Saddest Anime You've Ever Watched ;-;

• Thread starter Frisk
  • Start date
Frisk

Frisk

Keyblade Wielders
Banned User
So, what's the saddest anime you've ever watched? ;-;

Yuki Yuan is a hero,I didn't cry at the end: it's like I felt SO bad for the heroes..I didn't cry but my body ran tears in spite of my face being perfectly straight.I didn't want to but (I don't want to have spoiler in this) but Yuki Yuan DOES not deserve what happened....

Letter Bee.

one isnt doing the good anime's justice the best animes for me were the sad one personally the saddest was-Anohana.
Angle beats made me dehydrated as well,so did clannad/afterstory.
stiens gates also deserves mention too,i had so much respect for the kyoma by the end of it?
most of the mainstream anime namely one piece,fairy tail and Dragon ball too made me sad at points

i also cried during the second season of oregairu but that is situation depending on if you could understand what was going on (a lot of reading in between the lines).

Reactions: DarkXorius, Kakea and Jeff The Killer
Hrrmm I would say Grave of the Fireflies it's not an anime series but it's an anime movie. And it's depressing T-T.

Reactions: AHeartlessNobody and Rath
Hrrmm I would say Grave of the Fireflies it's not an anime series but it's an anime movie. And it's depressing T-T.
what was the 5mm per minute movie? that was so depressing too

I'm kinda curious,I only saw some of One Piece.... there's more sad parts(besides Ace's death, I only read about :( ) besides that!!!? It seemed upbeat for most the parts I DID watch.Even in dark moments!

I'm kinda curious,I only saw some of One Piece.... there's more sad parts(besides Ace's death, I only read about :( ) besides that!!!? It seemed upbeat for most the parts I DID watch.Even in dark moments!
most of the flash backs i.e the past of the crew members is really sad.

Reactions: Kakea
Cory in the house B)

Just kidding xD.

tokyo ghoul.

Cory in the house B)

Just kidding xD.

tokyo ghoul.
I know the first season was sad for Kaneka, but was the second sad? The parts I saw just him getting into strange fights...

Angel Beats. It's sad when everyone disappears...

Reactions: AngelsShadow and DarkXorius
Either Angel Beats or 5cm Per Second for me. That first disappearance in AB though... And in 5cm when... and then... Bwahhhh!!! :cry:

Reactions: AngelsShadow and OtakuFallenAngel
Akame ga kill.

Watch it completely, and tell me it's not sad. I dare you.

Akame ga kill.

I really enjoyed Akame ga Kill when I wasn't really thinking about the show. I just really have to rant and point this one detail out without spoiling: the transitioning is too far off and demented for me. *Critic mode on?* Let's start with the beginning.

In Episode one, Tatsumi finds himself in a city filled with corruption, blah blah. You know what happens. Well, you also know the main point of Episode one. Tatusmi's friends are horrifically tortured and murdered and he joins Night Raid. When Tatsumi first finds out, he is stricken with grief and anger.

He kills the killer of his friends. Seconds later, he's basically forgotten about it, with no signs of depression. Like, he didn't really care all that much.

In later Episodes, Tatsumi mourns, but the fact that it went from a depressing scene seamlessly to "HAHAHA LOL, DEATH HAPPENS, YOU'RE IN NIGHT RAID LOL,"really ruined the mood. Then we get signs that main characters are going to die with the death of Scissors Girl, and slowly everyone else dies but again there's lack of sensitivity. Their backstories are shallowly explained and I feel like no one should have really developed any sense of attachment to the characters with the tone set.

Good points: Akame's story is different, I really think she's what made the anime good, because she never really went out of mood, aside from her eating habits (which was pretty cool). She brought a sense of reality in the anime but everyone else just seemed to "lol," everything. This was incredibly short, because I don't really feel like getting into a heavy explanation (sorry, I got homework to worry about) but I hope you catch the general gist of the point I have set. Conclusively, I think they should have made the anime longer, with more time to develop a sense of existence for the characters.

@Topic: I can't name anything too sad. I guess I'd say Code Geass.

Reactions: Kakea and 532
Akame ga kill.

I'm watching it now! I can't wait to see the twist in the middle of the series I was told about... the beginning seemed a little sad (for Tatsumi side) but so far it seems blunt... nothing particular is happening.

Akame ga kill.

Its not sad to me. Its a good show. But that's it. Its just good. When a character dies, I was like ._. ... They didn't really connect. But its just my opinion, I still enjoy it and its not annoying.

The saddest anime I watched so far is Neon Genesis Evangelion. With the main characters' sad back stories and their psychological issues. I found it sad and yet so real and relatable. If I went into detail on why its so sad, it would be full of spoilers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 532
I'm lame, so I'm gonna chose the animes known for being sad, but I think HunterxHunter was really really sad. It started out so cute and adorable with Gon and his fishing pole and Kurapika being so calm, but no. This show lied to me how could you make twelve year olds go through this madness I cried they're tiny kids. I'm not even done my friends say it gets worse. I don't think I'll be able to handle it once I get there.

Clannad was one of the most saddest anime I've ever watched, It got me right in the feels.

Colorful, one-shot animovie.

I might have forgotten some, but this is an ordered list for me (Phantom and Angel Beats tying I think).

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom -
I think this anime had the most feels at the ending for me. It wasn't entirely sad, just the ending where something major occurred and the song in the video started playing :

Angel Beats
- I'm not sure how many times I cried (eyes just getting watery, you know), but I know for sure I did.

Death Parade - it isn't super duper sad, but it has its moments ;~;

Naruto Shippuden - Hinata vs Pain. Obviously, if you stay up to date with the anime, you know who'd win. I thought "you know who" died when they went up in the air and yeah '>.<)/

Back