Spin Off Pokémon Shuffle

• Thread starter PersonSP
  • Start date

Are you going to get Pokémon Shuffle

• Nope, too cute/too much of a rip-off. Not worth my sd-card space.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
PersonSP

PersonSP

Writing- 'n-Drawing-aholic
Towns Folk
The countdown has begun! The first free to play pokémon game will be released this month! 28 February to be exact. And well first free to play pokémon game? That's forgetting about the stuff Japan got of course. :meh: Pokémon Shuffle is a pokémon variation on Candy Crush (or, if we are all honest, Bejewelled of course). Free to play to with limited play times after which you have to wait. Or make a micro-transaction. Ah. But those cute pokémons can level up and are (sort of) collectable. The whole game appears to be focussed on colour an cuteness. With pastels and big-eyed Eevees this game is all cuddly. (@Wayne ?)

Nonetheless; a free to play Pokémon game! Are you hyped? Are you excited? Or is the idea of micro-transactions bothering you so much you already hate this Bejewelled rip-off? As for me:I am hyped. A free game is a free game after all. :D I suppose it will be the perfect game for a casual like me and when I need to wait I'll just play another game.

Some screenshots:
1421252906-pokemon-shuffle.jpg

ign article on the game: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/14/pokemon-shuffle-is-nintendos-next-free-to-play-game

Reactions: Eevee
I'm so hyped, i mean it's a free to play pokemon game that is just awesome! Although it does look really easy I can't wait to play. I guess nintendo is following App Store, by making free to play games with in game purchases. And I think @PersonSP forgot to write that it will be comming in February, so this month!

I'm so hyped, i mean it's a free to play pokemon game that is just awesome! Although it does look really easy I can't wait to play. I guess nintendo is following App Store, by making free to play games with in game purchases. And I think @PersonSP forgot to write that it will be comming in February, so this month!
Did you read the part in bold print? Like, the first 3 sentences?o_O

Reactions: 3823
@PersonSP lol whoops, I guess I didnt see that :p

Reactions: PersonSP
I think I'll skip this game.
Not because of the art or the gameplay, but simply because micro-transactions. Sure, it's good to get free stuff, but to be honest, I'd rather pay for a game than having a "free" game that features micro-transactions. And we all know how this kind of system ends.

So, yes, I was kind of happy to see a new Pokémon game, but that micro-transaction system made my interest level reach new depths.

Also, I bet that in a few weeks/month, we'll all hear "Nintendo forced to refund parents because of children spending money in Pokémon Shuffle". Mark my words, because I know it'll happen at one moment.

Reactions: 3823 and PersonSP
I think I'll skip this game.
Not because of the art or the gameplay, but simply because micro-transactions. Sure, it's good to get free stuff, but to be honest, I'd rather pay for a game than having a "free" game that features micro-transactions. And we all know how this kind of system ends.

So, yes, I was kind of happy to see a new Pokémon game, but that micro-transaction system made my interest level reach new depths.

Also, I bet that in a few weeks/month, we'll all hear "Nintendo forced to refund parents because of children spending money in Pokémon Shuffle". Mark my words, because I know it'll happen at one moment.
Yeah the micro-transactions do make the game less a appealing. It's easy enough to evade them, but just like DLC's it feels a bit unfair.:confused: Then again, Nintendo also needs to make a profit and I would never pay for a Candy Crush clone. You can play that for free after all. (Even micro-transaction free if you take another clone)

I don't think the refund stuff is going to happen, they parental controls should stop that from happening right? On the other hand, with the suing culture in the USA you never know. :meh:

Reactions: D4rkDragon
I don't think the refund stuff is going to happen, they parental controls should stop that from happening right? On the other hand, with the suing culture in the USA you never know. :meh:
That is exactly why I have that feeling.

Ahh, I'll be skipping this one. To be honest, it feels too much like a free to play, IAP-ridden version of Pokemon Trozei. Mixed with the somehow now widely popular match-3 genre.

Instead of this (and I do realize this will probably never happen), a Puzzle Quest-like Pokemon game would be 10x cooler imo. Well, granted it wouldn't be free to play also. But every aspect of a Pokemon match-3 RPG appeals to me, considering I'm a fan of both Puzzle Quest and Pokemon. Hm, I believe I've gotten lost in my fantasies at this point.

I still play bejeweled sometimes not often but I have it on my iphone, I never liked candy crunch that much anyway, I think I'll like this tho.

Ill play it because micro-transactions aren't really a bother to me so if I run out of lives or plays etc ill just wait and if its like Candy crush or bejeweled Blitz then ita game u play for 30 mins put down and come back to it later. So yeah ill play it.

3 weeks to go! And lots of different opinions on the game. :) (What is puzzle quest?) Candy Crush got a bit annoying over time but I think this will be a lot better.

Free Pokemon game, that's enough for me to get it. The microtransactions don't bother me as I doubt I'll play the game that much in one sitting, it'll be something I'll play when I don't have enough time for my other games.

I'm getting it because, hey, free Pokemon. That's cool. Five goes a day in free-to-play mode is OK for me. Although I wish it didn't have microtransactions at all. Or at least that this doesn't become a regular thing with Nintendo free-to-play games.

I'm getting it because, hey, free Pokemon. That's cool. Five goes a day in free-to-play mode is OK for me. Although I wish it didn't have microtransactions at all. Or at least that this doesn't become a regular thing with Nintendo free-to-play games.
I was just thinking...what if you reset the time on your 3ds? It won't have any other way to keep the time than the internal clock of the 3ds, right?

I was just thinking...what if you reset the time on your 3ds? It won't have any other way to keep the time than the internal clock of the 3ds, right?
That would be too simple of a workaround. I think online connectivity is going to be necessary for the game, and it'll have an online clock.

That would be too simple of a workaround. I think online connectivity is going to be necessary for the game, and it'll have an online clock.
But what about people with very bad internet?

3 weeks to go! And lots of different opinions on the game. :) (What is puzzle quest?) Candy Crush got a bit annoying over time but I think this will be a lot better.

Puzzle Quest is one of the original match-3 games to exist (disregarding Bejeweled, of course). Though I'm not exactly sure of its origin, I do recall playing it for the DS and having hours of fun. It mixed RPG elements with match-3 gameplay, and is still one of my favorite games.

It was published by D3 Publisher, and I think now the most recognizable form among gamers is Marvel Puzzle Quest, or whatever, the free to play version. But if you are a fan of match-3 and RPG titles, then I strongly recommend checking it out. There are more than one, of course. But, as I was saying, mixing these games with Pokemon will probably never happen.

Read some reviews, looks like a fun game! Will there be a 3ds version? (There is dsi ware)

Read some reviews, looks like a fun game! Will there be a 3ds version? (There is dsi ware)

That's a good question. I'm actually not sure if there will ever be a Puzzle Quest 3, but..I sincerely hope so!

That's a good question. I'm actually not sure if there will ever be a Puzzle Quest 3, but..I sincerely hope so!
I´ll help hoping ;)

Back