Skype for the Nintendo 3DS

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Would you like to see Microsoft release a Skype app for the Nintendo 3DS?

Yeah, it'd be great for a lot of people even though I don't use Skype - the 3DS has everything Skype could require.
I doubt Microsoft would though.

"So Microsoft bought Skype for $6 billion. Idiots... they could have downloaded it for free!"

:p

Reactions: JayRawrTiz and 532
Would you like to see Microsoft release a Skype app for the Nintendo 3DS?
God, stop stealing my thread ideas!! :punch::punch::punch:
On topic: Totally, I'd love too see Skype on 3DS. I use it daily, specially for video calling my brother in another country. It'd put the front camera of the 3DS to a better use.

Mmm... Yes, why not?

I wouldn't want it on my 3DS. Maybe it's because I already have Skype on my computer and it really wouldn't be necessary. In terms of video calling, I don't think the quality of the 3DS camera would be good for a Skype application. I highly doubt will happen, but I still think I wouldn't want it.

Now...if I had no computer and only a 3DS for communication, I probably would have wanted it.

I would love Skype on a 3ds mainly because my phone doesn't has skype and the 3ds is portable so that will come in handy.

Skype on 3DS would be great not just because of easy access but freaking people out because you're talking to a machine and it's replying. :giggle:

Well, I just realized that Skype may never be coming to 3DS because it's owned by Microsoft and they're putting it on Xbox One. Why would they release it for another console? They won't.

Well, I just realized that Skype may never be coming to 3DS because it's owned by Microsoft and they're putting it on Xbox One. Why would they release it for another console? They won't.

PSP - PS3 - PSVita - PS4 :whistle:

Reactions: Chief
PSP - PS3 - PSVita - PS4 :whistle:
Woah! they do have Skype! Maybe, that was before Microsoft's acquisition of the company! :D Well, who knows maybe it will make its way to 3DS as well.

Hopefully! It's be really awsome!

I'd love to have Skype. I use it all the time, and it'd be interesting to use it on my DS. :)

Woah! they do have Skype! Maybe, that was before Microsoft's acquisition of the company! :D Well, who knows maybe it will make its way to 3DS as well.
PS4 is post-acquisition lol. Vita is after IIRC but Skype is intended to be their cross-platform communications solution.

Maybe if they add Steam or Steam-like system to the 3DS maybe all of our needs will be fulfilled. Records of gameplay and etc. (Activity Log), achievments, screenshots, in game chat / voice chat, friends, browser and etc.

It would be a wonderful addition! I really mean it! Skype is used by millions people all over the world, so Nintendo could take advantage of it. It will encourage more persons to buy it and then playing games while talking with their friends or with fellow team members. For example, when I go to an Internet Cafe, I see many people talking for their League of Legends match. It would be great if we could do the same in our Nintendos, right?

Reactions: Reece
Skype would make an excellent addition to the 3DS! As said by Mr.Panos, "It will encourage more persons to buy it and then playing games while talking with their friends or with fellow team members." It would be great for everyone and it would better the market for the manufacturers.

Sincerely , and secretly, I want any free app on 3DS :p Even though I don't use Skype that's pretty good idea! I could actually make me use Skype more. :p But I dunno since it's from Microsoft...

Sincerely , and secretly, I want any free app on 3DS :p Even though I don't use Skype that's pretty good idea! I could actually make me use Skype more. :p But I dunno since it's from Microsoft...
Same here, if the Skype app does come to the Nintendo 3DS, I would actually make an account, I think more people would start using Skype if that were to be the case.

Yeah , I would be glad if only Microsoft decides to creates a Skype app for the 3DS instead of having to use a phone , you could use your 3DS instead :p

Reactions: Reece
Back