Super Smash Bros Screenshot Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
smash_bros_for_3ds_screen_june_3.jpg

"Some stages have been shrunk down and made into trophies, like this one of Tortimer Island for the 3DS version. I wish I could have a figurine like this in real life."
"I wish I could have a figurine like this in real life." I smell NFC for Super Smash Bros. 3DS....

Reactions: 3dsatackman
awh, that's cute. Never heard of an entire stage as a trophy. Nice to try new things I guess. :p

Umm. What rock have you been living under? :p Plenty of stages have their own trophy like the Final Destination stage, Fountain of Dreams stage, and the Luigi's Mansion stage. Not sure what "entire stage" means doe.

smash_bros_for_wii_u_screenshot_june_5.jpg

"Brewster brings The Roost back to Smash Bros. Nothing beats watching a battle of famous fighters with a freshly brewed cup of coffee."
Nothing new here, just a stage prop.

162640_174328235918658_1569704_n.jpg
While I was FBing, my friend brought up a pic that I got from our SSBB in our Wii 4 years ago lol
I'll try extracting more pics from our SSBB tomorrow lol

zlCfzSBxUtA6fpIWxf-656x369.jpg
"Remember the video that introduced Greninja joining the battle? Every Pokémon that appeared in that video will make some kind of appearance in Super Smash Bros! By the way, here’s one of the Pokémon that didn’t make an appearance in that video–Meloetta. Its vocal attacks reflect off land forms, so they’ll be especially effective in a closed environment."

What do you think?​

It's not much of a surprise that E3 is in a few hours, and this is Sakurai's first few screenshots, I'm surprised he reveal a new stage today!
zl_Cfz_SCAr3w88_Pi_R_H.jpg

New Super Mario Bros. 2 is a game where you collect tons of coins. Thus, it’s only natural that many coins will appear in this stage… Wait, is this really Super Smash Bros??

zl_Cfz_SCAs_Mcwgkg7_U_300x180.jpg

If you collect 100 coins, you transform into a gold fighter! For a short period of time, your attack power will increase and you won’t flinch when you receive attacks. This unique stage’s name is Golden Plains and it’s exclusive to the 3DS version.
Woah! Let me know what you think, I'm just surprised that he chose today to bring out this news, and this stage looks AWESOME.

Reactions: ErixSan, Dexter and MMMs
That stage looks awesome! I'm glad they've decided to offer more exclusives like that for each game, offers a lot more variety for the people who purchase both. ^^

Pretty sweet. Maybe in the game you unlock a certain item/ Soundtrack/ trophy if you collect a certain amount of coins. And can you get gold more than once? This will certainly add some strategy to the game.

This stage looks fun. I'm looking forward to play it online when the game will be out.
But, is that me or, is the gold form basically the metal form without the gravity malus + a boost for the attack ?

I am glad they are adding some more variety to this game. I am getting kinda tired of just plain matches. This stage, along with Smash Run should make this an awesome Super Smash Bros. game.

Do you have to give you're Mii a specific power when playing?

zl_Cfz_SD6_O_c_PAt_Ris4.jpg

Here’s a new mini-game that’s quite a bit different from Coin Launcher in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It’s called Trophy Rush! The details…will be kept secret for now.
:eek: We saw a little bit of this in the E3 Trailer, and it looked pretty fun, I think you'll have to search "crates" for the trophies in a certain amount of time? :unsure:

Reminds me of that Melee minigame (slightly, maybe just because of the title) you play during classic mode where you hit trophies into a cup. Bet this game will be in classic mode too. Will there still be target smash/boss rush? We'll have to wait and see.

zl_Cfz_SFJhq8_Wts9z_Y.jpg

"Is this a match made in heaven? Remember, no matter how big you may be, there is always someone bigger."

I don't know what to make of Sakurai's riddles, it seems he is teasing Ridley fans again. :panda:

zl_Cfz_SFZD20lxf4hs5_656x369.jpg

"Here’s Link in an outfit based on his ordinary clothes in Skyward Sword! The art style looks a little different, but the actual clothing model is still his usual tunic."

All I have to say is Link looks amazing, I can't believe just a change in colors could make the entire outfit look different.

