[NEWS] Nintendo Direct (18/12)

• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date
D4rkDragon

D4rkDragon

Lemon Dragon
Towns Folk
Got some fresh news for all of you !

I have watched in direct the Nintendo Direct today, and, as you'll expect, there's a lot of great things to say about it, both for WiiU and 3DS !

Let's start now !

1. ---> WiiU users: Nintendo is cooperating with Tecmo Koei (or a thing like this), to make a game using the Zelda universe, and, it will look like a massive beat 'em up game. The title would be (but isn't confirmed) Hyrul Warriors.

2 ----> 3DS and WiiU users : Great news fro SSB4: A new character has been revealed: As some of you wished that she could be in SSB4, she is now in, yes, I am talking about Rosalina ! She can use a Luma to attack opponents.

3 ----> 3DS Users: Nintendo is re-making a promotion: If you create a new Nintendo Network account, you'll get in February a code to download Super Mario Deluxe, from the Game Boy Color !

4 ----> 3DS Users: Nintendo will also give a gift to everybody who will use the PokeBank, even during the free trial, before the 31 September 2014: A Celebi !

5 ----> WiiU Users: People who play the Wii Karaoke U (Forgot the name), will be able to get new musics !
Most likely J-POP and J-Rock, though.

6 -----> WiiU users : Additional Content will be made for Sonic Lost World: Yoshi's Island Zone ! No jokes, it's true ! You'll have to get Yoshi eggs in that level !

7 ---> 3DS : A game that is waited by everybody, Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney, will finally come the 28th March 2014 !

8 ---> WiiU: A new game, available now, is NES Remix. You can play old NES games, but with "Remixed Stages", and some looks pretty hard !

And also, they made a DR. Luigi game, similar to Dr. Mario, except that you'll get L-shaped pills and new attacks in case of combos !

9 -> 3DS: More info on the Kirby Triple Deluxe Game ! There will be four additional modes included, including one, who is a fight between 4 Kirby, who can be played alone or with friends!

10 -> WiiU: Mario Kart 8 will also feature a new vehicle type: The Buggy !

Club Nintendo News: European users will get new rewards in the Star Catalogue, all based on Luigi, since they extend the Yera of Luigi to 2014 !

That's all, I tried to make this as fast as possible, so you'll grab those infos while they are really fresh !
Post your opinions here, now ! For more, or check the original video, go on UStream.tv, and search the Nintendo Direct ! Bye !

Last edited:
Reactions: Marc and BjFauble
I exploded when I saw Kirby in Mario Kart and then it turned out to be Super Smash Bros.

I'm EXTREMELY excited for Hyrule Warriors. Mr. Iwata even said it's a Dynasty Warriors game, so this is going to be really great for those who love both series. I really love when Nintendo does stuff off the wall like this that no one expects. :D

Reactions: Marc
I exploded when I saw Kirby in Mario Kart and then it turned out to be Super Smash Bros.

I'm EXTREMELY excited for Hyrule Warriors. Mr. Iwata even said it's a Dynasty Warriors game, so this is going to be really great for those who love both series. I really love when Nintendo does stuff off the wall like this that no one expects. :D

I had to admit that the Hyrule Warriors Game was really unexpected, but looks great.
Also, the fact that Rosalina will be available in the 3DS/WiiU versions of SSB4 will sure be a great thing for fans !

Also, the fact that Rosalina will be available in the 3DS/WiiU versions of SSB4 will sure be a great thing for fans !

Yeah, Rosalina really has become a big part of the Mario series. Hoping she has a baby character in Mario Kart 8. :p

Well, Nintendo did say they aren't done with the Super Mario Galaxy series, so I expect another one of those to be revealed at 2014's E3.

Yes, but for the SMG series, we can most likely expect the next to be on WiiU. Chances are inferior to 10% of seeing a SMG game coming to 3DS.

Yes, but for the SMG series, we can most likely expect the next to be on WiiU. Chances are inferior to 10% of seeing a SMG game coming to 3DS.

I wouldn't go that far. But if Nintendo does make it for the 3DS they're insane.

Yes. But seriously, I hope that Nintendo will also release a bunch of great games for the 3DS too ! (If we exclude the Kirby + SSB4) Because they're trying to seduce back gamers so they can buy the WiiU, but they forget a little bit the 3DS, if you compare the assault of great games, now.

Yes. But seriously, I hope that Nintendo will also release a bunch of great games for the 3DS too ! (If we exclude the Kirby + SSB4) Because they're trying to seduce back gamers so they can buy the WiiU, but they forget a little bit the 3DS, if you compare the assault of great games, now.

Eh, we already know the 3DS is getting Yoshi's New Island, Mario Golf: World Tour, Kirby Triple Deluxe, and Super Smash Bros. in 2014, and I'd expect there to be a new 3D Mario game for it. Not a bad lineup.

Eh, we already know the 3DS is getting Yoshi's New Island, Mario Golf: World Tour, Kirby Triple Deluxe, and Super Smash Bros. in 2014, and I'd expect there to be a new 3D Mario game for it. Not a bad lineup.

Sure. And perhaps we could expect some Pokemon Spin-Offs on it.
But for Yoshi's New Island, I won't buy it. I prefer the graphics from the DS one. The 3DS version looks a bit too much "N64"-ish. That would have been better if they kept the same road as the DS and SNES sprites.

