Closed Show Off Your Nintendo Console!

• Thread starter PrimordialMew24
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice! I like how you carefully cut out places for the stylus and game card slot, attention to detail is important, too. :) Also, if it's not too late, please put you user name someplace in the picture. I know your design is original, but your user name should be in the picture as well.

Everyone: A reminder to please, put your pictures in spoilers and make sure your user name is in the picture before submitting your pictures. Thank you
kk i'll do a crop to place my name in there :)

Here you go :
15123452_1486398451376065_4288053450693733701_o.jpg

Reactions: spagooti and Skyshaymin
Please, remember to be creative! You can even make your own makeshift skins and your own stickers. Just because the example is a bought skin, this doesn't prevent you from making your own decorations!

Other examples of decorating:

Bring on the bling > self sticking gems (yes, they are a type of sticker)
Sticker Star > Stickers need not be Nintendo related as long as they are in good taste.
Mark a Lot > permanent markers can also work! (maybe not on glossy surfaces so much...)
Decal Demonstrations > Rub on decals or stick on ones are fine too.

10mrkwo.jpg

Thank you @SunnyWindy for this beautiful Banner!

Make your Nintendo Wii U or 3DS unique in this FREE to join Event!

Decorate your Nintendo console with stickers, skins or decals. Show off who has the coolest custom designed Nintendo console.

Event runs from November 15, 2016 to December 15, 2016. Please, have all entries posted before December 15, 2016 12:00 am Pedia time.
Winners will be announced a day or two after the event's deadline.

Prizes

1st Prize
200 PC's

2nd Prize
125 PC's

3rd Prize
75 PC's​

Requirements

~Be unique, don't copy someone else.

~Be sure to add your user name to the pictures you take of your console! Not doing so, will result in a DQ'd entry!!

~Custom or premade skins, stickers or decals can be used.

~Nothing obscene or in poor taste, Forum Rules apply.

~Special edition consoles with already printed designs (ex: Fire Emblem 3DS or the Lunala & Solgaleo 3DS) are not allowed unless you play off the design and enhance it.

~Snap on or slide on protectors (for the 3DS especially) aren't allowed as no skill or thought goes into applying them.

~Stay away from spray paint or paint in general and anything else that could gunk up ports, fans and other openings on your console.

~Take clear pictures from multiple angles and put them in labeled spoilers (i.e. "Front", "Back", "Sides" & "Inside").

~Judging will be on: Uniqueness, how well the decorations are applied and intricacies of your design are all factors.

Note: Do not alter your system to the point of voiding the warranty (unless you know exactly what you're doing) doing so will not increase your chances of winning.

Example:
I'll use my 3DS as the example.
OmAlKdj.jpg

IvEzTQE.jpg
[/IMG]
IvEzTQE.jpg

JADRGSf.jpg

Minor tips for taking photos.
~Try taking the picture of your console on a solid color like a bath towel or blanket.
~Make sure the background isn't too 'busy' detracting from view of your decorated console.
~Natural daylight can help eliminate the need for a flash thus reducing glare.
~Muting the daylight with a translucent window shade or on a cloudy day can make colors seem more vibrant.

I am by no means a professional photographer. However, the tips I gave I have learned from personal experience and by observation.
What if we paint our protective case
and make it different

What if we paint our protective case
and make it different

That would be fine as long as you put in effort. I can understand if you or others don't want to make a permanent decorations to you systems.

That would be fine as long as you put in effort. I can understand if you or others don't want to make a permanent decorations to you systems.
ok thanks,I just drop my ds a lot and just want to paint it

Welp. Time for me to make my 2DS look like a Switch. :^)

Reactions: 24460
Are we allowed to make a digital edit (using our own artwork) too? I don't want to make any permanent changes to my 3DS that glue gets so sticky. :-/

Reactions: Livada and 24460
Are we allowed to make a digital edit (using our own artwork) too? I don't want to make any permanent changes to my 3DS that glue gets so sticky. :-/

As long as you use your original art work to decorate your console. It does not need to be permanent or glued on. May be something like what @Major did, creating an original work of art and putting it between the 3DS and a clear case.

As long as you use your original art work to decorate your console. It does not need to be permanent or glued on. May be something like what @Major did, creating an original work of art and putting it between the 3DS and a clear case.
I don't have a clear case (there aren't many for the XL) but I have enough inspiration. I'll get to work.

Okay! I made my entry! If I have more spare time I'll make the back and insides too, but this one already took hours.
3DS.png
If I had the money to make a custom decal skin, this is what it would look like. This is a digital edit of a handrawn design.I used light colours and pastels on one side and greytones on the other, to create a contrast between the white castle and the void of space. I hope you like it! ^.^
photo_2016-11-21_20-51-20.jpg
This is the original drawing. In the bottom right corner is my signature. (So you know this is my own artwork)

Okay! I made my entry! If I have more spare time I'll make the back and insides too, but this one already took hours.
View attachment 15702
If I had the money to make a custom decal skin, this is what it would look like. This is a digital edit of a handrawn design.I used light colours and pastels on one side and greytones on the other, to create a contrast between the white castle and the void of space. I hope you like it! ^.^
View attachment 15701
This is the original drawing. In the bottom right corner is my signature. (So you know this is my own artwork)

Most excellent! This contest is all about creativity and using your mind to develop a design!

EVERYONE: Creativity is key. If you have custom design ideas for this contest you aren't strictly limited to glue and stickers. Run your idea by me and I'll see if it qualifies, most likely it will if you put in effort and creativity in your decorating process.

Reactions: PersonSP
Most excellent! This contest is all about creativity and using your mind to develop a design!

EVERYONE: Creativity is key. If you have custom design ideas for this contest you aren't strictly limited to glue and stickers. Run your idea by me and I'll see if it qualifies, most likely it will if you put in effort and creativity in your decorating process.
Thanks! :3

Daaang iiitttttt
I don't have thin enough paper to trace where the buttons are on my 2DS to cut them out. ;-;

Daaang iiitttttt
I don't have thin enough paper to trace where the buttons are on my 2DS to cut them out. ;-;
Plan A: Do you have coloured paper? Get a tiny bit of flour (use extremely little!!) and put it on the buttons. Take your paper a use the tiniest bit of water so it gets just a little damp. Carefully lower the paper on your 2DS. Raise again and you can see where your buttons where. you can then cut them out and retrace on any paper you like.

Plan B: Search for a high quality frontal image of your 2DS. Download it. Open in paint and scale so it's exactly the size of your real 2DS. Put your paper against the monitor and put the monitor on maximum brightness. You should be able to trace the image. (Careful! Don't use too much pressure. If possible, use markers so you don't have to press your paper at all.)

Good luck!

Reactions: PrimordialMew24
Anymore entries? There's a little over two weeks to submit your project!

probably wont look as good, but i guess i can put a riolu decal on my 2ds. (I don't have a case so I really hope I don't screw this up.)

Reactions: PersonSP
Under two weeks to submit your entry! There are only three entries so far. Remember creativity and or effort are key, if you have any questions please ask me @PrimordialMew24 or ask in this thread. As long you apply and or create your entry it should be good to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back