Pokemon Go Announced for Android / iOS

• Thread starter 9070
  • Start date
It came out and I actually prefer it over the 3ds one. Its much more suited for a phone game and its even more easy to use. I can play it on my phone and do a quick round or 2 and then stop, its kinda like candy crush. Its fantastic, and I am overall enjoying it a lot. There is very few ads and if there are some ads, its nintendo based! Its a nice game

Whoops, I was thinking of pokemon shuffle, my bad

I am hyperventilating with excitement because I loved Niantic's other game Ingress and I love Pokemon so what could be better than a collaboration

It will suck if u have to find a pokemon with 6 perfect ivs. It will be based on luck.

It will suck if u have to find a pokemon with 6 perfect ivs. It will be based on luck.
Will there even be IVs? But that is completely insignificant compared to the chance of it being another freemium game. Imagine, you get the app for free, you can battle and trade, you try to catch a pokemon, you check for pokeballs, 1$ IRL each:mad: If that's the case I'm going to catch Rayquaza, Mega-Evolve it and have it use Dragon Ascent on the Nintendo headquarters!:punch:

Will there even be IVs? But that is completely insignificant compared to the chance of it being another freemium game. Imagine, you get the app for free, you can battle and trade, you try to catch a pokemon, you check for pokeballs, 1$ IRL each:mad: If that's the case I'm going to catch Rayquaza, Mega-Evolve it and have it use Dragon Ascent on the Nintendo headquarters!:punch:
You have to go to the moon to get rayquaza then meet game freak to obtain the mega stone, then obtain the tutor move from me

You have to go to the moon to get rayquaza then meet game freak to obtain the mega stone, then obtain the tutor move from me
If what I said earlier is actually the case, I only have one thing to say, TOTALLY WORTH IT!

Also, to anybody excited, Serebii said that there will be a closed beta in Winter 2015 !
(However, no info about how people will get to play the beta)

The more I hear about this game, the more excited I get!! Doesn't help with the tumblr meme going around; people breaking into random places to catch Pokemon. Arceus in Vatican City anyone?
I bet this game will be the reason behind 90% of my exercise. I'll be going biking to find these Pokemon. I live in a good area for fighting people, and hopefully a good one for catching Pokemon. The one thing I'm worried about is Micro-transactions. Hopefully you just have to fight your friends to get money, and you can buy money as a supplement if you're low on cash.

Wow. This looks like its shaping up to be the most epic game I've seen in a while... I might actually have to pick up my phone again just to play this game. I wonder how far the trading and batting system goes? This looks so cool ;-;

Can't wait for this to come out it looks good. However it seems to me this was over hyped. I mean the actual game won't look the same as the trailer. In the last few seconds of the trailer it shows to screenshots, but it looks WAY different than trailer. I can't judge right now because there is no gameplay yet, hopefully it will be really good.

Also, to anybody excited, Serebii said that there will be a closed beta in Winter 2015 !
(However, no info about how people will get to play the beta)

We need to figure that out! Imma play that beta!

Just in case you don't understand what CLOSED beta means, it's a beta testing with people handpicked by the developers, meaning Nintendo will choose some people to beta test it and they will, almost certainly, be from Japan.

Just in case you don't understand what CLOSED beta means, it's a beta testing with people handpicked by the developers, meaning Nintendo will choose some people to beta test it and they will, almost certainly, be from Japan.
Sooo I got to fake a Japanese passport and get cloe to the developers in time? Let me just pack my suitcase...

Even with a passport, you need a temporary visa and the Japanese one take up to a year to get verified!:p

Even with a passport, you need a temporary visa and the Japanese one take up to a year to get verified!:p
Not if you make a JAPANESE passport. Also, Japan can't be worse than China, and they only took 6 weeks.

I've been to Japan 3 times, each required 4 months of waiting when I was also using my connections to speed up the procces:mad:For the US it took just 20 days!

I've been to Japan 3 times, each required 4 months of waiting when I was also using my connections to speed up the procces:mad:For the US it took just 20 days!
Wow. Well, perhaps I should just wait for the big release then. :p

Good call, you can do just that...or wait for a leak:p

Reactions: PersonSP
Well, we're speaking about Android and iOS, so, it would be a matter of time until an Android Package gets leaked (APK for those who don't know). As for iOS, I don't know how the thing works...

In any case, the only way they could secure the game would be a IP/MAC whitelist + Internet connection. But considering what has been teased, I doubt they'll put up such a system.

However, that would sound fun to be able to play the beta :D !

aAp4dw0_700b_v1.jpg

Reactions: D4rkDragon and Tho
Back