The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes - Thoughts and what you want to see

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Yeah, a new Zelda game will be available for the 3DS called "The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes" and it seems a bit like Zelda: Four Swords because of the different color clothed Links.

When I first heard the name, I was expecting similar graphics to "Four Swords" for some reason >.<

The game will have multiplayer too, :eek:

What are your thoughts so far and what would you like to see in the game?

Reactions: supermonk404
I was pretty excited when I heard of this game :D I always wanted a new Zelda multi-player and this just seems perfect , well except that its only 3 players and not 4 :giggle: I like the idea of outfits and all too . At first looking from the background thing, I thought it was going to be some sort of puzzle thing , but now I'll definitely be looking forward to this :sneaky:

I still kinda wonder how the game will work in the multi-player since I think it's more focused on co-operative dungeon solving rather than scrambling for rupees. And the shared hearts sound kinda hurtful x.x

It looks really fun. It seems more multiplayer oriented than single player though. It reminds me of Four Swords Anniversary Edition on the original DS. >.<

Anyways, here are some things I want in the game,

Puzzles

I want this game to have a lot of puzzles. I don't want it to be the kind of game where you just go around killing enemies D: looking at you, Hyrule Warriors ;~; Also, puzzle is a really big aspect of Legend of Zelda games so I don't want them to just take em out cause they have multiplayer. This game most likely won't let me down in this area, but I still wanted to mention it because it's important.

4 Player Local/Online Multiplayer

I really want to be able to play online with the maximum of 4 people. In the trailer I saw there was only 3 Links on the Triforce D: Kind of reminds me of Fantasy life where you can only have 3 players online. I want it to be four players. Purple link >.<)/
The shared heart thingy reminds me of the Nintendoland LoZ game where you have to adventure together.

Scratch that, It's not happening ;~;

Post game content

I want this game to have extra dungeons, sidequests, minigames or just something to do post-game with friends. Zelda games die out for me after the main story ends. ;~; I want them to add something varied and fun that people could enjoy after the main game. (kind of like competitive Pokemon)

That's all I could think of right now. >.<

Last edited:
Reactions: Rick1012, Mikaya, WaffleMan and 1 other person
I'm loving how this game looks so far, I have high hopes from it.

I want this game to have a lot of puzzles. I don't want it to be the kind of game where you just go around killing enemies D: looking at you, Hyrule Warriors ;~; Also, puzzle is a really big aspect of Legend of Zelda games so I don't want them to just take em out cause they have multiplayer. This game most likely won't let me down in this area, but I still wanted to mention it because it's important.
The game from what I saw at the Treehouse showed to be veeeeeeery puzzle-heavy, I'm sure you'll be pleased.

I really want to be able to play online with the maximum of 4 people. In the trailer I saw there was only 3 Links on the Triforce D: Kind of reminds me of Fantasy life where you can only have 3 players online. I want it to be four players. Purple link >.<)/
The shared heart thingy reminds me of the Nintendoland LoZ game where you have to adventure together.
But Purple Link could act as an antagonist, with his own posse of Purple (or Dark) Link. And then, 3v3 boss battles. :sneaky:

Favorite announcement out of the Digital Event video. I been asking for YEARS for this to exist. I am saddened that they killed off the purple Link as that was my favorite one. Very excited to play this with my friends and I see myself playing this a bit since I have a good number of friends who want to play this with.

A triangle has three sides. There are three characters (to control like Four Swords or multiplayer I'm guessing). Illuminati confirmed. This looks neat and I think this is one of the more popular sides of the Zelda spectrum with a lot of space to put in challenging levels that are uniquely different from the 3D LoZ games.

What I want
  • Underwater levels. I think Four Swords lacked that and it would be neat to see. Especially to give and excuse to steal Mario's frog suit.
  • Some sort of online play involving combat.
  • Dark Links as a boss/hidden boss
  • Challenge levels as intense as in Four Swords Hero levels where you cannot use suits unless you need them in that case you can get suits from pedestals.

well I would like to see good internet connection (ehemm *cough cough* SMash 3DS.)and alsoi would like to se a co op campaign for local multiplayer. I would also like to see all the links with blond hair plez, and hope you can get rewarded in the main story by playing the co op.

Im kinda worried about the 3 player thing. The graphics/artwork is the same as Link Between the Worlds:p. If played in single player, this is probably Four Swords on a 3DS, except there are 3 characters instead of 4 cuz 3 relresents the 3 TRIangles in the triFORCE (I'm talking about the gold ones of course, not counting the black one in the middle.) idk what to think about the multiplayer thing, hopefully it isn't players cooperating to complete a dungeon, cuz someone could be a horrible at the game and bot help, but mess up.:bookworm:

Reactions: Jisenku
I want to see a good story, that's what Zelda games are most well known for and personally my favorite thing about any video game. I think the whole multiplayer thing was a good idea and I'm excited to see what Nintendo does with it! Plus (if you have no friends, like myself :p) there's also online multiplayer, something new to the series entirely! It's not quite the 3DS Zelda game I was expecting from Nintendo next, but nonetheless, looks like its going to be a great game! :D

