Skype for the Nintendo 3DS

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Yeah , I would be glad if only Microsoft decides to creates a Skype app for the 3DS instead of having to use a phone , you could use your 3DS instead :p
I agree, also the PS Vita has Skype why can't the 3DS :thumbsdown:

Reactions: JunZhi
Skype on the 3DS would be cool, but it would be slow if you want to chat. It is much harder to type on the 3DS than on a phone. Also, the 3Ds camera is not as good as my webcam or iPhone, so I might as well use those rather than the 3DS. I would never use it, but it is a cool concept.

While the idea of having more software that makes the 3DS an increasingly versatile machine is appealing I don't think I would use Skype. I would definitely love to see how they would implement it, though.

Skype on the 3DS would be cool, but it would be slow if you want to chat. It is much harder to type on the 3DS than on a phone. Also, the 3Ds camera is not as good as my webcam or iPhone, so I might as well use those rather than the 3DS. I would never use it, but it is a cool concept.

You are wise. Your words are wise. And above those things, your profile picture selection was wise. ;)

You are wise. Your words are wise. And above those things, your profile picture selection was wise. ;)
I am sure i am. I try my best to be the wisest in all of Hyrule, as wisdom, courage, and power is what i need to achieve.

We could hope, but Microsoft would never do it because that would mean helping make one of its rival videogame companies make its handheld system more competitive :p

We could hope, but Microsoft would never do it because that would mean helping make one of its rival videogame companies make its handheld system more competitive :p
So why give the PS Vita the feature?

So why give the PS Vita the feature?
Wait, are you serious? They actually did that?? Hm...perhaps they wanted to side with Sony implicitly and indirectly support sales there to take away from Nintendo (but even then it doesn't make much sense). I mean, Microsoft has no handheld of its own as far as I know.

Reactions: Danny
Wait, are you serious? They actually did that?? Hm...perhaps they wanted to side with Sony implicitly and indirectly support sales there to take away from Nintendo (but even then it doesn't make much sense). I mean, Microsoft has no handheld of its own as far as I know.
It sucks, also if the 3DS had Skype, I think there will be more users on the software, I don't think Microsoft will lose out on anything, they don't even have a handheld on the market, so it won't add to much competition, I understand that the different companies are currently battling for which is the best console, I don't think Skype on the 3DS would contribute much to that battle, also the PS Vita camera is not that great (better than the 3DS, but by a thin margin) I think it would be fair to get that app on the 3DS. Well played Sony...

It sucks, also if the 3DS had Skype, I think there will be more users on the software, I don't think Microsoft will lose out on anything, they don't even have a handheld on the market, so it won't add to much competition, I understand that the different companies are currently battling for which is the best console, I don't think Skype on the 3DS would contribute much to that battle, also the PS Vita camera is not that great (better than the 3DS, but by a thin margin) I think it would be fair to get that app on the 3DS. Well played Sony...
Yeah, makes sense. It's all probably business politics anyway. On a side note, it's business politics that likely led to Sonic Lost Worlds being a Nintendo exclusive game :p

Woah! they do have Skype! Maybe, that was before Microsoft's acquisition of the company! :D Well, who knows maybe it will make its way to 3DS as well.

They could integrate it with the Nintendo Network. Like if you don't have a skype account and you download the app you can choose "Sign In With Skype" "Sign Up with Skype (This will just give you a link to go to on your computer)" and "Sign up with Nintendo Network ID". The way that would work would just be that it takes your Nintendo Network username and password and copies the same username and password into a skype username and pass

The only console I could see Skype possibly working for is the Wii U. I mean, they couldn't even manage a YouTube app for 3DS that worked without problems...I'd imagine Skype would be harder

The only console I could see Skype possibly working for is the Wii U. I mean, they couldn't even manage a YouTube app for 3DS that worked without problems...I'd imagine Skype would be harder
The reasons are actually , if they can't play a video that is already processed onto the internet which is youtube that is very long means they can't have skype , might be due to the console ? Cause skype is as of current.

The reasons are actually , if they can't play a video that is already processed onto the internet which is youtube that is very long means they can't have skype , might be due to the console ? Cause skype is as of current.
uhh can you try saying that in other words? I'm really confused what you're trying to say and the message seems a bit all over the place to be honest

I meant if you call people on skype it will happen currently and a video on youtube is already there not like skype it's really kind of hard to explain : l

I suppose it couldn't hurt, but it would immediately get disabled due to immature people showing "things" on video chat.

Although the immature people wouldn't be able to show "things" on video chat if the 3DS couldn't handle a working Skype app in the first place...

They barely managed YouTube, let alone thinking of using Skype

It will amazing if nintendo realises Skype for nintendo as I use Skype that often to talk my relatives and friends. It will great if nintendo realises Skype as nintendo also inner camera too but I think nintendo will not launch Skype because nintendo has given a heading of gaming Console If Skype will launch it becomes phone like stuff.

Skype is a great idea for Nintendo 3DS and so I wish it would come to 3ds because I use it almost everyday, it will most likely never come to 3ds. I mean first of all its owned by Microsoft so... Good luck with that. Seconed even if it did come on Nintendo 3ds, I have a feeling Nintendo is gonna but a ban because of "Inappropriate material " just like what they did with Swapnote and Put a paid service for Flipnot Hantena 3Ds for Japan because of "Inappropriate Material"

I think that would be great but I don't really think Nintendo expects you know .... kids to have Skype and all that and bad things may happen like in Swapnote . But on the other hand it is a very very good idea and I would approve it . Another thing is that Microsoft doesn't really affiliate with Nintendo alot so that odds are pretty low and overall I e=wouldn't see something like that happen , knowing Nintendo ofc

Back