Should I get a used Wii or Wii U?

• Thread starter Xerneas123
  • Start date
Xerneas123

Xerneas123

Amazing swordfighter
Towns Folk
I really want to play Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword ( yes I know it is really late). People online say to play Skyward Sword on the Wii U but I don't have a Wii or Wii U. I don't exactly feel like spending $300 just for one game. Anyone have any websites or stores that have cheaper Wii Us? Also, if there are no cheap Wii Us, should I just buy a Wii?

Wii U, that can play Wii games. But if you want photos in your SD Card on your TV screen and want to edit them, use them for puzzles, ect. get a Wii.

Wii U, that can play Wii games. But if you want photos in your SD Card on your TV screen and want to edit them, use them for puzzles, ect. get a Wii.

Are the graphics on the Wii terrible? I really don't want to spend a lot of money on a Wii U. What do you think I should get? I just want to play Skyward Sword and maybe Super Smash Bros. I don't really care much for the Wii U games.

The graphics arn't HD, but there still good.

Reactions: Rockback
I'd go with the Wii U its beautiful :angelic:

since you're not gonna be after any Wii U games, go for the Wii. The graphics aren't that good, but they're OK. You could probably pick one up for a really cheap price.

You can't use the Wii U GamePad to play Skyward Sword on the Wii U. So unless you want to purchase a $300 console and a wii remote plus (I think), go for the Wii. They should be extremely cheap around this time (maybe <$100 US).

You can get a Wii Mini for 99.99 at Amazon, or a Wii with online capabilities for 139.99 $ used.
You can hack the Wii and get homebrew games, that allows you to play Skyward Sword and any Wii games for free. Skyward Sword is a really great game, you should play it.

I think you should go for the Wii U, even though it is $300 it is worth it because you can play all the Wii games, even hack the virtual wii in the Wii U and you get the Wii U in HD with Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, 2 new legend of zelda games, Bayonetta 1 and 2, games like Mass Effect 3 and Batman Arkham City, online capabilities which have stopped with the Wii and also Nintendo Network ID's instead of Friend Codes (which have stopped anyway so you can't use any of the Wii's online capabilities, and you can pick up a refurbished Wii Remote Plus and Nunchuck at store.nintendo.com for only $20!

I think you should go for the Wii U, even though it is $300 it is worth it because you can play all the Wii games, even hack the virtual wii in the Wii U and you get the Wii U in HD with Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, 2 new legend of zelda games, Bayonetta 1 and 2, games like Mass Effect 3 and Batman Arkham City, online capabilities which have stopped with the Wii and also Nintendo Network ID's instead of Friend Codes (which have stopped anyway so you can't use any of the Wii's online capabilities, and you can pick up a refurbished Wii Remote Plus and Nunchuck at store.nintendo.com for only $20!
you can still watch Netflix, and use the online store on Wii, but the Wii U is also being sold on Nintendo's webstore for $200 refurbished though, but you get a copy of Nintendo Land and a 1 year warranty with it.

I think so, I'm kinda biased but I think you should get it since it's fun to play.

Forget what everyone else said above (just kidding) and take my advice -- I think you should go with the Wii U. As mentioned above, you can play your Wii games on the Wii U. I know you stated that you only want that one Wii game, but you actually might find yourself liking the Wii U more than you expected. In that case, you could then purchase other Wii U games. You would have possession of the latest Nintendo product and wouldn't have to worry about updating for the time being.

I know the Wii U is more expensive than the Wii U but you should consider how it would be in the long-run. You have your Wii capabilities on the Wii U and the option to get other games if you fall in love with the system. Don't sit in regret, wishing you could be playing all the great games out now.

Sincerely,
ChiefKeef

P.S. I'm always right. ;)

Reactions: xXAwesomeDudeXx
Forget what everyone else said above (just kidding) and take my advice -- I think you should go with the Wii U. As mentioned above, you can play your Wii games on the Wii U. I know you stated that you only want that one Wii game, but you actually might find yourself liking the Wii U more than you expected. In that case, you could then purchase other Wii U games. You would have possession of the latest Nintendo product and wouldn't have to worry about updating for the time being.

I know the Wii U is more expensive than the Wii U but you should consider how it would be in the long-run. You have your Wii capabilities on the Wii U and the option to get other games if you fall in love with the system. Don't sit in regret, wishing you could be playing all the great games out now.

Sincerely,
ChiefKeef

P.S. I'm always right. ;)
You're always right, but yet you say the Wii U is more expensive than the Wii U :p

Anyways, if possible, go with the Wii U, but if its not, then there isn't much of a choice, is there? xD

Reactions: xXAwesomeDudeXx
Well, if you really want to spend the least money, go for the Wii. And, it doesn't make sense taking a normal Wii, a lot of the online features have been «deactivated». Wii Mini is a good choice. Are you interested in the Zelda on Wii U?

I would go for a refurbished 32GB Wii U (with Nintendoland) on Nintendo's online store (USA), which it's at $200. The Wiimote Plus + Nunchuck for $20 at there too. Those refurbished products from Nintendo are really of good quality, so don't be scared or anything!.

The Wii U includes an HDMI cable, so if you're going to play on a LCD or LED TV it's the best choice, since you won't have to look for component cables (not included on the Wii). And if you're a big Zelda fan, you can also play WindWaker HD after beating Skyward Sword, or the new spin-off, Hyrule Warriors. Plus there's the new Zelda coming next year.

You should buy a wii u system. If you want to play the legend of zelda skyward swor, you can do it on the wii u as well. Guess what, once you finish the game, the next Zelda for wii u will be realeased and you won't need to trouble yourself in trying to get (by that time) a wii u. Besides the already great lineup wii u has. So you can play Zelda skyward swor while you wait for the next zelda and play some other wii u games.

If you JUST want to use it for Skyward Sword... then get a Wii or a Wii Mini (Wii mini is cheaper; $99.99)

If you buy a Wii (mini) or a Wii U it won't make any difference at all. No graphic change, no gameplay change, nothing.
Like @EstebanTill2 said, you could buy a Wii U and wait for the next Zelda but if you truly just want Skyward sword then get a Wii (mini) ;)

Reactions: 3823
If you just want to play Skyward I'd say get the Wii Mini. Ever since the Wii U has been released , the Wii's price has gone down. Like @Megalegacy had said :)

But personally, I'd buy a refurbished Wii U. This is because there are new Zelda games to be released :love: and there's also Windwaker on there. In the long run, the Wii U will be better. But if you just want Skyward sword, I'd say Wii Mini

Reactions: Iridium Winter
What it really boils down to is this: If you're only interested in playing Skyward Sword or other Wii Games, and you're 100% sure you will never want to play a Wii U game or have any use for the software that is available on the Wii U, then buy a Wii or a Wii Mini. However, if you want to play Skyward Sword AND you have interest in some Wii U titles, then by all means buy a Wii U. I promise it's worth your money if the interest for it is there.

When comparing, both are ok to buy but id say the Wii U because itll be more of the subject to better and newer games, but then thats just my opinion get what fits your budget but personally .....the Wii Uo_O

Back