Persona 5

• Thread starter GonFreecs
  • Start date
With Atlus being sold, it might not be an exclusive since SEGA has expressed their interest to buy them, so it might end up on a lot of systems.

I believe the part of atlus being sold is a sister company, noting to do with the persona making Atlus.

I believe the part of atlus being sold is a sister company, noting to do with the persona making Atlus.
I mean yeah, Atlus is making Persona but what systems they release it for might differ, if Sony bought it then they might only release it for their systems, if Nintendo bought it they might release it for only their systems, if Sega bought it then they might release for multiple systems. The latter option you seemed to dislike a lot.

I mean yeah, Atlus is making Persona but what systems they release it for might differ, if Sony bought it then they might only release it for their systems, if Nintendo bought it they might release it for only their systems, if Sega bought it then they might release for multiple systems. The latter option you seemed to dislike a lot.

Yes, the best thing now is SEGA buy Atlus for now.

pikachu-ohh-wallpaper.jpg

Index Company (the parenting one) will sell Atlus, and everything with it.
Persona real name is Shin Megami Tensei Persona, so with only read "Shin Megami Tensei", is 100% made by Atlus.

Too bad they can't buy it since that part of Atlus isn't up for sale.

Too bad they can't buy it since that part of Atlus isn't up for sale.
I don't think you understand the situation EVERYTHING at INDEX (Mother Company) Corporation is up for sale, their media division, their animation studios, ATLUS too. Sorry, if this was harsh but really you seemed to be misunderstanding a lot.

I don't think you understand the situation EVERYTHING at INDEX (Mother Company) Corporation is up for sale, their media division, their animation studios, ATLUS too. Sorry, if this was harsh but really you seemed to be misunderstanding a lot.
Yeah, but Index/Atlus keep claiming that Atlus will "stay whole" and not be sold, which is pretty ridiculous IMO. The sale of Atlus alone could keep the company stable. Index is (probably) going the way of THQ: They're claiming that only X amount will be sold, but they'll end up in full liquidation.

Of course, none of us can know until it happens.

Yeah, but Index/Atlus keep claiming that Atlus will "stay whole" and not be sold, which is pretty ridiculous IMO. The sale of Atlus alone could keep the company stable. Index is (probably) going the way of THQ: They're claiming that only X amount will be sold, but they'll end up in full liquidation.

Of course, none of us can know until it happens.
I don't think Index ever claimed that, if they did could you show me the article? Also they are fully prepared for complete transaction of all properties.

Pretty much what we have going on here is that Atlus's owners is going belly up leaving everything under it pretty much the same:

Currently, Index Digital Media, Inc. and the ATLUS brand are unaffected by the Index Corporation proceedings in Japan. We’re carrying on day-to-day activities, business as usual. Shin Megami Tensei IV and Dragon’s Crown are still releasing on July 16 and August 6 respectively, and we’re licensing and publishing third-party titles such as R.I.P.D: The Game and Daylight. We want to thank all of our fans for their outpouring of support.

http://kotaku.com/is-atlus-alright-this-is-sure-worrying-595254819

The good news is that Atlus USA previously told Kotaku that it was "unaffected" by the Index Corporation proceedings in Japan. Index Corporation is Atlus' parent company. But what about Atlus Japan? You know, where they make the games? That's the better news.

Today, Atlus Japan's official website and Twitter account and thanked everyone for the concern, adding, "From hereafter also, the development and sales of the Atlus brand as well as the consumer business will continue."

So, as the Japanese brand confirmed, the retail and download sale of Shin Megami Tensei IV will continue. Ditto for Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl, which was released on June 27. "Other retail and download titles that are currently on sale will continue to be sold as they are currently."

Atlus Japan also confirmed that Dragon's Crown will go on sale in Japan as planned on July 25 and 3DS game Devil Survivor 2: Break Record is still slated for release. Details regarding that release are scheduled for a later date.

And finally, Atlus Japan tweeted that the Persona Music Fes 2013, a Persona music event at the Nippon Budokan, will continue.

All of this is good news. Hope titles in development, announced and unannounced, are likewise not effected by Index's troubles.

http://kotaku.com/the-atlus-brand-will-carry-on-says-japanese-hq-656284642

And now we wait who won Atlus in the auction.

SEGA: Good news
NAMCO BANDAI: Bad news for region locked console
SQUARE-ENIX: It's okay. Forgot about translation to other languajes.
CAPCOM: CRAP!
Nintendo or Sony: Bad news

SEGA: Good news
NAMCO BANDAI: Bad news for region locked console
SQUARE-ENIX: It's okay. Forgot about translation to other languajes.
CAPCOM: CRAP!
Nintendo or Sony: Bad news
Why would either Nintendo or Sony be bad news? Just because Atlus becomes exclusive?

Sony or Nintendo would not be bad news in my opinion. They're more likely to support their devs and localize the games.

Reactions: jandkas
Sony or Nintendo would not be bad news in my opinion. They're more likely to support their devs and localize the games.
I'm personally giving preference to Nintendo buying Atlus.

I'm personally giving preference to Nintendo buying Atlus.

Well with the upcoming Fire Emblem x SMT crossover, I think its clear that Nintendo has a head start compared to other companies.

Why would either Nintendo or Sony be bad news? Just because Atlus becomes exclusive?

Yes. Of course, is better Nintendo than Sony, but...

A exclusive Atlus is a bad Atlus :p

Yes. Of course, is better Nintendo than Sony, but...

A exclusive Atlus is a bad Atlus :p
only bad to the people without nintendo consoles:p

only bad to the people without nintendo consoles:p

Well, the Persona saga fits well on Sony consoles, and main saga on Nintendo consoles.
I don't know...

Catherine, for example, isn't a game for a Nintendo console.

Well, the Persona saga fits well on Sony consoles, and main saga on Nintendo consoles.
I don't know...

Catherine, for example, isn't a game for a Nintendo console.
If you think of Mad World, or No More Heroes those still appeared on Nintendo consoles. Just because its Nintendo doesn't mean that it always Child Friendly, just look at SMT IV that has a M rating and that was on the handheld.

If you think of Mad World, or No More Heroes those still appeared on Nintendo consoles. Just because its Nintendo doesn't mean that it always Child Friendly, just look at SMT IV that has a M rating and that was on the handheld.

Mmm... I wasn't talking about the "Child Friendly" thing, also you have a point, I was talking about "Nintendo games rules".

Example: the binding of isaac

Mmm... I wasn't talking about the "Child Friendly" thing, also you have a point, I was talking about "Nintendo games rules".

Example: the binding of isaac
If you're mentioning the part about the controversy with religion I think its because the people who made BoI were indie and Nintendo weren't too friendly with them before. Why I don't think it is because of religion is because again SMT, it has sooooo many religious symbols and demons too, I think there was even a jesus demon, but Atlus was funded company. But now Nintendo is less restrictive against indies so times are changing.

Back