• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date

Are you going to use the PokeBank ?

• Total voters
D4rkDragon

D4rkDragon

Lemon Dragon
Towns Folk
Yes, I got some news from Nintendo about the so called Pokemon Bank that will come at the end of December.
I have some news that some people will enjoy, but also news that will make some feel depressed.
Anyways, let's tell what I have learned :

-1- The Price of the Service.
I have checked their website about this. You will need to pay each year to use the service.
The prices are listed here : (PS: I wasn't able to find for the UK)
US -> 4.99$
EU -> 4.99€

-2- Import from old versions.
It disappointed me, but we can only import from Black and White 1/2. Yes, you can't import directly from Diamond, Pearl, HeartGold or SoulSilver. You'll have to pay B/W to send them into their services.

/!\ Note for people who would get bad ideas: Once they are transferred to the X/Y service, you can't SEND them back into the original cartridge. And hacked Pokemons will be forbidden. You'll also need to remove all the items that your Pokemons carries. The servers doesn't allow Item Transfer. /!\

-3- Will Nintendo Give us A Trial ?
Yes. Nintendo will give players a free 30-days trial of the PokeBank. In order to activate this trial, however, you'll need to follow these steps (Taken from the official website):

1-> Download the PokeBank App from the eShop
2-> Launch the application on your 3DS.
3-> Follow the instructions that will come on your screen.

If you want to get this trial, you'll need to do this between the 27th December 2013 and the 31th January 2014.

-4- Date of Launch and Others Questions

The service will be launched from the 27th of December this year.

What will happen if the servers get a crash/have trouble ?
Nintendo -> We'll say more when the software will come out. However, they were talking that players would get a compensation.

Can I use Poke Transfer without PokeBank ?
Nintendo -> No, it's impossible.

What will happen to my Pokemons if my licence ends ?
Nintendo -> We'll provide you more info when the software will come out.

-5- How Much Pokemons can I store ?

-> You can store up to 3000 Pokemons (They give you 100 boxes.)

----------End of the News-------

I made this thread with the hope that it'll be helpful. With all this info, are you going to use this service ?

D4rkDragonix.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marc and BjFauble
I'll be using it for more storage, seeing as I've already filled up all of my boxes.

I'll edit my original post, as I forgot to mention how much Pokemons you can store in.

I will not get Pokebank... To me it just seems like a complete waste of money to pay for your Pokemon to be transfered to X and Y. Because when Generation VII comes out I probably will not play X and Y anymore.

I will not get Pokebank... To me it just seems like a complete waste of money to pay for your Pokemon to be transfered to X and Y. Because when Generation VII comes out I probably will not play X and Y anymore.
Really? $5.00 is pocket change. I suppose it may be pointless if you don't play it as much as me, though.

Really? $5.00 is pocket change. I suppose it may be pointless if you don't play it as much as me, though.

Yep, definantly do not play as much as you... I have only played about 24 hours of gameplay, it is really, not my favorite pokemon game though out of all of them

Wow, wow, wow. Calm down. You travelled to the future, or what ? I think that Gen VII is coming in, at least, 2 years !
But I still agree about the fact that you need to pay. I don't mind about paying, but they could have made a system to transfer directly from D/P/HG/SS, and not only from Black/White (2). It's still disgusting me that I'll have to pay at least some extra 30€ to get my so-much levelled up Pokemons into my 3DS.

Who's to say they won't update Pokebank to allow it to transfer to Gen VII when the time comes. Also, if you take into account the eshop rewards this website can give, $5 a year really is nothing if you think about it lol

Great for competitive people who have a bunch of IV training rejects :p

A waste of money? In b/w2 you needed another system. In the 4th gen you actually needed the older games to transfer over. Which wasn't free since you had to pay for the games. A fee of $5 PER YEAR is nothing. Especially since Gamefreak could make it cost so much more. And they said that it will be compatible with future games. Not just X/Y/

A waste of money? In b/w2 you needed another system. In the 4th gen you actually needed the older games to transfer over. Which wasn't free since you had to pay for the games. A fee of $5 PER YEAR is nothing. Especially since Gamefreak could make it cost so much more. And they said that it will be compatible with future games. Not just X/Y/
They confirmed that it will be compatible with future games? Not trying to be skeptical, because I actually have the same viewpoint as you as indicated above, but where did you hear that?

They confirmed that it will be compatible with future games? Not trying to be skeptical, because I actually have the same viewpoint as you as indicated above, but where did you hear that?

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/strategy/

"An annual charge will allow the service to be maintained long-term so it can provide support for future Pokémon titles. The service charge will also enable the management and maintenance needed to allow everyone access to the online storage."

Straight off the site. xD

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/strategy/

"An annual charge will allow the service to be maintained long-term so it can provide support for future Pokémon titles. The service charge will also enable the management and maintenance needed to allow everyone access to the online storage."

Straight off the site. xD
Ohh....xD Yeah, there was so much info on that website to process that I must have missed it :p Well, GameFreak made a smart move by getting the poke transporter thing for future gens done well ahead of time

Ohh....xD Yeah, there was so much info on that website to process that I must have missed it :p Well, GameFreak made a smart move by getting the poke transporter thing for future gens done well ahead of time

Yes. It's another reason why I don't mind paying the fee. And it's not that bad. Companies like Apple also have cloud services that cost like $25 or something. :p

Yes. It's another reason why I don't mind paying the fee. And it's not that bad. Companies like Apple also have cloud services that cost like $25 or something. :p
Yeah...although one thing's kinda been bugging me that I haven't really confirmed yet (again it might be one the website for all I know)

Is it confirmed that we can use eshop credit for the annual fee?

Yeah...although one thing's kinda been bugging me that I haven't really confirmed yet (again it might be one the website for all I know)

Is it confirmed that we can use eshop credit for the annual fee?

xD of course we can. It's a service on the nintendo 3ds. If we weren't able to, they'd only be hurting themselves. There's no other way to pay really...

xD of course we can. It's a service on the nintendo 3ds. If we weren't able to, they'd only be hurting themselves. There's no other way to pay really...
well idk, this is the first I've heard of a 3DS app that has an annual fee xD Yeah, I know, but TrollFreak logic has no bounds in some ways if you think about it :p

well idk, this is the first I've heard of a 3DS app that has an annual fee xD Yeah, I know, but TrollFreak logic has no bounds in some ways if you think about it :p

Yes, but it'll be something useful for us. Especially since it holds 3,000 pokemon o.o I'm excited. I'll be able to get all of my old pokes back. That'll be real nice.

Yes, but it'll be something useful for us. Especially since it holds 3,000 pokemon o.o I'm excited. I'll be able to get all of my old pokes back. That'll be real nice.
Yeah, definitely. And hey, for all we know the pokebank app will become a necessity in the distant future when the number of pokemon increases to the thousands :p

Yeah, definitely. And hey, for all we know the pokebank app will become a necessity in the distant future when the number of pokemon increases to the thousands :p

Omg. They would have to increase the capacity then. xD That would just be insane. Especially for those who breed and shiny hunt.

Omg. They would have to increase the capacity then. xD That would just be insane. Especially for those who breed and shiny hunt.
Well perhaps by then we can hope that technology improved and that digital storage space technologies and such is cheaper. Or, perhaps they could provide expansion options like Google does for Google Drive :p

Back