Scariest game you have ever played?

• Thread starter xmenpkmntrainer
  • Start date
Dead Space on PC is the scariest game of all! The sounds drive me crazy (especially the echoes).

From the look of it, Spirit Camera (3DS) seems quite scary as well. I never play it myself but my friend said so.

weirdly, Catherine for XBOX 360/PS3. the game had creepy atmosphere, the levels were intense, and the end level bosses were grotesque and genuinely frightening. I died alot, beat the game and still got an ending that made me feel like though i had beaten the game, i had lost still. Awesome game.

Five Nights at Freddy's
Is this where you wanna be
I just don't get it
Why would you want to stay

I think you get the point. I didn't make it through Night 1 because friggin' Bonnie had to disable my door and I stupidly pulled up the security cameras.

Dead space, it's they only full game that i played that really can be called a scary game. But after a while you start noticing the patterns, looking at the vents and as you approach wondering if they are going to jump out before you get to it or after you passed it.

I have to say that though I never usually play scary games a lot , I once tried to play Resident Evil : Revelations because I have a friend that I know likes the Resident Evil series , so I thought that I'd give it a go .... The minute I picked to game up and opened it , was the minute I set it down ...

For now, I'm going to answer Silent Hill 4: The Room. It's not my favourite horror game - not even close. But it is definitely the single scariest game I have ever played. The monsters and the gruesome sounds were really creepy, but the scariest thing in the game was the floating ghosts for me.

upload_2015-5-21_17-53-48.jpeg

I have never in my entire life seen anything as nauseatingly scary as these things. My entire 'J-horror is always better' opinion stems from the floating ghosts, and some of the insectoid sounds used in Silent Hill 4 - but the latter to a very small degree. Apart from that, the rest of the game is extremely frightening too: being eternally stuck in a graveyard until you figure out the puzzle, the alternatively dark bloody hellishness or creepy isolation of the surroundings, the ghosts sporting horrific injuries and hideous deformities.... but the one thing that scared me most was the floating ghosts. Especially as they never die. When I was new to the game, I'd hit them and hit them with my crowbar, but they'd only fall for a short while and then rise up again, and the scary music would start again... this game gets the horror factor completely right.

I was young when I first played it, so it might have scarred me for life. Then I got stuck and never got past that part where you rotate the rooms in the cylindrical tower, and then I lost my PS2 game disc... but I'd buy it again if I found it, to finish it.

Amnesia... =/ I had to stop playing because my belly ached by the fear -_-

I don't really get scared playing games but the ones that actually scared me was

A Witchs' House, the end half caused me to freak out and left me shaking.

Mad Father, the dad in this game is just plain creepy.

And the Five Nights at Freddys' series it would scare me only because I knew they were coming.

the first fnaf game is probably the only game that actually scared me throughout the entire main story (idk what else to call it :l) when i played dead space, i was scared for most of the game, but near the end i was basically just going "boom boom, i shot your face. boom boom now your dead. boom boom fireworks!"

Back