Sakurai's Pic of the Day Discussion

• Thread starter ShinyLatios
  • Start date
ShinyLatios

ShinyLatios

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Okay, so yesterday we saw a picture of the Spirit Train about to run into a Dark Train and Link in the air between them.

Today (November 29, 2013), Sakurai says the following: "Pic of the day. A red-black effect now appears when you're hit by a strong blow. It'll only appear when you have high damage, so when you see this you're in trouble--and you're probably about to get KO'd!"

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUgHs4i5p-A

Below is the latest picture that's been uploaded. Thoughts?
zlCfzRNR8KgtfzWwH-

Reactions: xXAwesomeDudeXx and D4rkDragon
I think that's a good idea, but the effect should not be so large. Imagine a Wi-Fi battle where all players are resistant enough to go up to about 130% of damage; it would be a chaos to see all those GFX Effects. But otherwise, they are pretty nice.

If adjusted, it'll be fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShinyLatios
that's a great addition !

I think that's a good idea, but the effect should not be so large. Imagine a Wi-Fi battle where all players are resistant enough to go up to about 130% of damage; it would be a chaos to see all those GFX Effects. But otherwise, they are pretty nice.

If adjusted, it'll be fine.
on the flipside though, seeing all the GFX Effects could be cool to the casual player. But yeah, I wouldn't imagine you'd see too much of it given that this is for when you're at high damage and will likely get KO'd soon. I don't think Sakurai provided actual numbers

Today (December 2, 2013), Sakurai says the following: "Pic of the day. Turnips are used in the Villager's up-air and down-air attacks. Perhaps because the turnip prices fluctuate depending on the day's market, the number of turnips that appear changes every time. How cute."

lol this seems like an interesting thing for the troll character that is the Villager

Yes, I keep wondering how the Wii Fit Trainer and the Villager ended up in being a playable character in SSB4.
Explanations, Nintendo ?

EDIT: Turnips. It will be the ultimate troll attack from the game. (Peach was able to get some, however, in SSBM and SSBB)

Yes, I keep wondering how the Wii Fit Trainer and the Villager ended up in being a playable character in SSB4.
Explanations, Nintendo ?

EDIT: Turnips. It will be the ultimate troll attack from the game. (Peach was able to get some, however, in SSBM and SSBB)
there've been screenshots for both those characters revealing some of the moves. I guess they're viable in some ways (and perhaps Nintendo just wanted to troll :p)

Yes, I would take the troll theory. After all, what would be a Nintendo game without any easter egg/troll ?

yeah, definitely. I mean if Nintendo didn't feel like trolling we wouldn't have characters like Game & Watch in there now would we :p But yeah, I think Villager will end up being a fun character to play with

Oh yeah, btw here's a direct link to the Villager image that Sakurai posted today (December 2, 2013). Just figured out that THESE links will be permanent
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADzUgNqp8GCEw

Last edited by a moderator:
I find that great that the pictures are updated in only one or two day(s). This allow us to discover what Nintendo is gonna do for their next SSB. Can't wait for the 3DS version (and the online mode, perhaps !)

NEW PICTURE FOR DECEMBER 3, 2013 https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAD4UgHtHQ2Osw

"Pic of the day. Pop quiz! Who is this monster, and where is it from? The cage may serve as a hint."
daily.jpg

I think that the picture wasn't updated correctly. The picture I got at 3.13 PM didn't show a monster.
But I have checked the Miiverse link. I don't know what is it though.

I think that the picture wasn't updated correctly. The picture I got at 3.13 PM didn't show a monster.
But I have checked the Miiverse link. I don't know what is it though.
They must have updated it then. The first post originally had that option but it got stuck on an earlier one. I bet this one will at some point though.

Anyways, for December 4, 2013...https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKlbp5prBg
"Pic of the day. Excuse me, sir--a little help with the ball? There was once a game called Mega Man Soccer, by the way."

They must have updated it then. The first post originally had that option but it got stuck on an earlier one. I bet this one will at some point though.

Anyways, for December 4, 2013...https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKlbp5prBg
"Pic of the day. Excuse me, sir--a little help with the ball? There was once a game called Mega Man Soccer, by the way."
Gee, Masahiro Sakurai sure has done a lot of research on Mega Man.

MegaManSoccer.jpg

Gee, Masahiro Sakurai sure has done a lot of research on Mega Man.

MegaManSoccer.jpg
Well, Nintendo DID have Megaman on SNES, so he must have noticed this game when he was looking into the older design of Megaman to incorporate into SSB4

What IS THAT ATTACK ? A Gyroid getting thrown as a bullet ?!?
Also, I laughed at the SNES box that you posted, Onett.
The attack is basically a missile thing that he can attack with. It's his side special I believe. Sakurai has details on it as stated below

December 5, 2013 "Pic of the day. The Villager's special attack, the Lloid Rocket, is a projectile weapon like no other--you can either launch it or ride on it. When you fire it off, keep pressing the button to hop aboard--you can even control its speed. It's more powerful when you're riding it."

The attack is basically a missile thing that he can attack with. It's his side special I believe. Sakurai has details on it as stated below

December 5, 2013 "Pic of the day. The Villager's special attack, the Lloid Rocket, is a projectile weapon like no other--you can either launch it or ride on it. When you fire it off, keep pressing the button to hop aboard--you can even control its speed. It's more powerful when you're riding it."

that is cool. i wonder if there will be any more surprise chalengers. like mega man villager and wii fit trainer. if so what do you want it to be? i hope for a nintendog that would be cool.

Ah, so it's more an useful attack (by the way, might be useful to come back on level) than a troll. Thanks, naagza to point again another thing that I didn't know !

December 6, 2013: "Pic of the day. Here's a new Assist Trophy--the Skull Kid! I repeat, it's an Assist Trophy, not a new fighter. The characters announced on the website are the fighters!"
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYnZZEvggg

Finally, we NOW have a Majora's Mask Reference ! Does he makes the big moon who was over Clock Town (Correct me if I'm wrong, I played the FR version, so it's an approximative translation) fall into the stage ? If that's the case, then, we are doomed.

Back