Thoughts on new DLC (Cloud, Corrin, Bayonetta and Stages)

• Thread starter Azzura
  • Start date
well uh I'm hyped for Corrin and Bayonetta of course because of her Madamas butterfly and Corrins spike attack with holds the enemies in place.

I really love Cloud and with Bay added to the fight, I'm looking forward to fight her! It could be fun. = w=

When I first thought Cloud was OP, I began studying him. I have concluded that any fast or long-reaching character can overwhelm him if they're careful.

well my thoughts on the new characters on smash are mind blowing like i just wonering how overpowered they are going to be like look at roy side smash knocks opponents out of the ring at %0 and the spike on bayonettas down smash like holy

I am excited for all the new characters. Sadly, I can't buy any unless I can get some cash. I don't need any though. The characters look cool though and I love how Bayonette changes her moves according to how and where they are performed! This is an awesome Idea nintedo and I will tell everyone here, I would buy every character if I could! I was amazing with Lucas back in brawl, then I found out he was DLC in this game and got really upset, ever since, I have been saving up funds to buy him. How do you all feel about all this? I loved the little videos, especially Corrins. I liked how it had the pick your path part and the commentary from teh siblings! How do you feel about all the characters and stages?

I think that adding Bayonetta was a idea and one that many people(me included) wanted to happen. We were all thinking it wasn't going to happen due to the fact that in the original game she loses clothes @. And we can't have that in a Nintendo game that was released in America.

I'm really excited for Cloud and so is my mom. She's been playing the Final Fantasy games ever since I was kid and now this might actually make her play Super Smash Bros. with me. I'm also hoping that, since they are adding Cloud as a DLC, they might make an ambiio out of him X3 I would try to snatch that amiibo up in a heart beat, though honestly I can imagine it being hard to find even if they did bring it out.

Also, it leads me to wonder what other Final Fantasy characters they might be bringing out into the Super Smash Bros. world? Like Yuffi? Or maybe Zack? Maybe even Sephiroth if we're lucky. But, even if we don't get any more characters or an amiibo for him, I'm just phyched to be able to play him in game when I can finally get my hands on some money to buy him.

What can i say. I'm very hype for cloud. I love cloud and I only want cloud. I don't care about bayyonetta or stupid corrin because we have too kany FE fighters, but I love the idea and inclusion of cloud, i'd be very happy if anybody who dosen't have Cloud would be willing to donate a code, I love cloud a ton and I hipe I can get him anytime soon. Hurrah for ff and cloud

Cloud's Limit powers are really cool. I don't like Bayonetta as much because she seems like a very overpowered character. As for Corrine, I absolutely love him! His Dragon Spear pins opponents to the ground which will be pretty fun online to troll people with^^.

Well, it's that time again. A new Smash DLC has been released, and tons of people are already hyped/salty about it. What are you guys opinions on this DLC? Not to mention the addition of Bayonetta, (*cough cough* looks op as hell...) Cloud, and Corin. Let me know what you guys think down below!
I was really surprise when corrin was announced, but I dont like fire emblem players, just Ike, but it seems that he got potential,. on the other side, bayonetta is amazing, I think it was the most incredible dlc of smash, in my opinion,

Bayonetta well everyone has said OP, ANOTHER FE Character... in general comes also down to 2 more sword fighters?? I like the fact they added Cloud, mainly for fun. Long range and close range seems pretty easy for him, his attacks have great reach, his jumping up A so good when waiting for opponents to come back down to the stage, that Omnislash very good and reminds me so much of FF7, His recovery is a little weak, but he is a good character to use. Why didn't you give me TIFA? (I like to use Little Mac) At least Tifa would have been another close range character like Little Mac. But that's seems to be it for Smash characters being added to the roster. We will see in the NX console.

words can not explain my sadness for this cloud is the only one i really am happy about.I really wanted banjo and geno.That mii costume was a slap to the face really.

