(Outdated) Battle for Champion Tournament Rules

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Alright! Tell him to swap it out but use the same team (and you can swap out one of your 'mons too).
battle is just over though

battle is just over though
How did it go? I can't advance him if he won with an uber on his team.

How did it go? I can't advance him if he won with an uber on his team.
hmmmmmmmmmmmm
he did, albeit not because of kyurem-b but more so because 90% accuracy not hitting twice( hax is hax i guess i won't argue about that). I was fine with it, didn't bother me that he used it. I was looking at this very thread for the rules myself anyway (ofcourse only page1, can't blame me if thread is called tournament rules) so thats why i agreed with it.
@Leviathinian i don't think he's on anymore though, so he can't speak for himself. And i'm going to sleep now myself as well. (and I think i recorded the battle too)

hmmmmmmmmmmmm
he did, albeit not because of kyurem-b but more so because 90% accuracy not hitting twice( hax is hax i guess i won't argue about that). I was fine with it, didn't bother me that he used it. I was looking at this very thread for the rules myself anyway (ofcourse only page1, can't blame me if thread is called tournament rules) so thats why i agreed with it.
@Leviathinian i don't think he's on anymore though, so he can't speak for himself. And i'm going to sleep now myself as well. (and I think i recorded the battle too)
Kyurem-b isn't an uber :panda:

hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Kyurem Black is not Uber he is OU

I know that, i said it myself it isn't an uber:
@Marc
i didn't opponent did, not an uber but just a legendary

Marc my words I'm gonna lurk here until the champion gets picked.

Reactions: Kadaj
The thing about Baton Pass, is that is kinda broken
Without that rule, people can use this type of team, in which, if the player with the BP team gets a good lead, wins the game unless the opponent gets a crit

Yes, im quite aware of that and this is exactly what i spoke of in my initial writing.... All you have to do to know that baton pass is quite overpowered (aka broken, as you called it and some others probably would too. I think those mean the same thing sorry if im wrong though) is watch some youtuber spam stat boosts like with swords dance and other things, then swap out with baton pass an watch them one hit kill the opposing person's full team with little or no effort (nearly all cases of this, the opposing pokemon get one shotted based on my personal observations, though if youre lucky enough you might survive one hit from related combos where baton pass involved, however im quite sure that is either extremely difficult or impossible even).

Given my above explanation, i personally say the baton pass clause that was listed as an additional restriction is only natural to help prevent crazy or otherwise outrageous battles among different participants (help maintain necessary balance). I have no complaints, even though im not participating in this event, i have quite a feeling the rule will help reduce what could be potentially an excess of complaints from some people who do wish to take part here, but i also know some people out there may complain against this rule, but oh well. Cant please everyone i guess! :p

I understand the reason for baton pass clause here, im guessing its to help balance/reduce what could be what i call "potentially too much chaos" so to speak (if you know what i mean, sorry if that didn't make sense), but if you can't use stat boost moves with it in a combo then isnt having the move in a Pokemon's moveset kinda void (aka useless)? Remember though, i am not much experienced at all with competitive kinda rules and battles so when im writing the above im only going based on what ive seen on YouTube and heard other people say/write otherwise so i admit i may be wrong regarding baton pass being void without any stat boost moves, if i am i apologize for any potential confusion :p
I think it's an unspoken rule that an all-status moveset for 1 'Mon on your team seems to be pushing your luck as you the player needs to watch our for Taunt and various others instances where statuses are unplayable however as a support or lead setup I would encourage it. Some of them are designed for the purpose of support like various Pokémon with Prankster and/or high speed stats (the basic Speed Boost strategies are weakened with the clause but are still effective to a lesser degree) and basic go-to movesets with either stall potential, a way to make an opening to pass stats, and/or specific unorthodox combinations that are unexpected but can determine the outcome of how to take out an opponents existing team or 'Mon on the field with its setups already made for a potential forced switch (predict, rinse, and repeat). It is up to the "wise trainer-sensei" to look for these setups.

Is it too late to sign up?

T.T

You needed to have at least 1 Gym Badge as well

Back