Reactions: WaffleMan
Its really strange that they only included the option of 3 people, but i don't blame Nintendo for this, the camera angle and game mechanics may only allow for 3 players, it seems they want friends to be able to experience a true Zelda dungeon and complete it together, its a great idea from the business standpoint and from our standpoint, now only if i had some friends :cry:

Reactions: Derpywolfman111
If one took a glance at The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes, they would probably automatically associate it with A Link Between Worlds, given the reused game engine. But what makes the two different is, of course, the multiplayer. With regard to there being only 3 players, well, it is a 3DS game, and I like that Nintendo chose 3 players because of the significance of the number 3 in the Legend of Zelda universe that we all know and love. You know; 3 Triforce pieces, 3 spiritual stones; you get it now. I also think that a two player experience would be somewhat empty, considering the vastness of the game itself. Additionally, I believe that 4 players would have been too chaotic, for no other reason than that if we take a look at all the 4-player Wii U games, even the great ones, the atmosphere was too frantic and that, in my opinion, would not be at home in the Zelda franchise. Lastly, I want to point out that the game is mostly geared toward multiplayer. When you play by yourself, you have 2 friendly AI following you, and we all know how annoying that can be. That said, I think that Tri Force Heroes will be a great game, but the "great"-ness of the game lies in its multiplayer aspect, not otherwise. If you took the time to read all my rambling, thank you, and I hope you enjoyed reading!

Reactions: Derpywolfman111 and zekiebouy
The game to me seems sort of weird.
I am not going to get it because I still have to get Ocarina of Time 3D and A link between worlds and then have enough money left for Zelda Wii U next year so yeah.
But the whole story seems a bit weird. It is in a kingdom crazy about fashion?? I don't get it, it doesn't fit in the Zelda universe.
The cool abilities with the clothes seems cool but it looks like it is gonna include a LOT of backtracking to go back to a place where a suit was required or having to do some quests to get the suits you need for the dungeons.
I know the Nintendo community is AWESOME from my time here but it is still going to be frustrating if you run into a troll online who doesn't help with the puzzles (Assuming there is online play to go with local multiplayer)
And the local multiplayer that it will have... I don't have any friends who play Zelda so I am sort of alone :'(
So yeah I am not going to get it as well because I love story driven games and a Zelda game that doesn't take it self seriously doesn't seem like something I would like. The only time that was acceptable was with Wind Waker cause it is AWESOME! At least Wind Waker isn't all about fashion.

I want to see online and local multiplayer i need online multiplayer because i know no one else with a 3DS.

We Dont really need this but a little hidden classic four swords stage just for fun.

Since it runs on A link between worlds engine i would like to see the painting link puzzles.

If online multiplayer does not come offline a 1 player option will be nice but you would have to control the other 2 links with options on the bottom screen.

if it does not have a dark hyrule/Lorule it would be a little disappointing.

I want there to be online and local multiplayer. I really like the costume idea and how it gives you more attacks and it can give u bombs.I also like how you can stack three links up to reach levers and switch's. they said that there is going to be a pvp game mode.

so that is my thoughts on it,bye.
LoZ_TOoTB_Link_moving_Sword_MC_NC_2.gif~c200

so far the main things i'm hoping for are maybe special costumes that could make some things op while weakening others to balance them out (ex: inf. bombs with only 1 or no arrows) i also want another way to talk to other people in the game other than just little emotes :I

This game looks so good! I loved that the Tree house staff was having so much fun playing it, and it makes me excited to buy and play it myself.

Issues? No fourth player.... this seems kinda rude, being as the Links are all the colors that the Four Swords Links are except for Purple. That being said, a three-player game is an interesting concept, and I now have to convince my sister to get a 3DS and this game when it comes out.

Based on what we've seen so far, I love everything about the game, except for 2 things, nd 2 things only.
1. It is a full-priced 3DS game.
It looks like from what we've seen so far, unless it will be a very extensive game, that it just isn't worth the price to me. Maybe balance things ouit a bit like Pokemon Rumble World, and it could be another Free-To-Play game.

2. It doesn't have Amiibo Support.
I personally think the game would go great with Amiibo. Get Ganandorf, Link and Zelda, and then they could have some effect, be it visually or physically for your character, they could do good in this game with Amiibo support.

If it were not for these reasons, I would go for Triforce Heroes.

Actually, I'm really looking forwards to tackling the boss battles of each dungeon with three players. I'd also love to see lots of thought-provoking puzzles, as I do enjoy puzzles. The one thing that surprised me most is that Nintendo have said that this new game actually strays from the Legend Of Zelda timeline.

Looks like a blast! The thought of going through a dungeon online with two other players has never been seen in a dungeon game before! Of course, there was For Swords, but that wasn't online, this is a whole new experience! But, the thing I dislike, is It's 40$ dollars! I rather get a different game, lol. We also have to wait till 2016 to get it.

Reactions: PigMayor
Well in this game I hope it is like a four sword style game. The story mode is fun and cooperative while you kill each other for the most rupees. Then you are exploring an environment filled with puzzles and fully utilize the 3ds capabilities.

Back