Saddest Anime You've Ever Watched ;-;

• Thread starter Frisk
  • Start date
I heard people say Clannad is the saddest anime (I haven't watched it yet) and also Air.
For me probably Ano Hana (The Flower We Saw That Day), well the Japanese name is super long but yeah, a very very sad anime. I think Angel Beats is also sad, so does Attack on Titan first few episodes.

Haha, can't name one. I guess that's good for me, for some reason. I don't think I could handle it.

I'm going to have to talk about two animes here, one of which is more sad than the other; that's the one I'm going to be talking about first. The first anime, is Plastic Memories. I don't want to spoil any of this for anyone, so I'm going to be a little vague on describing this. Basically, it's set in the future, and you settle down on a main character who's becoming a first timer for a company that recalls androids. This may not seem like that big of a deal, but the basis for this is that they have human emotion. I'll let that sit for a while.

The second anime, definitely has to be Angel Beats. You're thrown into the world without much explanation and it seems a little weird at first. To be honest, I was going to stop watching it after the first episode, if it wasn't for my close friend. The first half of the anime is comedic for the most part-- but come the second half, that's where the tears come in. What's the worst about Angel Beats, is that it makes you care for every single person, right down to the last individual you'd expect to care for.

Both of these anime forced tears to well up and drain from my face, but are definitely worth a watch.

Angel Beats, Clannad and SAO

Akame ga kill.

Watch it completely, and tell me it's not sad. I dare you.
it was sad (loved the action and the characters thats what makes me a little more mad) but the anime IMO (IM fricking O) was more stupid than sad.
to me
if you are going to kill the main cast off in the end then i really feel like i wasted my time watching the series.

The second anime, definitely has to be Angel Beats. You're thrown into the world without much explanation and it seems a little weird at first. To be honest, I was going to stop watching it after the first episode, if it wasn't for my close friend. The first half of the anime is comedic for the most part-- but come the second half, that's where the tears come in. What's the worst about Angel Beats, is that it makes you care for every single person, right down to the last individual you'd expect to care for.

Both of these anime forced tears to well up and drain from my face, but are definitely worth a watch.

As much as i love Plastic memories (The have similar endings if you notice) angle beats is much better much more of a human connect and much more of a bam in your face twist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clannad!;-;

Sword Art Online because of the wasted potential...

:cool:

Reactions: Doctor Strange and Rath
Reactions: Rath and TheYESDragon
Sword Art Online because of the wasted potential...

:cool:
Same, brother. High five?

Reactions: TheYESDragon and Kakea
Angel Beats, Clannad and SAO
I agree with SAO. Oh, I wasn't sad about the deaths, I was sad because these are terrible characters.

wow you guys are terribly harsh on SAO while i understand that it got more attention than it deserved and also that a lot of the story was pretty dumb in retrospect, i think its still a solid anime with good music and great action with flashy colorful visuals.
it's overrated doesn't mean its automatically bad in the same way that Zelda OoT or Majora's mask (Take your pick,IMO both are kinda overrated) is overrated but not a bad game by any stretch of the word.

School Days.

Gintama....

No but seriously ._. As pretty much everyone said, Angel Beats. Aside from that, Parasyte (All the deaths just made me really sad), Sola, which had an ending that absolutely shocked me ._. Myself, Yourself, not for the ending, but the story itself and 5cm per Second, which kinda wrecked my heart. I also found the ending of the original Fate/Stay anime sad.

Mitsudomoe made me sad because there isn;t a season 3... but oh well XD

Akame ga Kill or Hunter X Hunter. None of them are focused on being sad and all but on Akame ga Kill everyone you love will die and HXH just hits you right in the feels soo

Akame ga Kill or Hunter X Hunter. None of them are focused on being sad and all but on Akame ga Kill everyone you love will die and HXH just hits you right in the feels soo
I loved no one in AGK. ._.

I'm lame, so I'm gonna chose the animes known for being sad, but I think HunterxHunter was really really sad. It started out so cute and adorable with Gon and his fishing pole and Kurapika being so calm, but no. This show lied to me how could you make twelve year olds go through this madness I cried they're tiny kids. I'm not even done my friends say it gets worse. I don't think I'll be able to handle it once I get there.
Where you at? HXH takes long to actually get bad, if you are thinking it's bad at the beggining...

Well I'd say you're lucky then, Bulat hit me bad

Reactions: Kakea
Well I'd say you're lucky then, Bulat hit me bad
Because I felt each character's backstory, with the exception of Akame, is not fleshed out. We're only told their back stories once and to me, they're not detailed. I actually hated Shelle's backstory. And I didn't really like Night Raid as characters and felt they were cardboard cutouts of typical anime characters.

Because I felt each character's backstory, with the exception of Akame, is not fleshed out. We're only told their back stories once and to me, they're not detailed. I actually hated Shelle's backstory. And I didn't really like Night Raid as characters and felt they were cardboard cutouts of typical anime characters.
Yes I agree with that, and in Bulat's case, they didn't even try a backstory. But still, I really liked him as a character and I think he was one of the only, even if only for a bit, non-all-cliche character from AgK

seriously? i thought some of the characters were actually pretty good thats what makes me think that overall the anime was even more garbage because they took the easy way out and wouldnt capitalize on them it would have been amazing to see a arc of background stories for each of the night raid members of how they became assassins and i despise akane such a bland character no real use

Back