[Nintendo Network] Nintendo's New Region Lock System

• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date
D4rkDragon

D4rkDragon

Lemon Dragon
Towns Folk
Yes, now, as you may have noticed in the System Settings, changing your system's region now blocks you from using various services, such as the eShop, the Miiverse, or even playing online !

I've tried, since I was going to trade with Borky, and he was going to trade a Austalian code. But unfortunately, as of the latest system update, they warn you if you change your region.

Additionally, if you still try connecting, you'll get an error code saying that the region of the system doesn't match the one linked to your Nintendo Network Account.

What do you think of this ? Should Nintendo remove it ?

Yes, now, as you may have noticed in the System Settings, changing your system's region now blocks you from using various services, such as the eShop, the Miiverse, or even playing online !

I've tried, since I was going to trade with Borky, and he was going to trade a Austalian code. But unfortunately, as of the latest system update, they warn you if you change your region.

Additionally, if you still try connecting, you'll get an error code saying that the region of the system doesn't match the one linked to your Nintendo Network Account.

Well, that's interesting...the lengths that Nintendo will go with it's region lock...I personally don't have much of a problem with it but I bet a lot of consumer rage is going to happen

Well, that's interesting...the lengths that Nintendo will go with it's region lock...I personally don't have much of a problem with it but I bet a lot of consumer rage is going to happen

Yes. I think that Nintendo does way too much Region Lock. And more, because of this, non-UK European members here won't be able to get download codes or eShop credits. Still, why Nintendo did this, as this is going to be used against them again ?

Yes. I think that Nintendo does way too much Region Lock. And more, because of this, non-UK European members here won't be able to get download codes or eShop credits. Still, why Nintendo did this, as this is going to be used against them again ?
Oh, you can't change the region of your European country? Yeah, I don't see the point in that. Well, perhaps we'll get an official comment from Nintendo on the matter...

Yes. Even if you change the country, you get blocked from using the services. Plus, I don't want to delete my NN account.

Yes. Even if you change the country, you get blocked from using the services. Plus, I don't want to delete my NN account.
Did you bring this up on @Marc 's Secret Santa thread? This is definitely something worth noting given he may need to change the tactics for rewards...

I'll do it. But the french website for GAME (game.fr) is down, since October, and they're saying that they should update it... So, actually, We (I and others non-UK European Members) are screwed for the Secret Santa, or even the eShop credit, or download codes.

Haha I have no problem with the new nintendo region lock but nintendo mii-verse is just... Anyways I only change my region on the 3ds to use the eshop :)

I really do not like how Nintendo is pushing region lock really far... All the other console systems do not have region lock but Nintendo hates region-free aparrently. Come on Nintendo

I really do not like how Nintendo is pushing region lock really far... All the other console systems do not have region lock but Nintendo hates region-free aparrently. Come on Nintendo

Yes, Nintendo is making it too hard with the Region Lock. If they continue, they will get consumers' rage.

Yes, Nintendo is making it too hard with the Region Lock. If they continue, they will get consumers' rage.

Yep... Like me... RAAAWWWWRRRR! Lol. But that is true they should listen a little bit more to feedback and their customers because sometimes they have really good things to say

Yes, I admit. Sometimes Nintendo does great things, sometimes they does bad things. Like every gaming company, finally !

Well a lot people hate region lock for consoles because when they visit other countries mostly the reason of it , they cannot buy the games there which is cheaper than their country xD.

Well a lot people hate region lock for consoles because when they visit other countries mostly the reason of it , they cannot buy the games there which is cheaper than their country xD.
While they can't buy games there, it's still possible to buy via eshop isn't it?
Yep... Like me... RAAAWWWWRRRR! Lol. But that is true they should listen a little bit more to feedback and their customers because sometimes they have really good things to say
Many times they do listen to their customers. You're raging over an exception.

While they can't buy games there, it's still possible to buy via eshop isn't it?

Many times they do listen to their customers. You're raging over an exception.

I am not raging, that was a joke?!?!?

Umm... when you update the system to 7.0.0+ can't you just create a Nintendo Network ID after you change the region so that you can play? But then you can not change back...

I am not raging, that was a joke?!?!?

Umm... when you update the system to 7.0.0+ can't you just create a Nintendo Network ID after you change the region so that you can play? But then you can not change back...

Yes, but if Nintendo finds that you're doing this, you might be in trouble. Plus, that would be annoying to always have to delete (yes, you can't store multiple NN accounts) your NN account only to change the region.

Yes, but if Nintendo finds that you're doing this, you might be in trouble. Plus, that would be annoying to always have to delete (yes, you can't store multiple NN accounts) your NN account only to change the region.
Wouldn't it just be easier not to create a Nintendo Network ID on the 3DS and not have to deal with the region settings? Or is this something that's unavoidable?

That's unavoidable. If your 3DS's region and your NN region doesn't match, you're some kind of banned, as long as your NN and your 3DS's region does not match.

That's unavoidable. If your 3DS's region and your NN region doesn't match, you're some kind of banned, as long as your NN and your 3DS's region does not match.
So basically as soon as you make the system update you have a Nintendo Network ID assigned? What if you were to try to combine the two by syncing with the Wii U?

I haven't tried this way, since I don't have a WiiU. But when they released the 7.0.0 Update, they updated their servers, so if you want to access Miiverse/eShop/Online Gaming, they automatically log you with your account and compare with your System.

Back