Should the miiverse be less strict?

• Thread starter 4362
  • Start date
Still brawl is sad compared to project m

Brawl hacking is very much like M.U.G.E.N in a way that anyone with skills and knowledge can create anything. I'm working on something with it . . . I won't spoil it. However, it looks like people are hacking the latest Smash Bros. game. Maybe I'll try once it is stable. I wonder how Nintendo feels once they notice fanmade fighters on that game (if anyone is daring to post it on Miiverse).

that method is quite outdated,the miiverse admins already know that trick
How about faking it as a community code?
Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros anyone? ;)

the admins will find out everything soon or later
if multiple people write things the same way,they are going to check why people are doing this
lets say your code is 1221-2332-3443
if you write abba-bccb-cddc,admins will wonder what it means

if multiple people write things the same way,they are going to check why people are doing this
And then delete you for spam. xD

That might be a good method

"they are going to check why people are doing this"
Ok, maybe not :dead:
And then delete you for spam. xD
Damn :hilarious:

Miiverse staff are only doing their job mainly to 1) Keep the site organized and clean of spam/hate and 2) prevent another 'swapnote incident' from occurring (It's one of the reasons why they don't adhere to the disclosure of friendcodes). Yeah, it stinks to have limited freedom on Miiverse, but I'm pretty sure it's the users that are the ones truly killing the experience, rather than the admins.

And I'm pretty dang sure the "Admin" are robots that kill any thing that has anything with a pile of numbers or exchange friend codes, don't believe me? Go on the ACNL community and post "Who wants to come come to my village?" then in comments post "Sorry I didn't know you had to exchange friend codes, and BAM! You get a note saying you violated one of Miiverse's rules...

And I'm pretty dang sure the "Admin" are robots that kill any thing that has anything with a pile of numbers or exchange friend codes...
I've been saying that for a year now. That and the MV guides too.

When it comes to the site, I'm still awfully bummed that the activity feed ain't what it used to be. It really was too strict to
forbid activity posts on that site; instead, they could've disabled screen caps for certain games and apps or something.
While those creepy users were playing with the AR and posting their photos to humor themselves and others, art communities
were collectively holding contests across the many drawing apps. (I was there, never forget those days.)

I don't go on Miiverse a whole lot, but based on what I know about it (and from what I've seen in this thread), it really does seem like Nintendo's too strict on that kind of thing. I understand they have a younger user base and need to protect them. I understand that. But then there's the older people who don't want to be restricted and want to take advantage of that freedom of speech that they have. If they made a community for those 18 and up, then people would be allowed to share that adult content or their friend codes or whatever with no questions asked. Obviously it would still have some rules, such as not being rude to other users, but they'd be understandable rules you'd expect to see in any community. Users would have to verify their age by entering their birth date to get in, and parental controls could also restrict access to this community.

Of course, kids who don't have the parental controls up could lie about their age, but if they do that, Nintendo's free to kick them off until they're old enough if they find out they're underage, so there's that.

That sounds good, but I've read elsewhere that something like that would be too impractible for nintendo to do. Maybe someone should make a petition or something.

I'm not certain if the admins are doing their job well. It seems more like they are protecting Nintendo's reputation their protecting innocent youth. I'll give you proof.

I was recently got a notice claiming about a post that is offensive. What I found out is that it came from a recent Mario & Luigi post that I done, which puzzled me. I don't post that much about Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam except for a post about how you can topple NPCs with the Trio Hammer. I thought I may have spoil the game, but since that occurs earlier in the game, it shouldn't be so. No . . . it's much more frivolous than that. Apparently, my unintended screenshot featured a character called Toadette being toppled, and the admins found it offensive because my recently-found action "exposes" her underside for the public to see.

We are talking about a character in which ANYONE at ANY AGE can see that and not think of this as an act of sexual offense. Hell, even Nintendo itself promote it without a preconceived notion. Even if they claim that toppling certain characters may be offensive, it's still too frivolous, unlike all of those suicidal comments that the admins really love to ignore. If they were to do their job of protecting younger gamers, would it make sense that they should care more about my suicidal post rather than some frivolous case of a sexual offense of a character who shouldn't be intended to turn people on?

