Solution to Piracy

• Thread starter ErixSan
  • Start date
Yes. Technology evolves, but too fast.
clearly. And as console and PC technology evolves fast, emulator technology too evolves fast to make up for the advancements they have to reach

What will it look like in 25 years... Sci-Fi films will become a reality ! (Starts thinking...) Perhaps that the "future" Nintendo will release the... 4DS ? Or even the 5DS ?

Reactions: ShinyLatios
What will it look like in 25 years... Sci-Fi films will become a reality ! (Starts thinking...) Perhaps that the "future" Nintendo will release the... 4DS ? Or even the 5DS ?
Who's to say it'll even be a DS? It could be a multiscreen thing by then (a PORTABLE one!). If technology keeps advancing the way it is, who knows how epic it could be

Who's to say it'll even be a DS? It could be a multiscreen thing by then (a PORTABLE one!). If technology keeps advancing the way it is, who knows how epic it could be
Yes, definitely. And anti-piracy will evolve even more. (I guess to the point where we will need a 1024 characters long key to activate a software)

Yes, definitely. And anti-piracy will evolve even more. (I guess to the point where we will need a 1024 characters long key to activate a software)
LOL, 1024-character key sounds hilarious to me.

Perhaps not so much, finally, but something like that, so hackers would have trouble with that kind of encryption.

Perhaps not so much, finally, but something like that, so hackers would have trouble with that kind of encryption.
That would be more trouble for the consumer than for the hacker honestly. It'd also hurt sales. I think some kind of encrypted scan code that can send the insanely huge number instead may be a way to go?

That would be more trouble for the consumer than for the hacker honestly. It'd also hurt sales. I think some kind of encrypted scan code that can send the insanely huge number instead may be a way to go?

I didn't thought about that ! Or forcing a QR code that contains the key and is re-generated on each package.

And its activation would be when you have paid the game in the supermarket. (Just like the eShop Codes)

Piracy will be there for a long time... If you try to stop it it will just find it's way around, Streetpass updating would be a complete fail, If I passed someone to quickly but the update already initiated then I would probably have to wait until I pass another person with the newer version to update.

I didn't thought about that ! Or forcing a QR code that contains the key and is re-generated on each package.

And its activation would be when you have paid the game in the supermarket. (Just like the eShop Codes)
well, maybe re-generated isn't the best idea given that if it was the same people would post it on the internet. Also, perhaps if it had some kind of hidden watermark in there that no one knew about but the game system did to ensure legitimacy?

By re-generating, I would say, generating a different key on each package. I know that if you use a simple key, everybody will post it over the Internet !

By re-generating, I would say, generating a different key on each package. I know that if you use a simple key, everybody will post it over the Internet !
oh like that. Yeah, that makes more sense haha Although that's not to say that overtime they couldn't just regenerate some of the used codes without the consumers knowing

oh like that. Yeah, that makes more sense haha Although that's not to say that overtime they couldn't just regenerate some of the used codes without the consumers knowing

Why not using the same trick as pre-paid cards ? They mainly use a software that, upon generation, check for the code in a database. If it's not taken, then it confirms the code !

Why not using the same trick as pre-paid cards ? They mainly use a software that, upon generation, check for the code in a database. If it's not taken, then it confirms the code !
Oh, yeah that works too. In terms of the regenerating thing, that's just for if they ever end up running out of numbers haha They could do it like the prepaid codes (although aren't there some 3DS prepaid card generators out there...?)

Oh, yeah that works too. In terms of the regenerating thing, that's just for if they ever end up running out of numbers haha They could do it like the prepaid codes (although aren't there some 3DS prepaid card generators out there...?)

Pre-paids card gens are just viruses. And why they would run out of codes, they mainly use a letters + numbers key.

Pre-paids card gens are just viruses. And why they would run out of codes, they mainly use a letters + numbers key.
I'm just saying that if the console for whatever reason ended up lasting the equivalent of multiple console gens they're bound to run out eventually. It's unlikely that they'd run out quickly but you never knwo

Well, let's see. We have a complex algorithm, letters selected from developers' name (joke), and numbers from 0 to 9.
How many possibilities it makes ? You have 4 hours (Copying the teachers at university during a math test. PS: I'm not in university, now, but I'll be there in 3 years.)

Well, let's see. We have a complex algorithm, letters selected from developers' name (joke), and numbers from 0 to 9.
How many possibilities it makes ? You have 4 hours (Copying the teachers at university during a math test. PS: I'm not in university, now, but I'll be there in 3 years.)
Yeah true. The possibilities are unlikely to be exhausted any time soon; I was just saying IF the possibilities happened to somehow get exhausted

Yes, that's however theorically possible. But I guess that we have over 4.000.000 (at least) possibilities !

Reactions: ShinyLatios
Back