[NEWS] Nintendo Direct (18/12)

• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date
Yes but some kids would think it's just an add-on to the Wii (like Wii Fit Board), especially since of gamepad :p I'm sure games are main reason, but marketing and name definitely ain't minor reason... I'm pretty sure once even some workers in gamestop mixed it up with wii :p

Yes but some kids would think it's just an add-on to the Wii (like Wii Fit Board), especially since of gamepad :p I'm sure games are main reason, but marketing and name definitely ain't minor reason... I'm pretty sure once even some workers in gamestop mixed it up with wii :p
well that's a matter of retailer stupidity rather than name stupidity. And in any case, it's meant to be a better version of the Wii, so what were they to call it? Wii 2? That would have been really unoriginal

I mean, one time a bunch of Gamestops decided to sell copies of Fire Emblem: Awakening earlier and then ruined it for everyone else as Nintendo delayed shipment for those stores for a while for that game

well that's a matter of retailer stupidity than name stupidity. And in any case, it's meant to be a better version of the Wii, so what were they to call it? Wii 2? That would have been really unoriginal
They could of called it whatever they want, it doesn't have to do with Wii. I actually liked evolution name more :3 anywayys I don't wanna hate on nintendo at all xD

They could of called it whatever they want, it doesn't have to do with Wii. I actually liked evolution name more :3 anywayys I don't wanna hate on nintendo at all xD
look, all I'm saying is that the way the console works it's a lot like the Wii, except it's become more advanced. Also, Nintendo's been active in its marketing now, and I think part of it may explain reasoning for calling it Wii U...."Wii U's a total upgrade"

Back