Pokemon Go Announced for Android / iOS

• Thread starter 9070
  • Start date
I don't even wanna think about where Giratina will be!

My friend and I have talked about some areas certain pokemon can be.
Dialga and Celebi could be in Big Ben. Celebi could just be roaming around, and Dialga could be at the very top.
Articuno in the Himalayas and similar, Zapdos in power plants, Moltres at volcanoes
Mewtwo could be in Area 51, and could have Genesect with him.
Kyogre in trenches, Groudon inside volcanoes. Rayquaza and Deoxys in space or the ISS (International Space Station)
Arceus in the Vatican. That'd be cool.

Dialga and Celebi could be in Big Ben. Celebi could just be roaming around, and Dialga could be at the very top.
Articuno in the Himalayas and similar, Zapdos in power plants, Moltres at volcanoes
Kyogre in trenches, Groudon inside volcanoes. Rayquaza and Deoxys in space or the ISS (International Space Station)
You do understand that if you have to go abroad just to get a Pokemon, it will be an instant fail, right? But if that's the case, I'm still good. Hoenn is based on Japan and Greece, and well, I'm in Greece. Meteor Falls and the entire mountain areas, as well as the sea region around Sootopolis and Pacifidlog (sky pillar) are all based on Greece, so I get Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza! Not bad, not bad at all!

I don't even wanna think about where Giratina will be!
Well, I can get into the Vatican and battle the pope for Arceus, I'm okay with that, I'd even go into active volcanoes for Groudon (as long as he's not in the crater) but Area 51 and ISS would be troublesome. Let alone going to an alternative universe for Giratina. XD Though I think it would be awesome to have the legendaries hide out at big famous places that suit them I don't think it's a very good idea to include places like Area 51. Imagine people walking about there and when soldiers come to shoo them they are like "But I still need to catch Mewtwo!" I can't imagine the US army would like that very much. (To me it seems hilarious) So maybe we should think a bit smaller. Deoxys and Rayquaza could be at a space museum, Arceus at the Notre Dame (still famous, still a church but less bugging the pope) or Articuno and his fellas at Avifauna.

Well, I can get into the Vatican and battle the pope for Arceus, I'm okay with that, I'd even go into active volcanoes for Groudon (as long as he's not in the crater) but Area 51 and ISS would be troublesome. Let alone going to an alternative universe for Giratina. XD Though I think it would be awesome to have the legendaries hide out at big famous places that suit them I don't think it's a very good idea to include places like Area 51. Imagine people walking about there and when soldiers come to shoo them they are like "But I still need to catch Mewtwo!" I can't imagine the US army would like that very much. (To me it seems hilarious) So maybe we should think a bit smaller. Deoxys and Rayquaza could be at a space museum, Arceus at the Notre Dame (still famous, still a church but less bugging the pope) or Articuno and his fellas at Avifauna.
Me: I want to catch mewtwo!
Soldier: You have to beat me to pass! Battle!:p

You know this project is quite interesting, I would like that the Pokémon you will find will be related to the real life enviroment, for example if I'm on a mountain I can find a Geodude or Tentacool if I'm at the seaside, I would that pokèmon are related to the time for example I would like to find Noctowl during the night, it would be good if you could transfer the Pokémon caught on Pokèmon go into the main seires games but I there won't be expensive in-game purchases, so this project looks quite cool for now.

Well, I suppose I could still try to find Xerneas and Yvetal, and catch them a few times to get the other legendaries (if there's a GTS like system), since Kalos is based off France... :rotfl: Oh wait, I bet everybody would go to France just for the sake of getting them :eek:

Otherwise, they could still do like in the game, and insert roaming legendaries. Imagine getting the Legendary Dogs or Latios/Latias randomly while going to school or getting back home.

Well, I suppose I could still try to find Xerneas and Yvetal, and catch them a few times to get the other legendaries (if there's a GTS like system), since Kalos is based off France... :rotfl: Oh wait, I bet everybody would go to France just for the sake of getting them :eek:

Otherwise, they could still do like in the game, and insert roaming legendaries. Imagine getting the Legendary Dogs or Latios/Latias randomly while going to school or getting back home.
That sounds like fun! I think most legendaries will be events though.

I wouldn't mind having to travel for legendaries, that would make them much more special (so the game wouldn't get flooded with them) and to me it would be even more fun. It's like a big treasure hunt all over the planet! Of course that only sounds fun if you like travelling (like me) and actually got time and money to do so. (A little less, but that wouldn't stop me!) Imagine meeting up with people who went on a journey around the world to catch the legendaries, and then you can travel together.... It can't get much more pokémon in real life.

Reactions: D4rkDragon
That sounds like fun! I think most legendaries will be events though.

I wouldn't mind having to travel for legendaries, that would make them much more special (so the game wouldn't get flooded with them) and to me it would be even more fun. It's like a big treasure hunt all over the planet! Of course that only sounds fun if you like travelling (like me) and actually got time and money to do so. (A little less, but that wouldn't stop me!) Imagine meeting up with people who went on a journey around the world to catch the legendaries, and then you can travel together.... It can't get much more pokémon in real life.
First of all, traveling abroad doesn't only need money and time. For most countries you also need VISAs, official papers and so on. These can take MONTHS if not years to get approved. Also, you assume that everyone who traveled to get the legendaries is good person, you couldn't be more wrong!

