Potential online play rules? (Fates)

• Thread starter 3391
  • Start date

Aspiring Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
I want your opinion on how online play should work (at least here on pedia) so we can avoid hacked skills and not have OP characters.

My initial thoughts were:

-You can only use skills obtainable within one play through.
Three children couldn't have Aptitude since Mozu can only marry once. (note: this applys for adult characters too)

-All skills have to be obtainable from normal gameplay (No aptitude Corrin :p)

-If the tournament holder wishes to check if your skills are legit you must provide a my castle address so s/he can recruit and check your character.

-You cannot buy a character for use in tournaments, you must obtain them through your play through.

As for handicap and limit stats that's up to the tournament holder, and of course they can change the rules for their tournament, this is just an idea of mine, what do you guys think? Should any skill be allowed? No matter how many play throughs you'd need, as long as they aren't hacked? Should amiibos class skills not be allowed?

I disagree.

The rules can be incredibly simple while still restricting.

I can provide a class and skill pool of all characters.

By class pool I mean all the classes a specific character can be by taking into account their base class and secundary class, plus the classes they can have available by A+ Supports and S Supports.

By skill pool I mean all the skills a specific character can attain taking into account their class pool, since all classes teach respective skills, and personal skills cannot be modified.

To keep it short, by knowing which classes a character has available we know which skills the character has available, and cheaters can be found easily.

Also, Aptitude is useless on online battles, it's only use is on grinding for level ups. Simply feeding a character a bunch of stat-ups yields the same, or better results, and even then, every class has it's stat caps, which is how high a stat can grow to on that class, and it is further modified by each character's personal stat cap modifiers, none of these can be modified by cheating, ever.

For balance reasons, we might also ban DLC classes.

I disagree.

The rules can be incredibly simple while still restricting.

I can provide a class and skill pool of all characters.

By class pool I mean all the classes a specific character can be by taking into account their base class and secundary class, plus the classes they can have available by A+ Supports and S Supports.

By skill pool I mean all the skills a specific character can attain taking into account their class pool, since all classes teach respective skills, and personal skills cannot be modified.

To keep it short, by knowing which classes a character has available we know which skills the character has available, and cheaters can be found easily.

Also, Aptitude is useless on online battles, it's only use is on grinding for level ups. Simply feeding a character a bunch of stat-ups yields the same, or better results, and even then, every class has it's stat caps, which is how high a stat can grow to on that class, and it is further modified by each character's personal stat cap modifiers, none of these can be modified by cheating, ever.

For balance reasons, we might also ban DLC classes.
Do you think having ALL skills a character can obtain could still be fair?

Technically all characters can get most every skill from Corrin. Everyone could have weaponfaire skills, weapon break skills. Corrin, through multiple play through (or maybe even one) could get all weapon break skills as well as any of his/her wifes/husbands.

Do you think we should limit the amount of weapon breaker skills we can have on one character?

No, characters cannot gain classes from Corrin unless they marry him/her, and even then only the one you chose as Corrin's secundary class.

Everyone should be able to mix and match all their skills freely, so long as the skills CAN be gained the legal way, through reclassing, that is what makes each character unique, limiting how many x type skills x character can use only serves to limit imagination and strategies, every character can have a massive amount of skills.

What really must be banned are DLC classes and their skills, since they are a) outside the character's natural class pool and b) they are unbalanced compared to regular classes.

So, in short, all characters should be allowed to mix and match with all their possible skills on their pool, as long as they are skills the character can actually get by reclassing, so no hacked skills, and DLC classes should be banned.

No, characters cannot gain classes from Corrin unless they marry him/her, and even then only the one you chose as Corrin's secundary class.

Everyone should be able to mix and match all their skills freely, so long as the skills CAN be gained the legal way, through reclassing, that is what makes each character unique, limiting how many x type skills x character can use only serves to limit imagination and strategies, every character can have a massive amount of skills.

What really must be banned are DLC classes and their skills, since they are a) outside the character's natural class pool and b) they are unbalanced compared to regular classes.

