Gen 6 Poke Bank -News From Nintendo-

• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date

Are you going to use the PokeBank ?

• Total voters
What's the use of having Poke Bank unless you only want to complete the Pokedex I'm only interested in competitive battling and the 6th gen pokemon are far more stronger than the rest of the previous gens

Reactions: xXAwesomeDudeXx
What's the use of having Poke Bank unless you only want to complete the Pokedex I'm only interested in competitive battling and the 6th gen pokemon are far more stronger than the rest of the previous gens
that's not true. There are a lot of good pokemon from previous gens to draw from in addition to Gen 6. If you're only interested in competitive battling, then perhaps you'd be able to realize the sheer benefit of having Pokebank

Because people want their pokemon from the old games. And there is only 69 pokemon that are new. The rest are from old games. Also, lots of event pokemon can only be accessed from pokebank.

Btw, you saying that gen 6 pokemon are "far stronger" than the previous gens is just plain stupid. xD

I will personally use it during the free trial. It won't have any other use than transferring my old pokemons to Gen VI.
Not only for Pokedex Completion, but for Trade/Battling, and the new "Pokemon-Amie" system. (Reggie, what have you done ? Are you going to be in every Nintendo 3DS/WiiU games ?)

So, for me, it's yes and no. But I still think that's a great innovation, this system.
(But I'll have to get those badges quickly, since my good old Diamond Team is LV.100)

Also, I'll have to check, if the shinies also have the mega-evolution colors changed ! (Imagine a Shiny Charizard X, what would it give ?)

I will transfer my pokes when the trial opens. Seems like a nice feature for the pokmon games. Does anyone know when the trial opens? Thanks btw for the information.

I will transfer my pokes when the trial opens. Seems like a nice feature for the pokmon games. Does anyone know when the trial opens? Thanks btw for the information.
It says on the pokebank website. Basically download the app by January 31 and there are some instructions to get the free trial that must be followed before February 1

Wow, wow, wow. Calm down. You travelled to the future, or what ? I think that Gen VII is coming in, at least, 2 years !
But I still agree about the fact that you need to pay. I don't mind about paying, but they could have made a system to transfer directly from D/P/HG/SS, and not only from Black/White (2). It's still disgusting me that I'll have to pay at least some extra 30€ to get my so-much levelled up Pokemons into my 3DS.
damn right !!
i wish that if they do make us pay for this service
it should be able to trade in games from d/p/hg/ss
this way more people will probably buy this and use poke bank

Yes, I'm at least going to use the Poke Bank trial. I have to see if it's even worth the 5 bucks at all or is it just some gimmick.

damn right !!
i wish that if they do make us pay for this service
it should be able to trade in games from d/p/hg/ss
this way more people will probably buy this and use poke bank
the problem is that the coding for those gens are all complete and were likely only set up with Gen V in mind. They likely only thought of the idea of Pokebank in the middle of Gen V and used the Poketransfer app to function for Gen V movement into Pokebank.

the problem is that the coding for those gens are all complete and were likely only set up with Gen V in mind. They likely only thought of the idea of Pokebank in the middle of Gen V and used the Poketransfer app to function for Gen V movement into Pokebank.
well i hope that they would make future pokemon games
compatible with each other

I will personally use it during the free trial. It won't have any other use than transferring my old pokemons to Gen VI.
Not only for Pokedex Completion, but for Trade/Battling, and the new "Pokemon-Amie" system. (Reggie, what have you done ? Are you going to be in every Nintendo 3DS/WiiU games ?)

So, for me, it's yes and no. But I still think that's a great innovation, this system.
(But I'll have to get those badges quickly, since my good old Diamond Team is LV.100)

Also, I'll have to check, if the shinies also have the mega-evolution colors changed ! (Imagine a Shiny Charizard X, what would it give ?)

Actually, ya, I ill use it during my free trial but after that I do not really want to pay for Pokemon... I kind of like having my Pokemon in their own home town... :)

Anyways, I guess that I'll have no other choices... than buying Black2.
Small question about it, since it was a while that I lost the cartridge :

Do we need to beat the Elite 4 to import from previous Gen ? Or we can do it since the beginning ?

Anyways, I guess that I'll have no other choices... than buying Black2.
Small question about it, since it was a while that I lost the cartridge :

Do we need to beat the Elite 4 to import from previous Gen ? Or we can do it since the beginning ?
I would have thought you can do it from the beginning? Isn't that how it worked in other gens? Idk you'd have to check Serebii or something to find out

I would have thought you can do it from the beginning? Isn't that how it worked in other gens? Idk you'd have to check Serebii or something to find out

Yes, I'll check Serebii. But, as far as I know, in B/W 1, you had to get past the Elite 4 to import.

Yes, I'll check Serebii. But, as far as I know, in B/W 1, you had to get past the Elite 4 to import.
oh ok. Well it might make sense that it's that way if so because the game would need the National Dex to be able to register those pokemon without any problems

Yes, that's why. I would need to finish the game in less than 30 days, it can be done, but, I don't see myself doing this.

Not necessarily. You'd have until late February because you can activate the trial by January 31 and from there you have 30 days to try it out. Don't worry about it too much

I will definitely have to buy Black 2. I have set my mind how I could transfer my pokemons to X/Y without much trouble. But, because the process will be a bit long, and complex, I'll have to write it down somewhere.

I will definitely have to buy Black 2. I have set my mind how I could transfer my pokemons to X/Y without much trouble. But, because the process will be a bit long, and complex, I'll have to write it down somewhere.
ok, well best of luck on that. It's kinda too bad you wouldn't be able to transfer Genesect then (without hacking and bypassing the system somehow).

ok, well best of luck on that. It's kinda too bad you wouldn't be able to transfer Genesect then (without hacking and bypassing the system somehow).

Perhaps he will be available through Mystery Gift in X/Y.

Back