Sure. And perhaps we could expect some Pokemon Spin-Offs on it.

Yeah, we're long overdue for a Pokémon Ranger game. That, and they're working on The Pikachu Detective game and Pokémon Trozei 2.

Or we'll get Pokémon Z.

Yeah, we're long overdue for a Pokémon Ranger game. That, and they're working on The Pikachu Detective game and Pokémon Trozei 2.

Or we'll get Pokémon Z.

Then, let's hope that Pokemon Trozei will have a good plot this time, since I found the DS Plot too "quick", and finished it in 4-5 Hours. Thanks, Dittos !

Then, let's hope that Pokemon Trozei will have a good plot this time, since I found the DS Plot too "quick", and finished it in 4-5 Hours. Thanks, Dittos !

Pokémon Trozei is a puzzle game. It's not supposed to have a plot.

Ummm... I'm pretty sure SMB DX promotion is europe only...I always watch both US and UK directs, and I'm pretty sure it's only UK.

Ummm... I'm pretty sure SMB DX promotion is europe only...I always watch both US and UK directs, and I'm pretty sure it's only UK.
You're correct.

Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton date release is also for European. For NA 3DS user, there will be a demo for Bravely Default next month. I'm sure you've been waiting for this one ;)

I like the idea of the free game when you're creating a new nintendo network. ID account but I'm not going to but how are we supposed to receive the DLC for the game ?
Got some fresh news for all of you !

I have watched in direct the Nintendo Direct today, and, as you'll expect, there's a lot of great things to say about it, both for WiiU and 3DS !

Let's start now !

1. ---> WiiU users: Nintendo is cooperating with Tecmo Koei (or a thing like this), to make a game using the Zelda universe, and, it will look like a massive beat 'em up game. The title would be (but isn't confirmed) Hyrul Warriors.

2 ----> 3DS and WiiU users : Great news fro SSB4: A new character has been revealed: As some of you wished that she could be in SSB4, she is now in, yes, I am talking about Rosalina ! She can use a Luma to attack opponents.

3 ----> 3DS Users: Nintendo is re-making a promotion: If you create a new Nintendo Network account, you'll get in February a code to download Super Mario Deluxe, from the Game Boy Color !

4 ----> 3DS Users: Nintendo will also give a gift to everybody who will use the PokeBank, even during the free trial, before the 31 September 2014: A Celebi !

5 ----> WiiU Users: People who play the Wii Karaoke U (Forgot the name), will be able to get new musics !
Most likely J-POP and J-Rock, though.

6 -----> WiiU users : Additional Content will be made for Sonic Lost World: Yoshi's Island Zone ! No jokes, it's true ! You'll have to get Yoshi eggs in that level !

7 ---> 3DS : A game that is waited by everybody, Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney, will finally come the 28th March 2014 !

8 ---> WiiU: A new game, available now, is NES Remix. You can play old NES games, but with "Remixed Stages", and some looks pretty hard !

And also, they made a DR. Luigi game, similar to Dr. Mario, except that you'll get L-shaped pills and new attacks in case of combos !

9 -> 3DS: More info on the Kirby Triple Deluxe Game ! There will be four additional modes included, including one, who is a fight between 4 Kirby, who can be played alone or with friends!

10 -> WiiU: Mario Kart 8 will also feature a new vehicle type: The Buggy !

Club Nintendo News: European users will get new rewards in the Star Catalogue, all based on Luigi, since they extend the Yera of Luigi to 2014 !

That's all, I tried to make this as fast as possible, so you'll grab those infos while they are really fresh !
Post your opinions here, now ! For more, or check the original video, go on UStream.tv, and search the Nintendo Direct ! Bye !

I like the idea of the free game when you're creating a new nintendo network. ID account but I'm not going to but how are we supposed to receive the DLC for the game ?
We can download/buy DLC on the eShop, of course.

On the other hand, it's surprising that BD:FF demo is a side-story outside the game itself. We can try jobs, have streetpass tags even with demo version, and transfer some items to the full version (in case you want to buy it). The demo will be released on January, 2nd XD

We can download/buy DLC on the eShop, of course.

On the other hand, it's surprising that BD:FF demo is a side-story outside the game itself. We can try jobs, have streetpass tags even with demo version, and transfer some items to the full version (in case you want to buy it). The demo will be released on January, 2nd XD
I know! It's hardly even a demo, but a stand alone eShop game. Can't wait to play it.

Yeah, Rosalina really has become a big part of the Mario series. Hoping she has a baby character in Mario Kart 8. :p

Well, Nintendo did say they aren't done with the Super Mario Galaxy series, so I expect another one of those to be revealed at 2014's E3.
I wouldn't count on a baby character for Rosalina just yet :p I mean, the baby characters in the Mario Kart games are seen in M&L: Partners in Time, and Baby Rosalina hasn't been seen in any game yet

I wouldn't count on a baby character for Rosalina just yet :p I mean, the baby characters in the Mario Kart games are seen in M&L: Partners in Time, and Baby Rosalina hasn't been seen in any game yet

They could be adding a baby Rosalina in Yoshi's New Island, possibly.

Back