So, in short, all characters should be allowed to mix and match with all their possible skills on their pool, as long as they are skills the character can actually get by reclassing, so no hacked skills, and DLC classes should be banned.
All their skills include marrying Corrin though :p

Do you agree that they have to be obtainable in one play through our do you think its OK if you'd need multiple play through to get a mix of skill on them? (Like flora getting vantage and shurikenfaire from Corrin being samurai in one play through and ninja in another)

Hmmm, point taken, we should exclude Corrin then.

Hmmm, point taken, we should exclude Corrin then.
No Corrin's online? Or no Corrin marriage skills?

No Corrin's marriage skills :p they do make almost all other marriages unnecesary

No Corrin's marriage skills :p they do make almost all other marriages unnecesary
This is why I'm recommending skills you get in one play through, your marriage candidate is still important and it adds to the unpredictableness.

Oh, what the heck, I'll make a thread explaining everything xD

Oh, what the heck, I'll make a thread explaining everything xD
That's not the problem xD

I understand where you're coming from, but I think it's

(A) Harder to get into if you need multiple datas for optimal skills (plus multiple data's let you break your class limit, especially in Revelations)
And
(B) your Corrin's marriage and kana can still have use, it won't just be null and void.

Mmmm..... But i want to promote unpredictability and also see different skill combinations while keeping them in the characters class pool, excluding those gotten from Corrin...

Maybe we can tweak it? I'll make a list with all the character's possible skills and classes including: primary class, secondary class, classes attained from Friendship seals and classes attained from Partner seals, and people can buy skills and use any they want, so long as they are within these parameters, it will also not take many playthroughs at all

Mmmm..... But i want to promote unpredictability and also see different skill combinations while keeping them in the characters class pool, excluding those gotten from Corrin...

Maybe we can tweak it? I'll make a list with all the character's possible skills and classes including: primary class, secondary class, classes attained from Friendship seals and classes attained from Partner seals, and people can buy skills and use any they want, so long as they are within these parameters, it will also not take many playthroughs at all
That's fine with me, should we still limit skills from Corrin though?

That's fine with me, should we still limit skills from Corrin though?
Naturally, yes :p

Naturally, yes :p
Do you think it'd be better to limit the amount of breaker skills or just skills obtained from corrin? Like 2 or something? xP

Should he be banned too?

Nah, just skills obtained from Corrin, weaponbreaker skills can be bypassed a number of ways even if you have all of them, and there are many disadvantages that come with them, specializing in them will make you lose more defensive and offensive skills, so if you get hit you'll get nothing to mitigate damage/counter with a trigger skill.

Corrin shouldn't be banned cuz having lots of classes and skills is part of the character of course. Neither should Kana

Oh, another thing, logbook units must be banned, it's nice to have one Corrin, but having 5 Corrins at once in a stage is ridiculous >.<

So, so far we have:
-DLC classes and skills banned
-Logbook units banned
-Characters may use any class and skill they can attain from Master, Heart, Friendship and Partner Seals, excluding those from Corrin

Nah, just skills obtained from Corrin, weaponbreaker skills can be bypassed a number of ways even if you have all of them, and there are many disadvantages that come with them, specializing in them will make you lose more defensive and offensive skills, so if you get hit you'll get nothing to mitigate damage/counter with a trigger skill.

Corrin shouldn't be banned cuz having lots of classes and skills is part of the character of course. Neither should Kana

Oh, another thing, logbook units must be banned, it's nice to have one Corrin, but having 5 Corrins at once in a stage is ridiculous >.<

So, so far we have:
-DLC classes and skills banned
-Logbook units banned
-Characters may use any class and skill they can attain from Master, Heart, Friendship and Partner Seals, excluding those from Corrin
I'm still iffy about not allowing ANY corrin skills. Maybe 1 or 2? For one unit only?

Why? If you check the wiki, you'll see that almost all characters get a massive amount of classes, Corrin is almost nothing special, excluding his unique class and the boon and bane.

Why? If you check the wiki, you'll see that almost all characters get a massive amount of classes, Corrin is almost nothing special, excluding his unique class and the boon and bane.
I guess, but shouldn't your marriage candidate choice matter? >.>

Partner seals :p

I'm taking into account all S Supports save Corrin and all A+ Supports.

Back