Skype for the Nintendo 3DS

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
If Skype was available on 3DS, I'd probably use it daily, but yeah... it's now a Microsoft product and Nintendo isn't too keen on apps that allow us to chat with everyone, and for free, since Swap Note =( Which is a shame, really...

Yes it would be a great addition to the 3ds. Skype is on many electronics, why not the 3ds? I think I would use Skype more because it is on my 3ds. They should add 3d to it and you could talk to the person in 3d. That would be cool.

Hm, not really. It's probably because I already have Skype on my other devices with bigger screens like a phone and a computer. Also I think it would really make my 3ds cpu lag. I have pretty fast internet yet when I use miiverse or internet browser on. My 3ds it is very slow so Skype might be even slower

Yes it would be a great addition to the 3ds. Skype is on many electronics, why not the 3ds? I think I would use Skype more because it is on my 3ds. They should add 3d to it and you could talk to the person in 3d. That would be cool.
3D wouldn't work with Skype since it would obviously not use the two cameras on the back of the 3DS but the only one camera on the inside, which doesn't allow 3D.

I would definitely like to see Skype on the 3DS. I mean, it's perfect: It has a touchscreen keyboard, back and front-facing cameras, as well as a built-in microphone. If Microsoft would provide Sony with Skype for their handhelds and consoles, then why not the 3DS? The PSP, PS4, and PS Vita have it :/

I wouldn't use it, I have it on my phone. Plus, the 3DS camera sucks and you'd have to be on WiFi in order to use it.

Reactions: 3823
The 3ds camera sucks ;-; That's the sole reason I wouldn't use it >.<

If the 3ds had a better camera, I'd probably use it to save my phones battery/ multitask when I'm not using one item or the other. They should do that for the next handheld and add a better camera. please we need it

Reactions: 3391 and Iridium Winter
The 3ds camera sucks ;-; That's the sole reason I wouldn't use it >.<

If the 3ds had a better camera, I'd probably use it to save my phones battery/ multitask when I'm not using one item or the other. They should do that for the next handheld and add a better camera. please we need it
True. Does anyone happen to know if the NN3ds one is better?

True. Does anyone happen to know if the NN3ds one is better?
The lighting is supposed to be a little better iirc. It ain't a vast improvement, though.

The 3ds camera has so dark photos and such blur a broken webcam is better than that.
Plus, I bet the app will be quite slow to use (like the youtube app is slow in everything except in showing videos)
Id rather use my computer. My father uses a lot of skype he won't touch the 3ds because of the camera and the slow functioning

Reactions: Iridium Winter
Yeah, I think Skype would be a good idea, but since Microsoft is a competing company i don't think its gonna happen.

Back