Nintendo: you're the Game Miser, because you're too much!

It kinda feels like,people get banned too easily.
Some content that could be interprated as bad,but isnt bad,gives you strikes for example.
You cant give yotube channel names,even tho there is an youtube section.
It kinda feels like,people get banned too easily.
Some content that could be interprated as bad,but isnt bad,gives you strikes for example.
You cant give yotube channel names,even tho there is an youtube section.
yes miiverse needs to be less strict but nintendo does not even let us post our friend code, its just so dumb it ruins the point in miiverve being a place were you make friends and if you have a miiverve your probably a gamer and need friends to play with. so wats the deal with my friend code on miiverve if i choose to let my fc out in the open then so wat i can face the pros and cons myself nintendo.

yes miiverse needs to be less strict but nintendo does not even let us post our friend code, its just so dumb it ruins the point in miiverve being a place were you make friends and if you have a miiverve your probably a gamer and need friends to play with. so wats the deal with my friend code on miiverve if i choose to let my fc out in the open then so wat i can face the pros and cons myself nintendo.
In Nintendo's defense, some people are too young to understand the dangers of just contacting anyone; similarly, if some theoretical age-requirement had to be met, we all know there'd be a bunch of kids lying about their age and jumping in on the web uncensored.

But I hear ya. Friends should have the capacity to send their friend-codes to their friends: and if they're too young, a vigilant parent to make sure they aren't saying or hearing anything too weird.

Reactions: Gamer4647
In Nintendo's defense, some people are too young to understand the dangers of just contacting anyone; similarly, if some theoretical age-requirement had to be met, we all know there'd be a bunch of kids lying about their age and jumping in on the web uncensored.

But I hear ya. Friends should have the capacity to send their friend-codes to their friends: and if they're too young, a vigilant parent to make sure they aren't saying or hearing anything too weird.
yeah i understand that little kids will spam every thing with bad words and talk about grown-up topics.(something nintendo will hopefully do)maybe you can send the person a friend request and can deny of say yes, but then a if the person is a creep than with a tap of a screen or button BOOM not your friend any more. then again you cant dm a person.

yeah i understand that little kids will spam every thing with bad words and talk about grown-up topics.(something nintendo will hopefully do)maybe you can send the person a friend request and can deny of say yes, but then a if the person is a creep than with a tap of a screen or button BOOM not your friend any more. then again you cant dm a person.
hey i got a crazy idea mabey nintendo can block sum words like you know bad words and other weird stuff or maybe nintendo will add dm's but will(kind of weird but check the message) or you can report the person and nintendo can ban them based on the amount of bad stuff they wrote.

Yes miiverse should be less strict. People are getting banned for things that are not even serious. Admins constantly abuse their power and ban people they don't like. False bans from Miiverse are common. That's why some people decided to quit miiverse because of admins...there doing things in a whole new level and they need to stop. Some people automatically get a perma ban for no reason like that's unfair

Yes miiverse should be less strict. People are getting banned for things that are not even serious. Admins constantly abuse their power and ban people they don't like. False bans from Miiverse are common. That's why some people decided to quit miiverse because of admins...there doing things in a whole new level and they need to stop. Some people automatically get a perma ban for no reason like that's unfair
true

I made a joke about this kid who voted for Trump and his dad abandoned him in the desert I got banned 2 weeks, I didn't even get any other violations and normally it takes like 3 violations before getting 2 weeks but just this made them ban me.

I think it's more that Nintendo doesn't want something to happen to Miiverse like that SwapNote incident. Miiverse needs a whole new revision on everything. The fact that there is no search option for posts in communities is not very good. The Admins need a reform, and the thing needs a faster loading time than it has now. Miiverse is a pretty cool site, but Nintendo needs to loosen it's grip. If they do that, it'll work much, much better and people could come back. That's my opinion, but I might be wrong.

Reactions: MindzEye
Miiverse have good reasons to have strict rules... Belive that it is better than having less rules

Reactions: MindzEye
Back