Super Smash Bros Screenshot Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
The Tomodachi stage just looks so fun now! It gives even more strategies to the player, that's nice (like hiding lots of traps behind walls, as Sakurai said), but it's also good to have stages that are on both WiiU and 3DS versions of the game.

So, these pics of the days are great. Thanks, @Reece! (Also, you can embed Miiverse posts now, so, you won't need to re-upload the images.)

19 seconds in, Fox confirmed.

Wait... Wasn't Fox confirmed since the beginning :confused: ? Wow.

Until now, nope. It's not much of a surprise though, especially with the new Star Fox game coming.

Its obvious they would add fox to smash bros. 3ds/wii u. He is 1 of the originals.

Here's the menu of the 3DS version of SSB4! (PS: I might change the message, since I'll be trying to embed a Miiverse message, so, if it doesn't show up correctly, I'll re-upload it.)
Here it is, the 3DS Menu of SSB4:

Sanstitre_zps718bf518.png

What are your thoughts about it ?

Reactions: 423
Here's the menu of the 3DS version of SSB4! (PS: I might change the message, since I'll be trying to embed a Miiverse message, so, if it doesn't show up correctly, I'll re-upload it.)

Looks really similar to Kid Icarus uprising's, which IMO is quite decent. I'm gonna see a heckofalotof this in the future.

LMAO! Fox was confirmed ever since the first SSB4 video was out.
The Tomodachi Life stage is like the Luigi's Mansion stage in SSBB which was okay and it had a lot of platforms and I'm not sure if there's going to be walls you can destroy. A decent competitive choice but I can see why this one wouldn't be chosen as a competitive stage but more of a fun one.
The 3DS menu looks neat and simplified a lot. Not sure what will be in "Games and More" but that sounds like "Vault" sort of things and options. Wonder what "Challenge" is.

Wait, I don't understand why it was hard to make (Sakurai's last sentence). Besides that, this game is shaping up to be a lot of fun. I guess the red icon "Smash" will be for single player, so I'm really interested in seeing what that's all about. From what I understand, the game won't have a story like Subspace Emissary, but does anyone know what it will have? (I think just playing regular smash brothers against AI would get a bit tiring if there wasn't something else.

Wait, I don't understand why it was hard to make (Sakurai's last sentence). Besides that, this game is shaping up to be a lot of fun. I guess the red icon "Smash" will be for single player, so I'm really interested in seeing what that's all about. From what I understand, the game won't have a story like Subspace Emissary, but does anyone know what it will have? (I think just playing regular smash brothers against AI would get a bit tiring if there wasn't something else.
Because...*Makes meme* he didn't want to include any spoilers about the game modes. Like I said I have no idea what "Challenge" is so that would be a spoiler.

sakurai_post_zps92eb9c83.png

Here's the latest post, published two hours ago by Sakurai. That game has way too many references now.

That sounds OP if it brings the character out of the stage boundaries 100% of the time. Oh wait... its an item. Btw those Villager's are clearly evil forcing DK to his death (by an arcade cousin/rival?).

Reactions: D4rkDragon
sakurai_post_zps92eb9c83.png

Here's the latest post, published two hours ago by Sakurai. That game has way too many references now.
That female villager scares me every-time, and as Artisan said, it's clearly OP, but I'm sure it'll have some sort of restrictions.

(BTW: Does the Miiverse Embedded Posts work? :sorry: )

I love it!! Kinda interested on the "Wii U" part there, and the "Games & More", I think they did a fantastic job with the lower screen (touch screen) as well!

zlCfzSNeUCcxY_WGy5

That female villager scares me every-time, and as Artisan said, it's clearly OP, but I'm sure it'll have some sort of restrictions.

(BTW: Does the Miiverse Embedded Posts work? :sorry: )

Yes, you can shoot the item to destroy it, and avoid the KO, and, no the "Embed Message" option doesn't work, since it produces HTML code and not BBCode, who is used by the forum.

Yes, you can shoot the item to destroy it, and avoid the KO, and, no the "Embed Message" option doesn't work, since it produces HTML code and not BBCode, who is used by the forum.
Ah, thanks, I tried it a few times and didn't get it to work, so I didn't know what was wrong. :bag:.

Reactions: D4rkDragon

why is there the wiiu thing at the bottom? does that mean that we can battle from 3ds-wiiu?

No, it's likely for transferring character data (like custom moves gotten from Smash Run that are set on your characters) since that compatibility has been implied in the past.

Looks like the Daybreak from Kid Icarus is coming to Smash Bros. I like the item because it takes time and effort to get, but pays off nicely with a guaranteed kill if you hit someone.

"Pic of the day. Look at these three radiant pieces... Yup, you guessed it! It's another combinable item like the Dragoon-the Daybreak." - Sakurai

468px-ZlCfzSQ0HAk8p4-4eU.jpg

I'm not sure if the Dragoon will be in this game and I want to know how you would aim the Daybreak as well if it's like Lucario's old Final Smash or like Samus'. There is a lot of KI:U items in SSB4 already (Ore Club, Drill Arm, Magnus Assist Trophy) so perhaps there could be one more KI:U character however it might not be in Sakurai's best interest since there are only 3 of those games.

Still though, Kid Icarus Uprising is a popular 3DS game and I think the more representation it gets in Smash Bros, the greater the chance more Kid Icarus games are released. I think in terms of characters, Pit and Palutena are enough. Dark Pit could be a skin of Pit and Hades could be a boss-type enemy. The universe doesn't have many characters to begin with.

Back