Saddest Anime You've Ever Watched ;-;

• Thread starter Frisk
  • Start date
seriously? i thought some of the characters were actually pretty good thats what makes me think that overall the anime was even more garbage because they took the easy way out and wouldnt capitalize on them it would have been amazing to see a arc of background stories for each of the night raid members of how they became assassins and i despise akane such a bland character no real use
I loved the anime but I wish the background stories was more detailed,Sheele was shown incredibly fast.I didn't get a chance to feel bad that she died,Bulat made me sad since he was shown longer.I DID feel bad for all except for,Chelsea:who's death WAS sad but they didn't show her long enough to feel really bad and Lubba:I didn't like him period,he only seem like a selfish pervert who somehow could fight? I'm sure a perv would've died before then... (Esdeath sucks more than the minister...)

I loved the anime but I wish the background stories was more detailed,Sheele was shown incredibly fast.I didn't get a chance to feel bad that she died,Bulat made me sad since he was shown longer.I DID feel bad for all except for,Chelsea:who's death WAS sad but they didn't show her long enough to feel really bad and Lubba:I didn't like him period,he only seem like a selfish pervert who somehow could fight? I'm sure a perv would've died before then... (Esdeath sucks more than the minister...)
I sadly ship Tatsumi with her. :p

image.jpg
This needs to be @Mikaya's new AVI. Kawaii Esdese.

i agree with most of this i wish that they had killed of akame and kept some of the other ones alive
the saddest ones for me were mine and tatsumi.
even though i usually am not a fan of tsundere characters mines dying words (which i wont spoil but i feel we are way past spoilers now) made me really like her and also cry for her.
and tatsumi just got shafted,he went super....super tatsumi and then he died.

but the award for the stupidest death goes to....Leone.....she could have easily killed the minister without getting shot and even after that a few bullet holes in the gut are still treatable,she basically died for.......i dont even know why she died?
my guess is it was to make room for a new cast and make akame the only surviving member (which is even worse of an idea than naming the new dbz transformation super sayain god super sayain and thats a level that is hard the achieve)

Reactions: Kakea
i agree with most of this i wish that they had killed of akame and kept some of the other ones alive
the saddest ones for me were mine and tatsumi.
even though i usually am not a fan of tsundere characters mines dying words (which i wont spoil but i feel we are way past spoilers now) made me really like her and also cry for her.
and tatsumi just got shafted,he went super....super tatsumi and then he died.

but the award for the stupidest death goes to....Leone.....she could have easily killed the minister without getting shot and even after that a few bullet holes in the gut are still treatable,she basically died for.......i dont even know why she died?
my guess is it was to make room for a new cast and make akame the only surviving member (which is even worse of an idea than naming the new dbz transformation super sayain god super sayain and thats a level that is hard the achieve)

I felt the same way,with the exceptance of I'm glad at least Akame lived,and Leone might of died from blood loss...(she didn't treat herself? or FIND A DOCTOR OR AT LEAST STOP THE BLEEDING!!!!!?)she did say she wanted to see the others that died. Tatsumi had the most painful death I saw,You watch him break in pieces..... it IS unfair and sad I wish there was a way to revive them(like he thought in the beginning)

Figure 17, but it would be a spoiler to tell why. Watch it yourself. :)

Deadman Wonderland and Future Diary made me weep ;-;

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.
Their mom died, and their father left them when they were kids. And then when Ed tried to bring his mother back, he ended up losing his younger brother and his leg. So he was so willing to give il his own arm to save his brother. But not exactly. Now, his brother, Al, is nothing but a suit of armor. So he can't eat, drink, or feel anymore. And if you think this is sad already, Nina, a cute little girl, and her dog both died or sorta became some sort of chimera or something idk it's complicated. And then Maes Hughes died. There are other sad stuff after that, but ultimately, Al sacrificed himself to save Ed. There's a lot more to it than just this, though, but I can't exactly remember.
I seriously cried quite a lot during this anime.

Mirai nikki made me cry like a baby at the end. Fate Stay/Nigth also, and Guilty Crown. I just couldn't handle it when they desappear ;-;

Death parade, Hotarubi no Mori e
and Hunter X Hunter ; _ ;

Last edited by a moderator:
SAO? Sad? Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! You're funny! Tell another joke.
You could stop being rude and respect other people's opinions you know.

SAO? Sad? Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! You're funny! Tell another joke.

What was I thinking? Past me, you suck. How did I like this piece of crap? I eat those words now.

Yeah not cool man...

Angel Beats and Clannad after story Q_Q

Reactions: OtakuFallenAngel
The Tokyo Ghoul Manga was sad for me: the anime was only sad because it killed everything I loved from the manga...

UHG don't make me think about crying over shows. Only a few have done it to me.

Angel beats- when the guitarist leaves I just broke then the yui went away I died inside. The waterworks at the end. I don't cry and that show made me feel like Elfman from the alternate univers in fairy tail.

Clannad/and Clannad after story just rekt me. Happy and sad damn it make up your damn mind!!!

Kannon. This one was so devastating especially when
Mai stabbed herself in the chest with her own sword
I was so bummed for the next few days I didn't even watch it. So glad I finished it though.

Your lie in April. Where do I start with this anime. Such an emotional roller coaster I was destroyed after watching it.

Wolf's Rain is hands down the saddest anime I have ever seen. I watched the ending over and over several times just to absorb what played out and how sad it really was. I was kind of in denial, so much, that I cried on and off for three days after, just thinking about it. It's so beautiful. And yet so sad and tragic.

I've only watched 1 anime and that's Vampire Knight so that's the saddest anime I've seen, or I can animate my life anime style.

Back