First of all, traveling abroad doesn't only need money and time. For most countries you also need VISAs, official papers and so on. These can take MONTHS if not years to get approved. Also, you assume that everyone who traveled to get the legendaries is good person, you couldn't be more wrong!
Not every country is like Japan. I can travel anywhere in the EU (you too), most countries bordering the EU don't require a Visa (sometimes they want to stamp your passport which takes up to 2 hours if you have bad luck), USA and Canada don't wait too long once you've been registered (fingerprints) but with some proper planning I don't see the problem. So far I've been to 30 countries in the 17 years of my life (seen most multiple times) and that wouldn't be possible if each required lengthy Visa trouble. Travelling is also just going. If you really want to go somewhere just go. (And yes I know, people would just hack them into their games, but that's cheating) Plus, I assume they wouldn't hide a Pokémon in North Korea :p

Not every country is like Japan. I can travel anywhere in the EU (you too), most countries bordering the EU don't require a Visa (sometimes they want to stamp your passport which takes up to 2 hours if you have bad luck), USA and Canada don't wait too long once you've been registered (fingerprints) but with some proper planning I don't see the problem. So far I've been to 30 countries in the 17 years of my life (seen most multiple times) and that wouldn't be possible if each required lengthy Visa trouble. Travelling is also just going. If you really want to go somewhere just go. (And yes I know, people would just hack them into their games, but that's cheating) Plus, I assume they wouldn't hide a Pokémon in North Korea :p
First of all, neither you or I can travel to any EU country without VISA, ONLY the ones in the Schengen Zone! Secondly, I am currently planning to go to California for X-mas holiday, but my VISA application has been rejected 4 times already (plus every time I had to pay 200 euros to apply:mad:)! I don't know how you did it, but I doubt it's THAT easy to travel abroad, you were just lucky, real lucky. Also, think about all those who aren't from Europe, for example Americans, who need official papers not only to go, but to return back to the US too!

Heh, as stupid as it would sound, I doubt the game's creators would let people hack that easily into the game's saves. Probably, it would be server-based à la Puzzle & Dragons (Save updated with each connection, but not continuously. On a regular basis, so, it wouldn't ruin data plans).

But still, as far as I'd like travelling, my biggest problem would be money (travels are so damn expensive...) and as @Tho said, VISAs. But, 30 countries ? That's madness.

First of all, neither you or I can travel to any EU country without VISA, ONLY the ones in the Schengen Zone! Secondly, I am currently planning to go to California for X-mas holiday, but my VISA application has been rejected 4 times already (plus every time I had to pay 200 euros to apply:mad:)! I don't know how you did it, but I doubt it's THAT easy to travel abroad, you were just lucky, real lucky. Also, think about all those who aren't from Europe, for example Americans, who need official papers not only to go, but to return back to the US too!
Yeah, perhaps I'm lucky. Then again, not to sound annoying, they might reject your Visa request because you're from Greece, and in current times... And the USA is a tiny wee bit paranoid. I got approved right at the first request, and the same happened the second time I went to the USA. They did want my fingerprints though? Weird stuff. But that's just American. I surely hope your application will get through!

Heh, as stupid as it would sound, I doubt the game's creators would let people hack that easily into the game's saves. Probably, it would be server-based à la Puzzle & Dragons (Save updated with each connection, but not continuously. On a regular basis, so, it wouldn't ruin data plans).

But still, as far as I'd like travelling, my biggest problem would be money (travels are so damn expensive...) and as @Tho said, VISAs. But, 30 countries ? That's madness.
And I already have another one planned for this summer :D My parents both love travelling so I have seen al surrounding countries already. If you plan well before you go (over a year if possible) and get B&Bs and campings instead of hotels most places in Europe aren't all that expensive. In particular Southern Europe. And that part also got the best food. :p

Yeah, perhaps I'm lucky. Then again, not to sound annoying, they might reject your Visa request because you're from Greece, and in current times... And the USA is a tiny wee bit paranoid. I got approved right at the first request, and the same happened the second time I went to the USA. They did want my fingerprints though? Weird stuff. But that's just American. I surely hope your application will get through!

And I already have another one planned for this summer :D My parents both love travelling so I have seen al surrounding countries already. If you plan well before you go (over a year if possible) and get B&Bs and campings instead of hotels most places in Europe aren't all that expensive. In particular Southern Europe. And that part also got the best food. :p

Well, if you happen to drop by France, tell me ! (PS: Stopping here, I'm going off-topic !!!)

Reactions: PersonSP
Well, if you happen to drop by France, tell me ! (PS: Stopping here, I'm going off-topic !!!)
Dropped by France a few weeks back :p But if I decide to go on a quest for Xerneas/Yveltal in France we can travel together!

Dropped by France a few weeks back :p But if I decide to go on a quest for Xerneas/Yveltal in France we can travel together!
If you want any Hoenn ones, come to me!

Reactions: PersonSP
I'll probably be able to catch the Unova pokemon, I'm close enough to NY...

image.jpg image.jpg Im kinda worried... Like imagine this... You see a kid all beat up... He's all messed up and bloody. Teachers asks him," what happened timmy?" Timmy replies,"I got jumped over an eevee..

It looks pretty cool and I can't wait for it to come out.

It is an interesting topic and interesting concept, how ever. . it is not going to be full augmented reality. From what I gather from the video (it shows a screen on a phone near the end with a charizard->see screen capture) it looks like it generates a landscape like what is around you but not as if it is real augmented reality as in you see the through the "lens" of your phone camera. Therefore I do not think it should be advertised as augmented reality as it technically is not showing your souroundings with the pokemon in it, but hey, that may change as the product develops. I think if they get this right, it will either lead to a lot of kids getting outside more and more tourism world wide (just to catch pokemon) but if it does not do that... it will link your credit card and if you lose to another trainer half your money foes to them (I K33d I K33d , its just a joke )

Attachments

• pkgo.png
    pkgo.png
    520.7 KB · Views: 1
Back