[Nintendo Network] Nintendo's New Region Lock System

• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date
I haven't tried this way, since I don't have a WiiU. But when they released the 7.0.0 Update, they updated their servers, so if you want to access Miiverse/eShop/Online Gaming, they automatically log you with your account and compare with your System.
so does this affect changing states in the system settings, or only for changing the overall region (as in country, part of world, etc.) in general? I think there are people who'd like to know

This affects you only if you change your country ! If you change the state, it won't have an impact.

This affects you only if you change your country ! If you change the state, it won't have an impact.
Ah ok, so tax evasion is still an option for a bunch of people in the United States :p In any case, I kinda wonder if Nintendo's seen the consumer reaction for this region lock system

Don't know. But I guess that's already happening, at the moment we are talking now !

Don't know. But I guess that's already happening, at the moment we are talking now !
Yeah, that's very possible. But idk honestly, I think in this case Nintendo will just continue its region lock policies no matter what

Yeah, that's very possible. But idk honestly, I think in this case Nintendo will just continue its region lock policies no matter what

Like what Nanamine said in another thread (where it killed my hope), they won't care about it, even if there's petitions.

Like what Nanamine said in another thread (where it killed my hope), they won't care about it, even if there's petitions.
The only petition they'll care about is the Reggie for SSB4 one (and that's mainly because Reggie supports himself being added as a character in the game :p)

The only petition they'll care about is the Reggie for SSB4 one (and that's mainly because Reggie supports himself being added as a character in the game :p)

Yes. It still crushed me that Nintendo won't port the original Pokemon games to the eShop. Anyway, let's hope for a GBC compilation, then (even less hopes, but I'll keep dreaming about this) !

Yes. It still crushed me that Nintendo won't port the original Pokemon games to the eShop. Anyway, let's hope for a GBC compilation, then (even less hopes, but I'll keep dreaming about this) !
GBC compilation has some hope imo. I just don't think it'd be a priority. Problem with other pokemon games is that there'd be connectivity disputes given that Gen 3 and onward can connect to Gen 6 (and onward)

Hmm... I have an idea... How about making a service that would transfer those old Pokemons to the PokeBank ? For Nintendo, perhaps it could interest people to use the service too !

Hmm... I have an idea... How about making a service that would transfer those old Pokemons to the PokeBank ? For Nintendo, perhaps it could interest people to use the service too !
The problem is that that service wasn't thought of at the time and there may be issues with trying to connect them now for all we know. With that said though, maybe Nintendo has looked into it?

Nintendo's developers are smart enough to makes this possible. Or they could embed some kind of thing like this in a cartridge, or use the SD ?

Nintendo's developers are smart enough to makes this possible. Or they could embed some kind of thing like this in a cartridge, or use the SD ?
well, keep in mind that then there'd be questions of how to transfer...like how would you connect a GBA to a completely online system? I mean sure they could think of something for the DS games perhaps but still

well, keep in mind that then there'd be questions of how to transfer...like how would you connect a GBA to a completely online system? I mean sure they could think of something for the DS games perhaps but still

Seems like you didn't got the concept of the compilation I meant :

It's simple like this

GBC Games (R/B/Y/G/S/C, and the GBA ones, perhaps !) ---> Stored into ---> 3DS Game Card or 3DS Game, then
|--------> Embedded Storage System -------> Importable into X/Y !

Seems like you didn't got the concept of the compilation I meant :

It's simple like this

GBC Games (R/B/Y/G/S/C, and the GBA ones, perhaps !) ---> Stored into ---> 3DS Game Card or 3DS Game, then
|--------> Embedded Storage System -------> Importable into X/Y !
oh my bad, I thought you were talking about transferring pokemon form like DS and GBA to the new gen. Eh, maybe it's possible idk

As for the GBC games thing I think if they did it it'd be limited to Gen 1 and Gen 2. GBA don't have a chance

oh my bad, I thought you were talking about transferring pokemon form like DS and GBA to the new gen. Eh, maybe it's possible idk

As for the GBC games thing I think if they did it it'd be limited to Gen 1 and Gen 2. GBA don't have a chance
That's why I wrote "Perhaps !" in parenthesis. But that would be totally awesome, since I am a fan of Gen 2 and 1. (Yes, I skipped a bit Gen 3)

That's why I wrote "Perhaps !" in parenthesis. But that would be totally awesome, since I am a fan of Gen 2 and 1. (Yes, I skipped a bit Gen 3)
The only problem I could see with this is that mechanics changed after Gen 2 so transferring those to Pokemon Bank could actually be an issue if you think about it

Heh heh, no. If you convert the PID (ID who tell if the Pokemon is from X game, illegal, and of X nature) to the ones used in B/W ones or X/Y ones, then, there's no trouble ! Or they would simply generate a new PID and you're done !

Heh heh, no. If you convert the PID (ID who tell if the Pokemon is from X game, illegal, and of X nature) to the ones used in B/W ones or X/Y ones, then, there's no trouble ! Or they would simply generate a new PID and you're done !
no, I'm talking about the fact that the original Pokemon Red and Blue had a Special Stat and that abilities and natures weren't introduced until Gen 3

So, what were you meaning then ?

Back