Post your favourite bands/artists

• Thread starter 18
  • Start date
Most of the music I like is punk/post-punk/new wave, but I do like some other stuff, too. Some of my favourite bands are;

The Stranglers
Misfits
The Damned
Oingo Boingo
The Doors
Bad Religion
The Ramones
Social Distortion
Calabrese

Here's my Last.fm profile if anyone else has one and wants to add me, or just look at the rest of the music I listen to - http://www.last.fm/user/Ollydv
Ramones, yay! :) Bonzo Goes To Bitburg is my favourite Ramones song.

THREE DAYS GRACE! They're the best :p Well, Adam Gontier is! (they're EX lead singer,now he's on a solo tour) check them out!

Ramones, yay! :) Bonzo Goes To Bitburg is my favourite Ramones song.
That's a good one :) I'm not sure if I can pick a favourite, maybe Pet Sematary though, love that song.

Avenged Sevenfold is amazing. Al their songs are really catchy, well written, and believe it or not, theyre not do harcore. I also like Rise Against. Theyre an amazing band too for basically the same reasons. I like Snow Patrol, Muse, all the 80s and 90s rock and alternative bands. I like the song Jak Aniola Glos by Feel. Its a Polish song and its amazing. Really romantic too (; but i like that kinda stuff cuz im a sap

Ok, ok. Its not Justin Bieber.I hate how all those little girls like that pipsqueak.
I don't have a top ten just one favorite artist, tell me your honest opinions (I bet 100% of it is bad comments)

My fave artist is Nicki Minaj ( :bag::oops:). She has some really good songs but people just listen to the favorite ones like Starships or SuperBass. She is from Trinidad and has an amazing life story. She behaves kinda crack head but I still like her, and my playlist is full with her music, she doesn't all the time rap,she sings a lot also.

Please don't thump me or anything, when I tell people this is my favorite artist, they are like :wtf: and :eek:,and tell me I have bad taste in songs.I kinda like rock songs, like Black Veil Brides,Linkin Park etc
COME ON MAN, Nicki Minaj has the most annoying voice ive ever heard in my hold entire life! I mean she just raps about crappy things and she seriously has the worst voice. I cant friggin stand her, but I guess everyone is different. Oh haha that reminds me of that one video by Nigahiga. Ill put the link. Skip to 1:20 or watch the whole thing, its really funny

Last edited by a moderator:
Avenged Sevenfold is amazing. Al their songs are really catchy, well written, and believe it or not, theyre not do harcore.
I agree with you up to when they did metalcore; Waking the Fallen is an excellent album :D After they abandoned their metalcore sound I liked them a little less, but they're still one of the better recently formed bands.

Uh... that's great... I guess...
Yeah, I hate One Direction. Actually, in my opinion there's not a single good band that was formed after 2000, except maybe Art Brut.
Imagine Dragons? They have some pretty good songs, and they're full of energy live. I kinda like them :)

Van Halen, Judas Priest, Guns'N'Roses, Iron Maiden, Quiet Riot, Rage Against The Machine, Poison, Rush, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, KISS, Metallica, Nirvana, The Police... and some others like Oasis, 30 Seconds to Mars, The Ramones, Santana, ABBA, Toto.

hmm, my playlist is vary :rolleyes:
for bands, I like :
  • Linkin Park
  • Simple Plan
  • Paramore
  • Avenged Sevenfold
  • Angels and Airwaves (Its the vocal from Blink)
  • Blink 182
  • All Time Low
  • The All American Rejects
  • Coldplay
  • Greenday
  • Westlife (LOL, their songs is still good to hear even now :oops:)
  • 30 Second To Mars
  • The Script
  • Lifehouse
  • Five For Fighting (100 Year is sooo touching :oops:)
For artist :
  • Taylor Swift
  • Avril Lavigne
  • Ronan Keating
  • Idina Menzel (Im falling in love with her since her "Let It Go" for Disney Frozen:p)

1. Vampire Weekend
2. Born Ruffians
3. Modest Mouse
4. Franz Ferdinand
5. Matt and Kim

Woooo. I have weird taste in music, says everyone I've ever met.

Reactions: 18
1. Vampire Weekend
2. Born Ruffians
3. Modest Mouse
4. Franz Ferdinand
5. Matt and Kim

Woooo. I have weird taste in music, says everyone I've ever met.
I sympathize. People can't get over the fact that I don't like Chris Brown and Lady Gaga and all that. But we'll all float on :p Yus, I think Modest Mouse is pretty good.

Reactions: BjFauble
My favorite bands are
The Offspring
Godsmack
Disturbed
Slipknot
Stone Sour
Tool
Avenged Sevenfold
Papa Roach
And the bands that did the punk version of call me maybe and you belong to me.

I like Michael Franks, the beatles, the bee gees and owl city

Reactions: Moon Rain
I like Michael Franks, the beatles, the bee gees and owl city
I was a fan of Owl City, but when the Midsummer Station came, I was really disapointed. I don't like his new songs, they're just not really Adam Young-like, and I have the feeling that since he has a record contract he isn't himself anymore. I really miss the 'old' Owl City :(. He had such an unique style, and I always liked it because it had something magical. One positive thing though is that he released his old Sky Sailing songs :) I especially love Brielle! ^_^

Ok, ok. Its not Justin Bieber.I hate how all those little girls like that pipsqueak.
I don't have a top ten just one favorite artist, tell me your honest opinions (I bet 100% of it is bad comments)

My fave artist is Nicki Minaj ( :bag::oops:). She has some really good songs but people just listen to the favorite ones like Starships or SuperBass. She is from Trinidad and has an amazing life story. She behaves kinda crack head but I still like her, and my playlist is full with her music, she doesn't all the time rap,she sings a lot also.

Please don't thump me or anything, when I tell people this is my favorite artist, they are like :wtf: and :eek:,and tell me I have bad taste in songs.I kinda like rock songs, like Black Veil Brides,Linkin Park etc
i like nick minaj :p many people do in fact :p
she's not in my top 10 but she's in top 20 :p i like some of her songs not all :p lol to tell you the truth when i was little maybe 9/10 or something i loved super base and star ships :p and i would listen to it every time i walked my dog :p

really i don't actually care about artists - i just like some songs - theres never a band or artist that i like every song they have :p but i like rock , jazz , pop and some random songs - ill just put the artists of my favorite songs :p

1. The script
  2. guy Sebastian
  3. fall out boys
  4. We the kings
  5. my chemical romance
  6. one republic
  7. oasis
  8. the killers
  9. of monsters and men
  10. train (not so much anymore )

1. Kraanium
2.Vulvectomy
3. Slpiknot
4. Cannibal Corpse
5.MGK
6. Holywood Undead
7. Kid Rock
8. T-Pain
9. Lil Jon
10. Big Sean

I love linkin park and crush 40 :D

I love linkin park and crush 40 :D
Favorite song from Crush 40?
(Open your Hearth for me)

Live and Learn :D

Favorite band is Coldplay for me! :D They're new album is alright, but nothing compared to their previous work. Hopefully the next one is better.

Reactions: Moon Rain
Bands;

Ordinary Boys
Fun.

Artists:

Tinie Tempah
Labrinth
Rizzle Kicks
Katy Perry
Lorde
Justin T
T.I