Sword Art Online II - Is it still fun to watch or it's too different from the original

• Thread starter Kakea
  • Start date

I love the theme songs for Sword art is the new season exiting too or?

• Total voters
Kakea

Kakea

Survivor
Towns Folk
I saw Sword Art Online II is airing except it's about guns.Is it still fun to watch or it's too different from the original?

It's different from the original, sure, but being in a world with guns, and bringing up some painful past experiences makes it a darker anime. It's different, but still fun to watch. kthxbye

Reactions: Kaynil and Kakea
I agree with the above. Also, and this is just my opinion, but I think the second season not only meets the standard of the first season, but surpasses it easily. I am talking about both of the first story arcs, btw. :cat:

I agree with the above. Also, and this is just my opinion, but I think the second season not only meets the standard of the first season, but surpasses it easily. I am talking about both of the first story arcs, btw. :cat:
Oh God, yeah. I loved the story of SAO II. Loved it so much that I had to read the light novel, and I have to say that the anime is following the novel perfectly.

Reactions: Neofang64
Oh God, yeah. I loved the story of SAO II. Loved it so much that I had to read the light novel, and I have to say that the anime is following the novel perfectly.
Let's just hope the anime continues to do so. :)

Sword Art Online II started off slow, but after a couple of episodes, I couldn't help but watch each episode consecutively. So yeah, even though they're different, it's still fun to watch in my opinion.

I watched last weekend:so far it does seem as exiting/entertaing as the first seasons! I was happy to see Kirito and Asuna were back,someone told me before they switched them out for somebody else...

To me it's hard to say. But I do know that the spinoff arcs may bring the series a little down because they don't have anything life taking in those arcs.

To me it's hard to say. But I do know that the spinoff arcs may bring the series a little down because they don't have anything life taking in those arcs.
I don't recall any spin-off arcs. Pretty sure it followed the light novel, almost word-from-word. Though I might've forgotten something?

Is there a app for the novel?

No not really imo. I was a huge fan of sword art online season one and it was on my top anime list. I was really hyped for the second season as well but was very dissapointed. I watched till epi 12 or so then abandoned it. The plot was wayy too slow paced and they tried to sttretch everything out. Dont think its fun to watch at all

Reactions: Kakea
Me and bros try to watch,it seemed like no one cared about the series at that point.They seemed to only make for money then make copy paste generic plot afterward..... we tried to watch but end up only watching One Piece instead of both

I've always loved SAO from the very beginning and it's pretty obvious that there's gonna be a 3rd season if you read the novels and followed the arcs. You know honestly i'm scared to say i like SAO to anime websites or at cons because there are so much haters out there it's not even funny. I think that SAO II was so amazing and i loved every bit of it. I also believe that in the 3rd season it's focused more on fighting.

Haters!? I love the first season but the 2nd got really boring compared to the first,I don't hate it.I only wish that the other seasons can catch the same excitement as the first one!

I loved the first season *coughcough my profile pic coughcough* and thought that season 2 was good... until the Mother's Rosario arc. Haters gonna hate, but I really don't care about Asuna's personal, IRL life. It's called Sword Art Online for a reason, after all.

Reactions: Kakea and shanic132
Now for my too be honest, I dont like Sword art online 2, I didnt even like the first sword art online that much, the first season of it was okay, but I felt the way the game itself ended was super rushed and was weird because it just happened poof out of nowhere, Alfheim online in my opinion was ridiuclous:meh: But the first season wouldve been much much better IF they took away the romance since there was a bunch of episodes which couldve done much much better without it:drool: But the story was good, didnt start watching Sword Art Online 2 because heard its not so good

Thought Im willing to take a chance to ignore those rumors and just go for it, Ill let you know after if I like it or not:D

My favourite one is still Sword Art Online (I mean, not Gun Gale or Alfheim). But I'd say SAOII is still better than Alfheim.
I really love the excitement, though it started off really slow and boring, but it gets better.
I don't have time to watch that many episodes though, so I'm just up to 10-12 or somewhere around that.

I saw Sword Art Online II is airing except it's about guns.Is it still fun to watch or it's too different from the original?
Gun Gale Online started real slow compared to other animes but it was nice. It was scary too if you were in their position but I guess all animes are like that XD It is a bit more violent as well though.

I thought it was pretty good although I did not think it was as good as the first story arc it was much better than the second story arc of sword art online 1 which was weird and over all not as good as the other story arcs.

I loved the first season *coughcough my profile pic coughcough* and thought that season 2 was good... until the Mother's Rosario arc. Haters gonna hate, but I really don't care about Asuna's personal, IRL life. It's called Sword Art Online for a reason, after all.
There's a arc for REAL LIFE???! but... it left Sword Art completely!!!?? That's the reason we watched it in the first place!!!!
if it leaves the original formula then it's uninteresting

Back