• Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
PrimordialMew24

PrimordialMew24

Custom Title
Towns Folk
10mrkwo.jpg

Thank you @SunnyWindy for this beautiful Banner!

Make your Nintendo Wii U or 3DS unique in this FREE to join Event!

Decorate your Nintendo console with stickers, skins or decals. Show off who has the coolest custom designed Nintendo console.

Event runs from November 15, 2016 to December 15, 2016. Please, have all entries posted before December 15, 2016 12:00 am Pedia time.
Winners will be announced a day or two after the event's deadline.

Prizes

1st Prize
200 PC's

2nd Prize
125 PC's

3rd Prize
75 PC's​

Requirements

~Be unique, don't copy someone else.

~Be sure to add your user name to the pictures you take of your console! Not doing so, will result in a DQ'd entry!!

~Custom or premade skins, stickers or decals can be used.

~Nothing obscene or in poor taste, Forum Rules apply.

~Special edition consoles with already printed designs (ex: Fire Emblem 3DS or the Lunala & Solgaleo 3DS) are not allowed unless you play off the design and enhance it.

~Snap on or slide on protectors (for the 3DS especially) aren't allowed as no skill or thought goes into applying them.

~Stay away from spray paint or paint in general and anything else that could gunk up ports, fans and other openings on your console.

~Take clear pictures from multiple angles and put them in labeled spoilers (i.e. "Front", "Back", "Sides" & "Inside").

~Judging will be on: Uniqueness, how well the decorations are applied and intricacies of your design are all factors.

Note: Do not alter your system to the point of voiding the warranty (unless you know exactly what you're doing) doing so will not increase your chances of winning.

Example:
I'll use my 3DS as the example.
OmAlKdj.jpg

IvEzTQE.jpg
[/IMG]
IvEzTQE.jpg

JADRGSf.jpg

Minor tips for taking photos.
~Try taking the picture of your console on a solid color like a bath towel or blanket.
~Make sure the background isn't too 'busy' detracting from view of your decorated console.
~Natural daylight can help eliminate the need for a flash thus reducing glare.
~Muting the daylight with a translucent window shade or on a cloudy day can make colors seem more vibrant.

I am by no means a professional photographer. However, the tips I gave I have learned from personal experience and by observation.

Reactions: Fantivity, 423, Blue Knight and 7 others
I thought about ordering some decals for my regular N3DS but now you convenced me :p I just hope they'll arrive by 15th December :panda:

Sounds fun!

Are we allowed to draw our own ? Without the proper stuff I can't really do the inside of my 3ds but I am able to do slips for the back and front of mine given the cover I have on my 3ds is a clear protector.

This almost makes me want to spraypaint my 2DS a glossy black, as I can service it safely and without error, but I feel like I'd lose it a lot if it were black and not white, as all the furniture in my room is black or pine colored. I have the Pearl Green 2DS; maybe next time I break it, if I break it again, cool idea, Mew.

Reactions: Marc
Are we allowed to draw our own ? Without the proper stuff I can't really do the inside of my 3ds but I am able to do slips for the back and front of mine given the cover I have on my 3ds is a clear protector.

What you're asking is if you can draw on paper (or other medium) and insert the drawing behind your 3DS case/protector? If so, then yes, yes you can. As long as effort goes into creating or applying your design. :)

I don't really want an entry to do this, however, I will try to give some people inspiration.
e99c3ebba67bef1d8dc8b1c71de887a5.jpg
I hope you aren't annoyed with this!

Last edited:
I don't really want an entry to do this, however, I will try to give some people inspiration.
e99c3ebba67bef1d8dc8b1c71de887a5.jpg

I hope you aren't annoyed with this!

No, I'm not annoyed. :) Please remember to put your pictures in labeled spoilers, too everyone! Thanks!

There you go Primordial :)
And good luck guys! :thumbsup:

I would do this, but I really don't want change my 3ds. All I do get peace of paper, and make it on that, and put paper on my 3ds. So I really can't.

What you're asking is if you can draw on paper (or other medium) and insert the drawing behind your 3DS case/protector? If so, then yes, yes you can. As long as effort goes into creating or applying your design. :)
yep , that is what I was asking :) thanks . As I said those I can't do the inside but I'm able to do the outside of it . Don't worry I put effort and apply myself to each project I do . :p

Does anyone know a good place to make your own decals? (Don't say decalgirl, their payment page is USA only)

I'm so in!--but how... how can I do this,my 3ds is a bit already decorated heh

KK this may have a bit of a glare due to me not having the best camera but I hope you can see it .
Front:
15032879_1511540072195328_1677466746933232750_n.jpg

Back:
15078978_1511539882195347_4844019631749561725_n.jpg
It says : Floof the hair!

Reactions: 423, Marc, Mikaya and 1 other person
KK this may have a bit of a glare due to me not having the best camera but I hope you can see it .
Front:
15032879_1511540072195328_1677466746933232750_n.jpg

Back:
15078978_1511539882195347_4844019631749561725_n.jpg
It says : Floof the hair!

Very nice! I like how you carefully cut out places for the stylus and game card slot, attention to detail is important, too. :) Also, if it's not too late, please put you user name someplace in the picture. I know your design is original, but your user name should be in the picture as well.

Everyone: A reminder to please, put your pictures in spoilers and make sure your user name is in the picture before submitting your pictures. Thank you

I REALLY wish I could enter! But I don't AWESOME Nintendo stickers...
Why couldn't this be for badges from the Nintendo Arcade?

Reactions: 24460
Ahhh design my forte :3 I'll see if I can draw one after all if it's my own art it pleases me more ^-^
I've been planning on getting a crystal case I'm just not sure if it will be here by the last day ;-; as I'm ordering it off amazon

Last edited:
Reactions: Kakea
I'll um join if I can!

Thanks for the help Mystic!
I did create my own decals out of stickers, so I've only got a couple of main ones. I did a little bit of work on the inside, but not as much as the outside:
Outside:
Outside.jpg
Inside:
SAM_0412.JPG

PS: I might submit a new entry, since there is so much time left for the contest :p

Last edited:
I am not sure how to post my pictures in a spoilers tab, so if someone could explain to me how to do that, I will edit this post with my entry ASAP. Thanks a bundle :p!
Simple put your picture in these [.spoiler]abcdef[./spoiler]
Take the periods out and put the picture between the two where I put abcdef

Reactions: PrimordialMew24
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back