Well, just the other day I bought Smash Bros and was super excited to play Cloud and I bought his DLC, but I think I may have over-hyped him. With Cloud I thought that I could just pick him for my first Smash match and dominate all, but I was sadly mistaken as the minute the match started I was already one stock down. Now, I'm not saying Cloud is a bad character as I love him and Final Fantasy VII was one of the first games I was introduced to growing up, I'm simply saying that Cloud is a character that one would have to take the time to perfect. But this is just my opinion, I may just suck at Smash and I'm just not good with anyone, I don't know.

I think bayonettas combos are going to dominate the game but corrin and cloud are OP too. And seriously to many fire emblem characters with such similar movesets

corrin wasnt someone i would liked to be a dlc charracter,they should bring snake back.;)

in my opinion people should stop being so hostile to the fact that those characters are coming to smash bros. i think they are good additions to the game since they are actually pretty unique characters in their own way, some say otherwise but i still think they are. buuuut.... they could´ve done better than to add corrin, i´m all for fire emblem but i just think it was a bit soon and that he´s just there to promote the upcoming game than actually just being a fighter. but it´s just my opinion, it´s not my place to tell the creator how to make his game so i´m all in for those three.

i´ve seen many people get hype for them and many others get super salty sally up in that announcement and i want to know what you guys think about it.

in my opinion, i think that cloud was a very good addition the the game because of being a representative of j-rpg´s and he just looks good as a fighter thanks to his unique attacks like the limit breaks and such.

for corrin, i feel blessed to have yet another fire emblem character because he´s also very different than marth, ike or robin when it comes to combat style, kinda like robin. though i stiiiill believe that they could´ve gotten another character to fill that space but i like it still.

as for bayonetta, i don´t think i have to say anithing about her honestly but she´s very cool and impressive with all of those combo possibillities and that unique battle style she has like shooting repeatedly after an attack or her other versatile move like witch time or the heel slide, etc. all i have left to say is that everyone who voted her did a splendid job.

so what about you? what are your thoughts on the matter. i would like to read everyone´s point of view on the matter.
peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I'm quite okay with the addition of Cloud and Corrin, since I think they are unique in their own ways. However, when I heard about Bayonetta makes it to the Smash, I was quite disappointed, and I was concerned about how Sakurai and the other developers will make her (from M-rated game) fit in on the ESRB's E-10+ or CERO's A without having to change the age rating (even Sakurai noted on the latter), but time will tell if it'll work out or not. Again, it was just my opinion, okay?

Cloud I have no problems with. Love to play final fantasy 7 and wouldn't mind playing to this day.

Corrin I feel was a bit weird of an addition. Since he is only in Japan at the time, not many Western or European players knew who he was and got salty over the fact they added another swords man into the game adding for six fire emblem characters. What's funny to me is that people don't have a problem with six Pokemon characters. Honestly, I prefer Corrin over Wolf any day.

And Bayonetta is just an awesome character within herself. I never got to play the Bayonetta series but her games look like something I would enjoy. Her bullet are lead into heavy combo potential and I'm so interested already made a future combo list for her. Plus her recovery options

Reactions: atomic_ian
Cloud I have no problems with. Love to play final fantasy 7 and wouldn't mind playing to this day.

Corrin I feel was a bit weird of an addition. Since he is only in Japan at the time, not many Western or European players knew who he was and got salty over the fact they added another swords man into the game adding for six fire emblem characters. What's funny to me is that people don't have a problem with six Pokemon characters. Honestly, I prefer Corrin over Wolf any day.

And Bayonetta is just an awesome character within herself. I never got to play the Bayonetta series but her games look like something I would enjoy. Her bullet are lead into heavy combo potential and I'm so interested already made a future combo list for her. Plus her recovery options
amen brother. AMEN.

Really hyped about bayonetta her combos look OP and I feel it's a really great addition to smash bros about cloud he's just too OP and corrin seems cool and I can't wait to play FE fates

Back