model of the 2DS, although the market for the 2DS was pretty low to begin with, which can be shown clearly by sales at this current time being substantially low in comparison to the 3DS models, or at least it is like that in my area

good explenation, i agree. and with the 2DS? totally just an unneeded (and unwanted) downgrade from the 3DS, besides if people dont want their kids using the 3D they can just restrict it with parental controls....but no, they just had to make yet another cloned System in their Handheld Family. which is a waste of time, material, money and manufacturing. so then the 2DS became a Fail on Nintendo's Part like D= on the face.

You can speak Japanese? O:

And, honestly, I don't want the N3Ds to take over. I love my little 2ds.

Now that you think about it, nintendo might actually release a N2ds? Am I right?

But, what I was saying was,I don't want to ds to go to waste. I like everything I have on it so far and transferring is going to be a pain. I really, really hope they keep making the new titles for the normal 3ds, cause if they don't ---->:dead:

I'm also thinking about the new features you mentioned. It would be cool if we had a way to transfer files without switching SD card (aint nobody got time for dat) faster browser and stuffz sounds awesome aswell. I hope it turns out good, since it's already announced and I can't stop it lol.
i doubt they will be making a N2DS, like i said in my last post (above this one) The 2DS was a Fail. so i don't think making a N2DS would make it any better. also, isn't a N3DS+XL Enough? i mean yeah Nintendo is working on ANOTHER handheld (codenamed NX) and Nobody knows what to expect from that new Bad boy. (or a good one, depending on how fans will like it and the sails of course) but my point is, There's no Point in making another New system like a N2DS because nobodies gonna want it. all the fame is transfering From Nintendo 3DS+XL > N3DS+XL. theres no way a N2DS will be able to get into all of that fame. Basically Fail Plus Retry of the Same exact thing = more fail. so yeah, sorry to crush your dreams of there being a N2DS, but theres no Chance of that happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ArtsyThePikachu~
Back