I haven't updated this in a while :bag: So there is a lot of screenshots to be shared! Here we go:
zl_Cfz_SH4_I_w3_VRlhd_N.jpg

Pic of the day. Pac-Maze is a stage exclusive to the 3DS version, created in the Pac-Man motif. If you eat 100 Pac-Dots, Power Pellets will appear in your color.

zl_Cfz_SH4_Jk_Y_5_Gr_W90.jpg

If you eat a Power Pellet, the monsters will become vulnerable and you can defeat them just by touching them. An important point is that the monsters will become vulnerable only on your screen, which means that they can still damage your opponents!! This is one of the unique game features only possible in the 3DS version.

zl_Cfz_SHa4u8w2qze_Ch.jpg

Pic of the day. The Mii Gunner in his suit. Looking sharp! The arm cannon's design will change depending on the outfit, but the attacks and projectiles will be the same.

zl_Cfz_SHp5to4_BWWq_J0.jpg

Pic of the day. Mega Man.EXE and Mega Man Volnutt!! They only appear for a split second, but the modeling is so detailed. And if that's the case…!
zl_Cfz_SHp5905t_PGIt5.jpg

...How can we not use it for trophy creation?! Today's update is a rare mix of Wii U and 3DS images in the same post.

zl_Cfz_SG6_nczmqw_KS4.jpg

Pic of the day. Here's a Poppant, an enemy that appeared in the previous game in this series. Poppants will appear in Smash Run, scampering around as they drop a variety of items.

zl_Cfz_SG7_ACMPxs3_VMV.jpg

There are other bonus characters that appear in this game, too. Here's an Iridescent Glint Beetle from the Pikmin series. Keep hitting it!! Keep hitting it for gold!!

zl_Cfz_SHLYekn_TJ_uh_A.jpg

Pic of the day. The pink sweatshirt looks really cool on Little Mac, so you can use that outfit in this game… How can a pink sweatshirt look so cool?

zlCfzSF2u8gDHswnsA

Pic of the day. Here's Nabbit, who appears in the Mushroom Kingdom U stage. You can't see him, but Luigi is inside Nabbit's bag.
Phew, that was a lot. I had to hot-link the Nabbit image, because my album was getting too big (gonna make a new one in a while) Let me know what you think!

Reactions: D4rkDragon
The Pac-Man level looks so fun ! I'm looking forward to play it on the 3DS. Also, why do I think that the Mii Gunner's Gun looks like Mega Man's gun (look at the arm)?

I think the Pac Man stage is great. If there was a way to turn the hazards off then it would be like an advanced version of battlefield which can mean more room for air combos. The Mii Gunner's arm cannon is in the same location as Mega Man's but they look nothing alike style wise. I think the Mii gunner will have weapons similar to Mega Man's and Samus' but with basic attacks having major differences. I'm guessing the skins like Little Mac's will be unlockable. So far Little Mac has the best skins around (Wire Frame and Pink Training Outfit).

I can't quite remember if in a trailer they showed this Tomadachi Life stage, but here it is:

zl_Cfz_SNLov_Yq93g28c.jpg

"Pic of the day. This is the Tomodachi Life stage that's exclusive to the 3DS version! The front walls of the apartments disappear so you can see the area within when a fighter overlaps with the room. The rooms are randomly placed and selected from among several types. Planting an X Bomb behind a wall might be an effective tactic."

"You might run into a Mii living in the room! The Mii characters are taken from the data in your 3DS system, so you could find your friends living in the apartments."
zl_Cfz_SNLp_Bk_GD95_Fjk.jpg

I'd also like to give this stage a notice, because I don't think we've seen the 3DS version of it before, only the Wii U:

zl_Cfz_SM5s_PUu_Qz_Gp4_V.jpg

"Pic of the day. In general, there are completely different stages in the 3DS and Wii U version, but we made Wily Castle and the special boxing ring available for both versions! We didn't forget the Yellow Devil either. There may be some small differences in the stages, such as the 3DS stage appearing to be during daylight hours."

Reactions: D4rkDragon
I may be late to say this, but it's nice that they have the Legends version of MegaMan.EXE :D

Back