Spin Off Red vs Ash who would win?

• Thread starter drakor
  • Start date
I think Red would win :p because he is obviously a better trainer and more serious. Plus Ash is a good person but not necessairly the best trainer. Red is nice(not mean) as well but is better in battling

I think that my choice would go for Red because he is simply more of a competitive trainer and he's done alot more things than Ash to prove that he is the best . Ash is nice , but I don't think that he is that strong , considering his team and all :p so my choice goes for Red :D

Red would dominate ash because ash only has a Pikachu and some random pokemon he has gotten through the anime season and since red has a pikachu, all fully evolved Kanto sarters, Aerodactyl, and Gyrrados, Red would win.

Are you guys kidding me? Yes Red may have not traveled to as many regions as Ash but lets admit his 6 Pokemon he battles with constantly all the time have a really good bond with him and they did not lose to a level 5 snivy >.>

Ok, Red would destroy Ash so fast it is not even funny. Like seriously Ash's pickachu has to be lvl 100 and he lost to a lvl 5 snivy.

if you ask me red pickachu will destroy ash whole team in min

Red will win in 2 seconds (battle's over before popcorn's ready :p) though ash's pikachu is cute, it is Fully UNtrained. red defeated Mewtwo with his charizard and ash has trouble battling normal pokemon.

In the games, Red battles gym leaders and defeats them SO easily whereas ash has got trouble hitting them

Red actually achieved lots of great things (though it depends on the player ;p )
ash might have experience but he loses from time to time even in the show.

To be honest I think red would win. He does a good job of traing his Pokemon and they do stay at their level but he hasn't traveled to different regions like ash. I think Ash has more experience with the different Pokemon in different regions. Some people say that Ash's Pikachu is red's Pikachu that was left for ash when red became the champion of the Kanto region.

Clearly, Red would win if they battled. He knows way more about battling than Ash, who by the way, has a Pikachu who lost to not only a low-level Snivy, but also a Panpour it clearly had an advantage over. True, it has used Volt Tackle a good deal and it has beaten two Legendary Pokemon, but it's still not enough.

Red. He's been up in Mt. Silver training, and his pokemon have most likely become level 100 a long time ago. Ash hasn't kept any of his pokemon with him when he starts a new journey, with the Johto League being the exception, so at most his pokemon would be level 50-60. maybe a 70.

Then there's Pikachu's problem, who somehow gets his level reset every time Ash enters a new region. In the BW anime, Pikachu was kinda drained of his electric power, but then he still went down to a leaf storm to a level 5 snivy, and even when he got his power back, either he wasn't back at full strength, or he really just reset again.

And I doubt Ash even trains as hard as Red. Red trains in a mountain and practically lives there, while Ash mostly trains only up to the point where he can beat only his current challenge, and not at all for the next.

Red has also proven his worth as a trainer multiple times, while Ash couldn't even beat Agatha's Gengar.

To tell the truth, Ash looks like he does it more for the journey, and not to win. Which is why he can never beat Red.

And that's all the reasons I have right now of how Red trumps Ash.

You all say Ash is the worse, but unlike Red, Ash has gone through more regions and therefore beaten more gym leaders and more people in general than Red. I think your all just paying attention to the orginal season and not even giving nods to other seasons (i'm talking about A.G and above)

I wonder why everyone keeps picking on Pikachu, remember that Zekrom or at least I think it was Zekrom absorbed all the electric type moves power and Pikachu and other electric types couldn't use their moves. I mean sure Pikachu had Quick Attack and Iron Tail but Ash didn't think to use those so it's not just Pikachu.

Anyway I think Red would win, because he is better at type match ups than Ash and his Pokémon are stronger, not to mention for some reason most of Ashs' Pokémon aren't in their last stages despite how much they battle (with the exception of Pikachu, Snorlax, Charizard).

Reds' Pokémon also believe in him and fight just as hard as Ashs' but they just seem stronger. Not to mention Red did more in one region than Ash had ever done. Sure he traveled many regions but just because he does that doesn't mean he's any good (and plus the other regions weren't there when Red and Blue came out). Also Red had legendary Pokémon on his team...Ash saw many legends and caught none of them.

And Reds' Pikachu might be stronger.

Ash would win because he cheats by breaking the laws of physics in battles. Electric hitting ground types. Psychic hitting dark.
A cheater always wins. Except in relationships.

Ash wins. While both have a Pikachu ashs is so overpowered it beats pseudo legends and legends on a Day to day basis. It only lost to snivy due to zekrom taking all its power. Ash also has an overpowered team in the form of charizard(rumored to be zard y) sceptile Snorlax Pikachu Staaptor and frogsdier (rumored to evolve into greninja) with this kind of team red stands no chance. Plus ash is more experienced has he has visited 6 regions to reds one and has gotten every single badge from 5 regions and is working on the sixth. Ash>Red.

Red would dominate ash because ash only has a Pikachu and some random pokemon he has gotten through the anime season and since red has a pikachu, all fully evolved Kanto sarters, Aerodactyl, and Gyrrados, Red would win.
He doesn't have Aerodactyl and Gyrados, he has Lapras and Snorlax. Either way, Red would still crush Ash, since Ash is experienced, but not knowledgeable. He still doesn't really know about type matchups and has an only half-good team if @Dragovian's Ash team. Here's how it would go:

Pikachu (Red) > Frogsdier (Ash)
Pikachu (Red) > Mega Charizard Y (Ash)
Pikachu (Red) > Staraptor (Ash)
Mega Charizard X (Red) > Sceptile (Ash)

Ash's Pikachu and Snorlax would be left, and Red is knowledgeable enough to know how to cover types, so Red would have Earthquake on his Snorlax and have Aura Sphere on Blastoise. Perfect countering.

He doesn't have Aerodactyl and Gyrados, he has Lapras and Snorlax. Either way, Red would still crush Ash, since Ash is experienced, but not knowledgeable. He still doesn't really know about type matchups and has an only half-good team if @Dragovian's Ash team. Here's how it would go:

Pikachu (Red) > Frogsdier (Ash)
Pikachu (Red) > Mega Charizard Y (Ash)
Pikachu (Red) > Staraptor (Ash)
Mega Charizard X (Red) > Sceptile (Ash)

Ash's Pikachu and Snorlax would be left, and Red is knowledgeable enough to know how to cover types, so Red would have Earthquake on his Snorlax and have Aura Sphere on Blastoise. Perfect countering.
And does he ever show his pokemon have these moves?
Unless we are talking about manga red,who utterly decimates ash. I was talking origins/Games red

Hooooowwwwwever ash has many other pokemon to pick from...
And even though red has invented tsctics so has ash(spin dodge Is the first off the top of my head)
If ash DOSENT get megas red wins.
If he does (red never got megas in manga,and manga is the only red who stands a CHANCE) it's 80/20 in ash's favor.

Well I'm counting the Red you see in HGSS, and remember, TMs. Also in Origins Charizard has Charizardite X.

Well I'm counting the Red you see in HGSS, and remember, TMs. Also in Origins Charizard has Charizardite X.
In that case ash has Access to all the tms he had in pokemon yellow and that's bad news for red...

Back