Thoughts on new DLC (Cloud, Corrin, Bayonetta and Stages)

• Thread starter Azzura
  • Start date
I mainly like Cloud and Corrin.

Corrin was unexpected but whatever I like her anyways. Do we have enough Fire Emblem characters maybe, but they are all from different games aside Lucina and Robin so there's representation from more games rather than just the same.

Cloud looks like a better version of Mii Swordfighter. He has a basic projectile. A huge hitbox on aerial moves and in general he looks fairly easy to master besides the Limit move.

Bayonetta's Down Smash (the heel I think) doesn't look very good, sure it spikes but I just can't see myself using it. I just hope she's easy to learn. She looks like she's better from a distance because of her bullets even though they may not make you flinch. She also seems like the hit and run type. I still have yet to see which of her moves is the best to kill besides the obvious forward smash (which looks laggy).

I definitely like Cloud in Smash, Final Fantasy representatives are cool. Cloud is definitely a good edition to the game, and is actually pretty balanced, compared to what we thought we saw in the trailer. I didn't expect Corrin, and I didn't even really like the idea of him in Smash, but he does look like a very OP character, so I'm accepting him. Now Bayonetta, the ballot winner, looks so OP, but by the looks of it, she's probably harder to master than Ryu, so I'm buying her, but I'm probably not going to main her. (I main every DLC character except Ryu, because Focus Punch gives me a harder time).

well i'm very excited i was legitamintally didn;t see corrin coming and well bayonetta she the queen of smash now sorry cloud

Reactions: atomic_ian
56580213.jpg

Reactions: atomic_ian
My opinion for bayonneta and corrin for smash is that is awesome. People think that bayonneta isnt the most voted in the world. Some other people think that Corrin stole a DLC spot. But i think that Corrin is awesome for his counter. Sorry for my bad english. And bayonneta is awesome stoping the speed for people. The downfall is that if you use too muck the duration will be lowered. id like to hear your opinion of these too characters. So please vote for which you think will be better.

I'm so excited about Kamui looks awesome same with bayonetta she is probably going to be top tier. Who am i kidding she is everything about is combo potential can't wait eek

Well, it's that time again. A new Smash DLC has been released, and tons of people are already hyped/salty about it. What are you guys opinions on this DLC? Not to mention the addition of Bayonetta, (*cough cough* looks op as hell...) Cloud, and Corin. Let me know what you guys think down below!

Well, Bayonetta I was EXTREMELY SALTY about, especially her Up-Special, but one of her moves I am fascinated about is her Final Smash, the fact that you have to do work during the smash does let you stay engaged in the game as you have to have skill to pull it off. Corrin, to be honest, I wanted Chrom instead, as Robin does get Chrom standing back to back on one of his Victory Screens, so why not add him as a playable character, his move-set would've probably been predictable but I would've been a lot happier with Chrom. Cloud, my friend and I have already paid for him, and the stage (Midgar) is okay, I dont prefer it too much over stuff like Omega Gaur Plain or Final Destination. Cloud himself though is one spammy character, my friend just continously gets the limit side-b when im off-stage, returning. I can never hit it and the Down-B (I've forgotten what it was called) has massive knockback at 70%! Daddy Sakurai should've made it 90% or something high, NOT 70% as that is too Over-Powered and Cloud can easily hit 70% on his opponents. :stop: Have Fun Brawling (See what I did there) :stop:

I think that Cloud is broken as heck I mean every time I play against him He throws me and then Charges his Limit Break. Not to mention all though his stage looks cool in non omega form it is kinda stupid like almost as bad as the Find Mii Stage which was kinda weird of an idea to have most of the stage destroyed like WTF who makes a stage where the hazard basically insta kills you if you are on it. Bayonetta looks like they are probably going to be broken but Hopefully patches will make both characters deal able you feel me? And Korrin looks like his Sensu Beans will be op. Oh wait wrong game. Corrin looks fun? I don't really know I haven't seen much of the Info on Corrin

So excited for the later stages to come next month. I will buy them for sure!

I'm OK with Cloud, but Corrin and Bayonetta are OP, Corrin with his extendable Side Smash and Down Special, Bayonetta with her Final Smash and Up Special.

Well personally I'm pumped to get bayonet because her combos look sick. I have cloud and he is really good. And once I get my opponent off stage with cloud there is no coming back. I'm not sure about corrin because i don't know anything about that character. That's what I think about the new dlc characters coming out.

Bayonetta seems really OP, but I'm mostly hyped about Corrin because I'm hyped for his/her game as well haha. I haven't played any Final Fantasy game, so I don't feel so excited about Cloud, although I've battled against him sometimes on For Glory and seems op as well.

All I gotta say is: Let's dance boys.

For me Cloud is ok, very fun to play (Specially in dittos) it's a nice add even tho I haven't played FFVII I like the character, and I'm glad it has an original japanese voice, I just like it.

Corrin/Kamui, Well who wouldn't enjoy to play as a Human/Dragon with a Chainsaw like sword WITH fire. Well, I do.
He's move set is original and I think that he's going to buy him first instead of Bayonetta. (Who I'll buy much later on)
I'm more excited about him.

Bayonetta... I tryed the demo of her second game, and when I saw the announcement with all her moves from the game I was lik "pfft... Lol, She cool"

Looking forward for the realese of the other 2 characters, because the hype after release is sort of strange and I like it.
Suddenly the entire FG mains Bayonetta/Corrin. XD

I have mixed feelings about the smash DLC. I was disappointed about Cloud at first, but I started to get excited after seeing his video in the smash presentation, and now he's one of my mains XD. I was a wee disappointed about Corrin, but now I'm excited.

Bayonetta was a real disappointment for me at first, but looking back, she seems like allot of fun, and I'm excited for her!

The stages, mainly Midgar, look like allot of fun, and I'm just so excited for the 3rd!

I think Bayonetta looks really cool. She seems to be a really-thought out character. I really like her final smash. I've never actually seen her in any game, but to see her for the first time makes me want to actually play the Bayonetta games. As for cloud, I am not as excited as my brother, but he still seems pretty cool. I am not as excited about Corrin.

I played Cloud and he is OP! Fast, strong, and has good combos! Also, Bayonetta DOES look OP, and Corrin also looks good.

I can't wait until they come out. I'm personally excited to play as Corrin especially. He/She looks pretty cool. But even though people think that they are the "last" characters, there could be probably one more that they are already done making. Also, keep in mind that in the direct Sakurai said Bayonetta was the last NEW character to be in the game. But that's just my theory and I could be wrong.

I can't wait until they come out. I'm personally excited to play as Corrin especially. He/She looks pretty cool. But even though people think that they are the "last" characters, there could be probably one more that they are already done making. Also, keep in mind that in the direct Sakurai said Bayonetta was the last NEW character to be in the game. But that's just my theory and I could be wrong.
But who would they add? Snake maybe?

Reactions: Morgan643DS
But who would they add? Snake maybe?
Most likely Wolf. Since a lot of the fans really wanted him back. And yes, I know Sakurai is done working on Smash, but that doesn't mean that he didn't already get finished with Wolf. My theory, (and this is just theory , not 100 percent sure) Sakurai is probably done making Wolf, and Nintendo will probably either release him on the day they release Bayonetta and Corrin, or maybe near the the release of Star Fox Zero. Again, this is just a theory, and it's probably not going to happen, but I think it would be possible.

Back