Sword Art Online II - Is it still fun to watch or it's too different from the original

• Thread starter Kakea
  • Start date

I love the theme songs for Sword art is the new season exiting too or?

• Total voters
Yup. It's called "Mother's Rosario". It's really bad. It focuses on Asuna's real life (oh boy) and her new friend, Yukki.
Yukki dies of AIDS.
Season 3 is gonna be great though; I've read all the light novels and as long as the anime is true to the books, it'll be amazing.

@TrapMaster789 Lol, Mother Rosario was prety dumb It really didn't have any mid blowing parts. As for Season 2, it started of really boring especially with Sinnoh Story, but the last few episodes for Gun Gale Online was good, so was Excaliber. As I just said Mother Rosario was pretty boring. I personally liked Season 1 better than 2. I hope Season 3 will be as good as Season 2!

Reactions: Kakea
@TrapMaster789 Lol, Mother Rosario was prety dumb It really didn't have any mid blowing parts. As for Season 2, it started of really boring especially with Sinnoh Story, but the last few episodes for Gun Gale Online was good, so was Excaliber. As I just said Mother Rosario was pretty boring. I personally liked Season 1 better than 2. I hope Season 3 will be as good as Season 2!
I agree totally. Season 3 has its own unique world (that means no more ALfheim online) and new characters. You see Asuna and the rest of Kirito's harem every now and then, but they have no important place.

Reactions: Hikki and Neofang64
I agree totally. Season 3 has its own unique world (that means no more ALfheim online) and new characters. You see Asuna and the rest of Kirito's harem every now and then, but they have no important place.
Alicization hype. :)

I will always love season one, but the other seem to just be there... there's no reason to it: it has nothing to do with Sword Art Online anymore.The rest of the seasons feel like spin offs..I sure hope you're right about season3

I'm actually sort of worried about how the season 3 anime will work out; you see, season 1 took place in the first 4 light novels. Season 2, 5-8. However, the Alicization Arc (which would be season 3) takes place over novels 9-14.

I stopped watching after gun gale. The tension was gone and the characters do not have any personality or flavor left. What happened to Kirito's and Asuna's close relationship? They do not even act as if they were married anymore. I feel like they try but you just cant outdo SAO 1.

I stopped watching after gun gale. The tension was gone and the characters do not have any personality or flavor left. What happened to Kirito's and Asuna's close relationship? They do not even act as if they were married anymore. I feel like they try but you just cant outdo SAO 1.
Kirito and Asuna were never married in real life. But they did marry each other in game, even though it was as simple as pressing a virtual button.
Also, no one will understand this and it will most likely get me banned so goodbye people, but:

Kirito and Asuna were never married in real life. But they did marry each other in game, even though it was as simple as pressing a virtual button.
Also, no one will understand this and it will most likely get me banned so goodbye people, but:
I like how simply googling that shows exactly what you were talking about. Great.

Gun Gale Online was very interesting and myterious but it is really different from the original Sword Art online. There is a lot more action in the new season. I dont like how kirito avatar a girl:(

I like how simply googling that shows exactly what you were talking about. Great.
Sorry if I broke something in your brain.
There were two spoilers for a reason, though.

Sorry if I broke something in your brain.
There were two spoilers for a reason, though.
It's quite alright. I didn't read on.

It's quite alright. I didn't read on.
Good. My friend did. He will never be the same.

I know I could Google it but my tablet's....... not perfect, is it something horrid? Does it destroy the Sword Art Online series feel/excitement? Does it change the way we see Kirito?

I know I could Google it but my tablet's....... not perfect, is it something horrid? Does it destroy the Sword Art Online series feel/excitement? Does it change the way we see Kirito?

It apparently has mixed opinions, but I personally prefer SAO II over the first one. Just give it a go and see what you think.

I've just started SAO II (in English dub which is serviceable). Overall it's decent, but still doesn't come up to the great first part of SAO

In terms of comparison, i enjoyed the 1st season better in terms of the plotline and stuff ( i could guess a lot of things that would happen in the 2 season just from watching starts of episodes), but the second season is definitely a good anime to watch, although it is different from the whole fantasy mmorpg feel that SAO season 1 had, season 2 has it's own flare, having a very different setting, a few new characters (Sinon C>.. if you couldn't tell that is my symbol for ice-cream.), and a slightly more intense feeling than the first season, at parts it gave me goose bumps and at other times it made me laugh, its a well rounded show! In terms of which setting i liked better, i would have to say Gun Gale for the more intense feeling and the steampunk atmosphere is well done.

Am I the only one surprised there isn't a actual Sword Art Online MMORPG?

Am I the only one surprised there isn't a actual Sword Art Online MMORPG?
There are a few SAO games out there for the PS3, but that's about it. SUPPOSEDLY there's a PC MMORPG based of SAO in development, but the "developers" have yet to show the community any progress.

There are a few SAO games out there for the PS3, but that's about it. SUPPOSEDLY there's a PC MMORPG based of SAO in development, but the "developers" have yet to show the community any progress.

I believe there's a 3DS or PSVita(not sure which) version also

Back