Should I get a used Wii or Wii U?

• Thread starter Xerneas123
  • Start date
Are the graphics on the Wii terrible? I really don't want to spend a lot of money on a Wii U. What do you think I should get? I just want to play Skyward Sword and maybe Super Smash Bros. I don't really care much for the Wii U games.

Graphics are not terrible. But Better Graphics do NOT make better games. Get the Wii U. You can play Wii & Wii U games plus you can download the old Zelda classics on the NES,SNES & GBA. You can also go to the Wii mode on the Wii U to buy The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time & Majora's Mask. Also you can buy the retail or download The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD on the Wii U. You can also buy Wii games for good prices. And some great milestone of Wii games that are underrated, like Pandora's Tower,The Last Story,Xenoblade Chronicles,No More Heros, No More Heros 2, Mad World, Bully, Cursed Mountain, Red Steel, Red Steel 2, Scarface The World is Yours, Dead Rising: Chop Til you drop, Metroid Other M, Deadly Creatures, Endless Ocean, Endless Ocean 2: Blue World, The Bigs, Alone In The Dark, Skate It, Tony Hawk's Ride, Tony Hawk's Shred, Tony hawk's Downhill Jam, etc. Also You be better off buying a new Wii U. You can get the 32GB. You can also buy a 2TB external Hard Drive to store all of the games you downloaded. Plus, Wii game Downloads are out now, like Punch-Out!!, Super Mario Galaxy 2 & Metroid Prime Trilogy. MPT has three Metroid games in 1.

If the only reason you are buying a Wii U is to play LoZ: Skyward sword than get a wii. However the Wii U does have some great games. You can get games like pikmin 3, the new zelda game thats comming out, windwaker HD, or Hyrule warriors.

you should get a wii u, since wifi capabilities for the wii are not in service anymore. the wii u have more of the newer games on there from here on out such as Mario party 10, wii party, etc. plus the wii u can play wii games and the wifi may work on them if played on the wii u.

you should get a wii u, since wifi capabilities for the wii are not in service anymore. the wii u have more of the newer games on there from here on out such as Mario party 10, wii party, etc. plus the wii u can play wii games and the wifi may work on them if played on the wii u.

Don't forget that you can now download Wii games to the Wii U Virtual Console. Nintendo should be releasing more Wii games soon.

I play my Twilight Princess on Wii mode of the Wii U, it's nice!

Yeah both options are great but the Wii U will be more of the subject to more better games that you may like so definitely get the Wii U . Also the Wii u is a handheld product so you can also bring it almost anywhere that is so cool ! the Wii is cool but soon it will become old and not be supported anymore . Someday

Reactions: Rockback
Yeah both options are great but the Wii U will be more of the subject to more better games that you may like so definitely get the Wii U . Also the Wii u is a handheld product so you can also bring it almost anywhere that is so cool ! the Wii is cool but soon it will become old and not be supported anymore . Someday

The Wii U is not a handheld. You can only take the gamepad 15 or 20 feet away from the Wii U. But you can watch movies on Netflix,Hulu,Amazon Video, Crunchy Roll & Youtube. Also you can use the gamepad to turn your tv on & off or change the channel on your cable box. also if someone else wants to watch tv and you are playing a game you can switch the gameplay to the gamepad. There is also a headphone jack built in the Wii U gamepad. Also if you are using the gamepad for games while your friend/family member is watching tv. you can turn the tv off or change the channel on them. I've done that before. It's funny.

I love the "off TV"!
It's pretty amazing use the gamepad with my headset.

I'd say to get a wii u. Even if skyward sword is literally the ONLY game on the wii you want then still consider a wii u. Once you get a wii and skywards sword then you will start looking at some other wii games to buy. some of these might be wii u games that you see and then really really want but you only have a wii so you can't get it. If you buy a wii u you can get skywards sword and the other couple wii u games you will probably get later on if you buy it. I think you can get a wii u for 300$ with a game bundle 8 gb and 32 gb for only 30 bucks more so get the 32 gb.
if you have a good computer than can play good games online you could also try getting a computer controller from a store, then downloading a wii emulator on it and playing skywards sword

Wii U, it is pretty reasonable in price with the price drop. Plus you can also play Wii games on it. The Wii U has drawn critism, but coming from myself as an owner, it is a significant improvement over the Wii, and is as innovative as the Wii was in 2005.

The online play is also much improved with what I found to be little to no lag, plus Smash Bros. is a good time :)

Also if you get the Wii U, you will also be able to get the new open world Zelda Game, that comes out this year. Also if you just get the Wii, Nintendo has already shut down the Nintendo Wifi Network... But if you get the Wii U you can get the Nintendo Network. Also the two joysticks can act like buttons. It also has a built in camera, a mic & speakers. The Wii U can do whatever the xbox one can, except that the Wii U doesn't eat your games, over heat, RROD, Amber light of death, Green screen of Death. The Wii U works flawless. As in the old school Mortal Kombat. Flawless Victory. lol

I cannot describe in words how excited I am for the new Zelda for the Wii U. If it can mix the story-telling and characters of Zelda with the open world of Skyrim, I cannot begin to think how good this game will be. It will be a world of Hyrule without boundaries. It personally makes me think about Windwaker, how in the end, before you go into Gannon's castle under the see. You can see all of Hyrule, yet you are so restricted by the invisible boundaries, so that you can't explore. This game will break those boundaries and allow you to explore, that is what has me excited.

Wii would be good for save money, but you'll really really more satisfield with WiiU anyway. Trust me! xD

The Wii U games are pretty good actually :D And with the new Zelda and Stuff I think you'll want to have one.

But, If none of those games interest you then get the Wii Mini, I'd say just buy it at Walmart or off of Amazon.

Go with the Wii U. It's backwards compatible with Wii games. You can go online with it, for FREE.. Also the Wii is backwards compatible for Game Cube games. But getting those games now is hard.. You can video chat for free on the Wii U. While the xbox one does have skype, You have to pay for the service. You can also go onto the Mii channel on the Wii U. Also Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate is great on the Wii U. Just get the Wii U. The Wii Wifi service has been shutdown. Also the Wii U is getting better updates. The new zelda game might have/get DLC. You can use the Wii U Pro controller.

Get a Wii U it plays Wii games

Get a Wii U it plays Wii games

Yes it does. You can also download some Wii games in the eshop, Plus you can also download GBA games. plus the Nintendo 64 & Game Cube will be making it's way to the Wii U Virtual console service. Also don't buy a used Wii U. Buy it new to increase the Wii U sales for Nintendo.

buy a wii u. nintendo consoles have backwards compatibility, so you can play wii games on a wii u.

and there are some really neat games already on the wii u. and i am sure you will eventually buy a wii u. so, yea.

and you will not spend $300 for one game. there are tons of awesome games for wii/wiiU that you will probably want to have.

buy a wii u. nintendo consoles have backwards compatibility, so you can play wii games on a wii u.

and there are some really neat games already on the wii u. and i am sure you will eventually buy a wii u. so, yea.

and you will not spend $300 for one game. there are tons of awesome games for wii/wiiU that you will probably want to have.

Also you don't have to worry about the green screen or black screen of DEATH, Or the RROD or BLOD or the Amber light of DEATH, or Worry about the Wii U eating your games like the xbox one does. The Wii U is a flawless console and it's very, very underrated.

Reactions: Mikaya
Back