Scariest game you have ever played?

• Thread starter xmenpkmntrainer
  • Start date
i found resident evil demo quite freaky lol i was like wtf >! when one of the monster aliens came out of the closet !
its freaky !

Reactions: xmenpkmntrainer
I try my best to keep a huge distance from scary/horror games, I'll be too afraid to even move my control. I'm probably 10x a more coward than Luigi (Luigi's Mansion) but I'll say the scariest game I've ever played was Resident Evil 4 (PS2), I never even played it for long, probably 20 minutes for the most, and I've has sleepless night afterwards. :bag:

I try my best to keep a huge distance from scary/horror games, I'll be too afraid to even move my control. I'm probably 10x a more coward than Luigi (Luigi's Mansion) but I'll say the scariest game I've ever played was Resident Evil 4 (PS2), I never even played it for long, probably 20 minutes for the most, and I've has sleepless night afterwards. :bag:
OMG :?! yeah ! i know right ? all the resident evil games are freaky ?! whether it is on a 3ds or a PS2/3 god were you playing it on a hd television ? ::p

OMG :?! yeah ! i know right ? all the resident evil games are freaky ?! whether it is on a 3ds or a PS2/3 god were you playing it on a hd television ? ::p
No, I didn't think I even knew bout HD televisions at that time. But, if I were playing on an HD Television, it would have been worse. Resident Evil 4 was the only Resident Evil I played actually :eek:

No, I didn't think I even knew bout HD televisions at that time. But, if I were playing on an HD Television, it would have been worse. Resident Evil 4 was the only Resident Evil I played actually :eek:
i played the new one on 3ds the demo with full 3d , at night , alone , not in the dark , in a cold room with the music on full what could be worse :p in a old house alone ? no light :wtf:

The Resident Evil games had only a creepy atmosphere, the scariest game I played would be "Alone" for the Oculus :eek:

The Resident Evil games had only a creepy atmosphere, the scariest game I played would be "Alone" for the Oculus :eek:
Oculus Rift?!?! That's torture! I wouldn't want to play a horror game with a Virtual Reality gaming device, that's horrible.

Reactions: milesose
descent 1 For the dos T_T (yah i played on pc before i played nintendo games)

Ok, I'll update the thread with more games that I knew (but forgot them):

Clock Tower (PC/SNES): A point & click game who features many endings as well as some jumpscares. By the way, expect graphics from the SNES era.

Fatal Frame series (Wii/PS2/Xbox (not 360)/PS3/3DS): Also known as Project Zero, it's a game where you generally explore a haunted mansion, and to get rid of some 'paranormal' events, you have to use your camera.

Any Creepypasta-inspired game (such as Pokemon ones) can also be creepy. 90% of these games are on PC. Sonic.exe was an example of a creepypasta-based game.

I forgot about Clock Tower - you never knew when Scissor Man would leap out and start lumbering after you!

Reactions: D4rkDragon
Well, DreadOut is a horror game made in Indonesia where you explore a village and you can only see ghosts through a camera screen. It gets creepy at first, but when you pause they put on a jump scare so that you don't chicken out by pausing :nailbiting:

Outlast.

Keep in mind this is coming from someone who jumps at virtually anything that comes out of nowhere...
Did you play outlast on thenps4 like me? When I played I was in a small room in the dark, it was almost midnight to making it even scarier

Resident Evil - Code Veronica. Zombie dogs come out of nowhere...plus when you open a door, and your heart beats faster and quicker...ahhhh! xD

I stay away from horror games and movies because I just despise the genre. I don't get why it's thrilling to see the weirdest people on Earth do insane things. If I had to pick though, I'd go with Skyrim. Some of the dungeons in Skyrim really spook me out, especially Bleak Falls Barrow. It was my first dungeon and I was making my way through the dark, musty tunnels when I stepped on a pressure plate and a spiked mat almost killed me. After that, I just sped through the dungeon until I made it to the exit and back outside.

The scariest game I've ever played is actually Minecraft x3

My friend wanted me to play Minecraft a couple years ago, but I didn't know anything about it, so I found it online and started playing. It got dark really quickly and I could hear zombies nearby and I felt like I was in the Hunger Games so it was just scary :x

Actually, the first time I played Minecraft, I also got a bit spooked. I was still getting used to the controls and then it was nightfall. It was raining hard and I had basically nothing to protect myself. As I was walking in an open field, I attracted the attention of a bunch of skeletons and zombies nearby. I quickly dug a hole and after getting in, tried to seal it. I failed, and I was slaughtered inside the little ditch in the ground. That was only a moderately scary moment though.

Swamp. Simulator. It's a total copy of Slender: TEP, but onions....swamps.....layers....waffles.....and of course SHREK. As Shrek approaches you, a distorted version of the song "You're A Rockstar" slowly becomes audible. I don't even want to mention what happens if Shrek gets you. :nailbiting::eek:

Reactions: 4362
You guys surelly don't know what I played resident evil,gear solid,zombie land that make me scared my pants off.

I know that this thread is 10 months old
But I think the scariest game I ever played was an translated version of SNES Clocktower
It just has such an awesome atmosphere.
I found Residen Evil actually boring because I suck at Survival Horror
But somehow the caves in Minecraft scare me

Last edited:
Back