Potential online play rules? (Fates)

• Thread starter 3391
  • Start date
Partner seals :p

I'm taking into account all S Supports save Corrin and all A+ Supports.
Thst doesn't answer my question, If I chose Azura or felicia shouldn't they get a little boost, that adds more to it imo.

I dunno :/ it would just make forming a proper list of class and skills more of a hassle, since we'd have to take in account more posibilities, and would thus turn all of Corrin's S Supports into clones of each other classwise.

Remember that it's not just balance, but also anti cheating, since that would kill any official event based on the game >.<

I dunno :/ it would just make forming a proper list of class and skills more of a hassle, since we'd have to take in account more posibilities, and would thus turn all of Corrin's S Supports into clones of each other classwise.

Remember that it's not just balance, but also anti cheating, since that would kill any official event based on the game >.<
I think variety is better though :p Just 2 skills from Corrin if he's your husbando/waifu :3

In a skill list you can just add a note saying that you're excluding corrin skills.

I think variety is better though :p Just 2 skills from Corrin if he's your husbando/waifu :3

In a skill list you can just add a note saying that you're excluding corrin skills.
...You're planning something aren't ya :p?

Really, allowing Corrin's skills would just unbalance everything even further >.< i mean, in this game characters can have more base classes than Awwkening's total classes, adding in Corrin would turn everyone into clones, confuse people when trying to detect cheaters, and nerf Corrin's same-sex pals

...You're planning something aren't ya :p?

Really, allowing Corrin's skills would just unbalance everything even further >.< i mean, in this game characters can have more base classes than Awwkening's total classes, adding in Corrin would turn everyone into clones, confuse people when trying to detect cheaters, and nerf Corrin's same-sex pals
That's why I'm saying one or two skills tho. It won't be too op and if they don't appear on your skill list they're from Koreen, if two characters have odd skills then they cheated. If one character has 3 odd skills they cheated.

Can't his pals use the partner seal too :p

No one can achieve A+ Support with Corrin :p

I still think it's unnecessary ;-;

I know, we could leave marriage skills up for the tournament host

No one can achieve A+ Support with Corrin :p

I still think it's unnecessary ;-;

I know, we could leave marriage skills up for the tournament host
I don't wanna >>>>

That's fine i guess, but I think you're not being lenient enough, one or 2 skills would change it up just enough to not be op, but to each their own I assume.

ONE character for one gender depending on your gender choice would be slightly better. I don't see the problem

Ah whatever :p let's let the competition's host decide xD

I need to get some sleep, cya o/

Ah whatever :p let's let the competition's host decide xD

I need to get some sleep, cya o/
Alright, we got some ground rules down. I'll make a new thread detailing them and maybe they can be the official pedia rules :p

Alright, we got some ground rules down. I'll make a new thread detailing them and maybe they can be the official pedia rules :p
Yeah :p progress \o/

Should amiibo peeps be banned?

Should amiibo peeps be banned?
I don't think they should, there's really nothing wrong with them.

They would be the only "loophole" to the "no dlc classes or skills" rule, because sincr they start with the classes it's fair play.

They can only use their class's skills since they have no reclass options and cannot support anybody though.

I don't think they should, there's really nothing wrong with them.

They would be the only "loophole" to the "no dlc classes or skills" rule, because sincr they start with the classes it's fair play.

They can only use their class's skills since they have no reclass options and cannot support anybody though.
I assume their seals would be banned?

Their seals, the ones that allow you to change into their classes, are banned, since these are the DLC classes :p

Reactions: 3391
Well, I got to thinking, maybe keeping track of and moderating what skills a unit can have on different situations would be complex and annoying. Moreso in Fates than Awakening, since every character can potentially learn all skills except exclusives.

So, to keep things simple, clean and more importantly, balanced, I'd say we should limit the scope of learnable skills and available classes to only those available by Heart Seals ("by personality")

My reasoning for this is:
-These are classes characters will ALWAYS and even with multiple playthroughs, the list of possible skills won't change.

-It prevents peeps from running the "all weaponbreaker" builds so many peeps fear :p

-It will help narrow the gap between new players and veterans.

It also adds a bit of "canon" flavor to characters xD but, anyway, this way, almost all characters are balanced nicely in terms of available skills and classes, except for Corrin and Kana.

What should we do with them? Banning them would be a bit harsh >.< imo, since Corrin is meant to be the player's cornerstone AND he's the only one who, under this rule, can gain different class sets by different playthroughs, I say they are the only ones who should be allowed to use any legal skill, because they CAN get those from Heart Seals.

Opinion?

I agree with every part other then the fact of the skills, skills are obtained by work and effort and it'd be unfair to ruin all that work. If this is a strategy game then shouldn't you try to find a way around that?

Nice points though.

My main point on putting that rule up, is to limit what each character can actually dish out, since they could otherwise strike out with a team full of invulnerable tanks that regenerate more than what they actually lose, or a full team of nigh unhittable (according to pacey :p) weaponbreaker units

My main point on putting that rule up, is to limit what each character can actually dish out, since they could otherwise strike out with a team full of invulnerable tanks that regenerate more than what they actually lose, or a full team of nigh unhittable (according to pacey :p) weaponbreaker units
For people who haven't found the time to grind support or didn't want stone users it's pretty rough sometimes.

I don't want to see Selkie, Veloria, Kaden and Keatons on every team. (or Kana)
Well, I got to thinking, maybe keeping track of and moderating what skills a unit can have on different situations would be complex and annoying. Moreso in Fates than Awakening, since every character can potentially learn all skills except exclusives.

So, to keep things simple, clean and more importantly, balanced, I'd say we should limit the scope of learnable skills and available classes to only those available by Heart Seals ("by personality")

My reasoning for this is:
-These are classes characters will ALWAYS and even with multiple playthroughs, the list of possible skills won't change.

-It prevents peeps from running the "all weaponbreaker" builds so many peeps fear :p

-It will help narrow the gap between new players and veterans.

It also adds a bit of "canon" flavor to characters xD but, anyway, this way, almost all characters are balanced nicely in terms of available skills and classes, except for Corrin and Kana.

What should we do with them? Banning them would be a bit harsh >.< imo, since Corrin is meant to be the player's cornerstone AND he's the only one who, under this rule, can gain different class sets by different playthroughs, I say they are the only ones who should be allowed to use any legal skill, because they CAN get those from Heart Seals.

Opinion?
I still think it'd be better to allow partner seal skills too (from one playthrough) but if it's too hard to tell if their units are legal then that's a good middle ground.

As for the avatar and Kana I say either ban them or allow only one of them.

For people who haven't found the time to grind support or didn't want stone users it's pretty rough sometimes.

I don't want to see Selkie, Veloria, Kaden and Keatons on every team. (or Kana)

I still think it'd be better to allow partner seal skills too (from one playthrough) but if it's too hard to tell if their units are legal then that's a good middle ground.

As for the avatar and Kana I say either ban them or allow only one of them.
Sure, either Corrin or Kana on a team.

As for checking whether they're legit or not, we'd have to check every fight to see who the character is married to, then bring up a wiki or a excruciatingly annoying to make guide just to check that, it's not worth it imo

Sure, either Corrin or Kana on a team.

As for checking whether they're legit or not, we'd have to check every fight to see who the character is married to, then bring up a wiki or a excruciatingly annoying to make guide just to check that, it's not worth it imo
Why do we need a guide?

And I know it's a bit of a pain but I'd like your marriage candidate to do something, and not have everyone be clones of eachother, it's too limiting.

Back