(Outdated) Battle for Champion Tournament Rules

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
lol woops My bad

lol woops My bad
Yea. This is mostly an argument of whether you wanna see Lando-T and Lati@s in the tournament :p

Pk1410 said:
I sadly find it hard to believe you have a perfect Latios from gen 4. Anything coming from previous games especially Legendary Pokemon is hacked to me. But that's another topic for another day.
*facepalm* but I said it RIGHT THERE

Seriously, 5 seconds of google
I think PK was referring to the fact that gen 5 was a hackfest instead of RNG abuse so he considers anything from past gens to be hacked. Gen 4 was already bad with max EV'd and 999 stat hacks working over Wi-Fi (thank god gen 6 doesn't allow it).

My nicknamed HP Fire Latios I got in a trade is most likely hacked too but the person claimed it was RNG abused.

Limiting the amount of legendary Pokemon on a team kind of defeats the purpose of some of the points mentioned in this thread. The points some of you are trying to make tell me (1) legends should be allowed because they are a part of OU (which is understandable), (2) people have worked hard resetting for good IV legends (commented about it here) and (3) how you must overcome anything that comes your way even if they were manipulated to be perfect IV legends while also considering the fact Jennifer Lopez could call her good friend SpongeBob SquarePants from the wrong side of PS who is also someone claiming to be a "legit" perfect IV legend collector with access to ANY IV legendary Pokemon born in Kalos ><

The only true way to get rid of unfair legendary hacks (which is the main issue here) is by burning it all with fire. Burning them bring up other issues which have already been acknowledged such as lower counters, especially for an event of this stature. I don't think anyone here has a problem with legends in general. Hacking just screwed up the game and people are dishonest.

I don't mind either way what the result of the poll will be. Let's just say if I somehow do catch someone using hacks, oh boy :3

This is kind of why I absolutely cannot wait until Sun and Moon get here with its IV training. It should cut down the amount of legendary hacks and I'm pretty sure a majority of 3DS Pedia members will use it over trading and/or hacking.

Please take note, I am not trying to say anyone is a hacker or claim they are alright with hacks.

Reactions: Danny and Mr. Kream
@Marc is move like rest and spore will be banned in tourny?

Bf0k355IgAImaH0.jpg

Reactions: Mr. Kream and Danny
Reactions: Artisan
I personally think all legends should be allowed.

I personally think all legends should be allowed.
You also need to give reason for that ;)

You also need to give reason for that ;)
The odds someone would use a legendary is incredibly high. You know how easy that is to counterplay? Easier than you think.

Reactions: Danny
We already have Sleep Clause added, so does this have anything to do with my 6 Suicunes? Lol

P. S. I didn't know I had 6 Suicunes...

We already have Sleep Clause added, so does this have anything to do with my 6 Suicunes? Lol

P. S. I didn't know I had 6 Suicunes...
Maybe :sneaky:

For having legends: Danny, FirstSerpy, Zukrad, Evil.Wayne14breon, N, Artisan
Against having legends: PK, Vii
In future Sun/Moon events planned and hosted by myself? A majority aren't going to be simple OU events.

I think the move "rest" is only related to the Endless Battle Clause and Gothitelle. It doesn't affect sleep clause. As for spore, you're already aware of sleep clause and how you can only put one 'mon to sleep at a time (rest doesn't count to the number).

Reactions: Artisan and Danny
Sleep Clause
Yeah... so?

Sleep Clasue =/= Banning all sleep moves for good

Yeah... so?

Sleep Clasue =/= Banning all sleep moves for good
Actually I was confused whether spore will ban or not ,as Marc mostly bans spore in competition.
Due that I asked him

For having legends: Danny, FirstSerpy, Zukrad, Evil.Wayne14breon, N, Artisan
Against having legends: PK, Vii

In future Sun/Moon events planned and hosted by myself? A majority aren't going to be simple OU events.

I think the move "rest" is only related to the Endless Battle Clause and Gothitelle. It doesn't affect sleep clause. As for spore, you're already aware of sleep clause and how you can only put one 'mon to sleep at a time (rest doesn't count to the number).
And a level cap? (will experiment on differences later)

Actually I was confused whether spore will ban or not ,as Marc mostly bans spore in competition.
Due that I asked him
The rules are on the first page :p
And a level cap? (will experiment on differences later)
XY/ORAS are auto-set to level 50 for online battles (unless chosen to have no restrictions).

The rules are on the first page :p

XY/ORAS are auto-set to level 50 for online battles (unless chosen to have no restrictions).
But in no restrictions Pokemon below level 50 are raised to level 50 if I'm not mistaken. :/

But in no restrictions Pokemon below level 50 are raised to level 50 if I'm not mistaken. :/
I'm not too sure. I just know there is an option to play with in-game levels and the normal level 50 one. Battles will be auto-set to level 50 for a majority of the tournaments I host (if it had a level 100 option like in D/P/Pl, it'd be that instead).

Back