[Nintendo Network] Nintendo's New Region Lock System

• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date
So, what were you meaning then ?
I meant that the mechanics were revamped in Gen 3 because it couldn't connect with Gen 2. After Gen 2 a lot of things were changed such as the introduction of abilities and natures. It'd be a bit weird to have those things randomly decided if they had the option to transfer pokemon from Pokemon R/B/Y/G/S because of that

Ah yes, didn't know about that. But It's time to suggest that we return to the original subject, no ? :D

Ah yes, didn't know about that. But It's time to suggest that we return to the original subject, no ? :D
Yeah perhaps. Somewhat back on topic, I don't think Nintendo would feel like trying to region lock those past games either so that's another thing to keep in mind

Yeah perhaps. Somewhat back on topic, I don't think Nintendo would feel like trying to region lock those past games either so that's another thing to keep in mind

Yes, what would this bring to them, locking past games ? That would be nonsense.

Yes, what would this bring to them, locking past games ? That would be nonsense.
Well, they'd have to continue the policy that they're using right now. I mean, if all these things are region-locked right now, I'd imagine those games would have to be too if they were to remake them in such a form

Yes, why not, finally ? I meant, what would happen if you have your system region changed, and download a game on the (example) Japanese eShop ? 100% non-comprehensibility for the game guaranteed. (Unless you're familiar with Japanese :p)

Yes, why not, finally ? I meant, what would happen if you have your system region changed, and download a game on the (example) Japanese eShop ? 100% non-comprehensibility for the game guaranteed. (Unless you're familiar with Japanese :p)
Well, there are people who'd do that and then apply a patch to it so that it has an English translation. How else are english translations of Japanese ROMS made before the game actually reaches North America and Europe? :p

And rereading your earlier post more closely, I meant if they did it for a compilation thing rather than regionlocking old games

Well, there are people who'd do that and then apply a patch to it so that it has an English translation. How else are english translations of Japanese ROMS made before the game actually reaches North America and Europe? :p

And rereading your earlier post more closely, I meant if they did it for a compilation thing rather than regionlocking old games

I don't know... Assembler Hacking by the guys who leaks every info...
But I didn't know that you were talking about compilation instead of old games :bag: !

I don't know... Assembler Hacking by the guys who leaks every info...
But I didn't know that you were talking about compilation instead of old games :bag: !
Yeah, I agree that it'd be stupid they were to try to region lock games that were already out there. I mean if they were to do that, they'd have to ask everyone to give back their copy of the game and redistribute region locked game cartridges, which would be a colossal waste of time.

Colossal waste of time... And money ! Plus, they wouldn't do that because of the massive consumer rage it would cause.

Colossal waste of time... And money ! Plus, they wouldn't do that because of the massive consumer rage it would cause.
Yeah, I mean people are already annoyed with region-lock, so it's not like they'll do it for past games haha Also, it's not like they'd be able to do anything about it

Yeah, I mean people are already annoyed with region-lock, so it's not like they'll do it for past games haha Also, it's not like they'd be able to do anything about it

If Nintendo would always listen to their customers, they would be working every second 24/7 ! But Nintendo should sometimes cares about petitions, that kind of thing...

If Nintendo would always listen to their customers, they would be working every second 24/7 ! But Nintendo should sometimes cares about petitions, that kind of thing...
They *sometimes* look at petitions. If they didn't pay any attention to petitions, the Reggie for SSB4 thing wouldn't be working at all. Sakurai may end up deciding to consider it for all we know

They *sometimes* look at petitions. If they didn't pay any attention to petitions, the Reggie for SSB4 thing wouldn't be working at all. Sakurai may end up deciding to consider it for all we know

Then, let's ask for the world to make a Petition: "Make Gen 3 as a remake", and "Port the GBC Pokemons Games to eShop!", Nintendo would constantly see their servers filled up with a lot of mails for sure!

Then, let's ask for the world to make a Petition: "Make Gen 3 as a remake", and "Port the GBC Pokemons Games to eShop!", Nintendo would constantly see their servers filled up with a lot of mails for sure!
They already know about the Gen 3 remake one and the only official response that we ever got is that they'll think about it. They may see it but they may just not respond

They already know about the Gen 3 remake one and the only official response that we ever got is that they'll think about it. They may see it but they may just not respond

Nintendo. They always keep their secrets. But, can we expect it for the next E3 or in 2 years ? Probably. If they do, perhaps, I have said Perhaps I'll play Gen 3 for real this time. Not with an expired Ruby cartridge with battery dead.

Nintendo. They always keep their secrets. But, can we expect it for the next E3 or in 2 years ? Probably. If they do, perhaps, I have said Perhaps I'll play Gen 3 for real this time. Not with an expired Ruby cartridge with battery dead.
Cartridge battery you could send in to Nintendo to get that fixed. But yeah, Hoenn remakes could be announced at a future E3 for all we know. They're good at surprising us

Yes, If one day, I find back that Ruby cartridge as well as my LeafGreen one. Yes, I'm a pro for losing games.

Yes, If one day, I find back that Ruby cartridge as well as my LeafGreen one. Yes, I'm a pro for losing games.
well, those games are pretty old so it's not too surprising that you would have lost them at some point haha Hopefully you manage to find them eventually though

Yes, eventually. By the way, Good Night, since my computer's battery is really low, so, guess that I'll Miiverse a bit and sleep. See you tomorrow for more posts :D !

Back