Should the miiverse be less strict?

• Thread starter 4362
  • Start date
I think it's more that Nintendo doesn't want something to happen to Miiverse like that SwapNote incident. Miiverse needs a whole new revision on everything. The fact that there is no search option for posts in communities is not very good. The Admins need a reform, and the thing needs a faster loading time than it has now. Miiverse is a pretty cool site, but Nintendo needs to loosen it's grip. If they do that, it'll work much, much better and people could come back. That's my opinion, but I might be wrong.
However, the Nintendo Swapnote / Letter Box incident was due to strangers sending 'adult' pictures to each other, but that weren't everybody and the feature isn't in Miiverse - you can only post game screenshots, so they should ease up on the rules

Besides, who shares those on a family-friendly thing anyway? Use Facebook for that wierd stuff

However, the Nintendo Swapnote / Letter Box incident was due to strangers sending 'adult' pictures to each other, but that weren't everybody and the feature isn't in Miiverse - you can only post game screenshots, so they should ease up on the rules

Besides, who shares those on a family-friendly thing anyway? Use Facebook for that wierd stuff
That feature is in the wii u version, though. Yoi'd be surprised what people will post if allowed to.

That feature is in the wii u version, though. Yoi'd be surprised what people will post if allowed to.
Sharing pictures that you have taken of yourself? Not on Miiverse

Unless you mean Wii U Chat, I see no way how the heck somebody could share something like that actually on Miiverse

yes miiverse needs to be less strict but nintendo does not even let us post our friend code, its just so dumb it ruins the point in miiverve being a place were you make friends and if you have a miiverve your probably a gamer and need friends to play with. so wats the deal with my friend code on miiverve if i choose to let my fc out in the open then so wat i can face the pros and cons myself nintendo.
Well if you have any of the main series Pokémon games you still can put anyone on your friends list w/o putting in your friend code and that's by having a trade on the GTS and then doing some other in game interaction and you can accept them as a friend. While I have no extended knowledge on this subject (such as certain bans) but from what I'm seeing Miiverse still seems like an unwelcoming place and I'm sure tons of people post each day all the time so I can't blame em. No one wants to see a tallywacker on a Wario/Jigglypuff support thread.
no.

Miiverse have good reasons to have strict rules... Belive that it is better than having less rules
I think it's more that Nintendo doesn't want something to happen to Miiverse like that SwapNote incident. Miiverse needs a whole new revision on everything. The fact that there is no search option for posts in communities is not very good. The Admins need a reform, and the thing needs a faster loading time than it has now. Miiverse is a pretty cool site, but Nintendo needs to loosen it's grip. If they do that, it'll work much, much better and people could come back. That's my opinion, but I might be wrong.

I agree with both. Miiverse at least has a good excuse to be so careful, but what the site needs is a flip of the script. It needs the same idea, but more efficient. It's gotta be familiar and fam-friend, but it's gotta adapt to the other humans using it too.
This has to start when Nintendo quits the whole "Miiverse is a site to talk about games with gamers" argument - at this point, they should know everyone's using it for everything else. They gotta trash that line of thinking if Miiverse has any hope of improving.

I agree with both. Miiverse at least has a good excuse to be so careful, but what the site needs is a flip of the script. It needs the same idea, but more efficient. It's gotta be familiar and fam-friend, but it's gotta adapt to the other humans using it too.
This has to start when Nintendo quits the whole "Miiverse is a site to talk about games with gamers" argument - at this point, they should know everyone's using it for everything else. They gotta trash that line of thinking if Miiverse has any hope of improving.

This is what I mean. Nintendo keeps it's things very close to them with a tight grip. I'd probably go on Miiverse again if they did loosen the hold that they have on it. The only thing I really go on Miiverse to do is for my MyNintendo weekly missions, and besides that I rarely go on it. If I do go on it, it's to check the Splatoon community when Splatfests are happening. The rules that are on Miiverse are not really good for people who are older. I agree with the post that said about the 18+ Miiverse community. It sounds like a good idea. It'll help older players feel more at home when using Miiverse, rather than alienate them like it currently does.

I have had multiple inconsistencies regarding the way that my posts are handled. Half of the time, I get my posts blocked despite the fact that they don;t even have any sensitive content attached. I'm not really sure what the mods do, but they tend to ignore most of the lewd art and instead focus on whether or not I can use the word "idiotic" when describing a game.

I have had multiple inconsistencies regarding the way that my posts are handled. Half of the time, I get my posts blocked despite the fact that they don;t even have any sensitive content attached. I'm not really sure what the mods do, but they tend to ignore most of the lewd art and instead focus on whether or not I can use the word "idiotic" when describing a game.
They probably just use some automated system. Text is more likely to get noticed since a set of letters is easier to check than scanning drawings. The moderation is still terrible though. I mean damn, you even get a warning for sharing Friend Codes.
Y U BUMP DIS???

They probably just use some automated system. Text is more likely to get noticed since a set of letters is easier to check than scanning drawings. The moderation is still terrible though. I mean damn, you even get a warning for sharing Friend Codes.
Y U BUMP DIS???
Sharing friend codes is not allowwed on miiverse, which I think doommed it from the start. They didn't include support for it in the switch, so I think they might be abandonning it soon.

Sharing friend codes is not allowwed on miiverse, which I think doommed it from the start. They didn't include support for it in the switch, so I think they might be abandonning it soon.
3DS support for Miiverse wasn't initially planned, but they added it in a later system update. But then of course, the 3DS came before Wii U. Even though it's unlikely, there might still be a chance of it appearing. After all, the online service in general is pretty much still a work in progress.

Miiverse should be less strict they really get on my nerves because they make a big deal out of everything I swear I got banned just by sharing friend codes even though miiverse encourages you to make friends I used to have a lot of friend in Miiverse ,but sadly I had to abandon them because I got couldn't comment on anything so I basically got banned forever at it sucked I used to spend most of my time drawing pokemon in some threads and I had cool rps with people who really knew how to role play also I traded pokemons with people from miiverse and we used to make offers with each other just that sometimes I got scammed because I was ignorant and didn't know better also I think I only got like 4 strikes until I got banned therefore Miiverse should be less strict.

It is a great service that not only gets Nintendo fans together but allows them to share their opinions and interests. The only thing I dislike about it is all of the kids that spam Miiverse on a regular basis. It kind of reminds me of the youtube comments section... or even the IGN comments sometimes.... but sometimes even more pointless and random. The best thing about miiverse is you can get a players view of a game before you buy it and this is better than online reviews.

I really dislike how Miiverse is strict and there is no way to discuss about a erased post. I mean, the american platform does answer, contrary to the european one, but when they remark I'm from Belgium they tell me to contact my support, which never answers.

I hate how they forbid making friends, sharing codes/internet links, how only wii-u users can PM...

Once I was explaining to a friend that I used to feel bad and cut voluntary my hands to bleed, and I was explaining how this is wrong and she had to talk about her feelings before to reach that "bad feelings", they erased my massage and banned me, saying if I was feeling bad I had to talk about it to my family. I know a boy who wanted to die, they erased his message too, so I called friends to give him warm messages because he was saying no one in his family or at school cared about him, we managed to make him feel better, apparently. But seeing one's message erased and being told to "talk about it" is so contradictory, and so wrong! it make people feel even worse, and I contacted the american part of Nintendo to talk about how their rules had to be changed, they talked a lot and then wanted me to phone them, so I had to tell them I was in Belgium.

Back