Thoughts on new DLC (Cloud, Corrin, Bayonetta and Stages)

• Thread starter Azzura
  • Start date
Of those three characters i only have Cloud.
Cloud is awesome in my mind, finally playing a square enix character in a Nintendo game is awesome XD.
His Limit Break is OP XD not to mention his final smash hes EPIC.
He was hard to master and i still dont have his moves completely down still need a bit of practice.
His stage is awesoem and fun to play on when not playing it as a omega stage.
The summons are awesoem ad extremely powerful to use.
Bayonetta is my next character ill get from what i see shes a monster and looks fun to play cant wait to get her.
I like her stage its dark and gloomy but as ive only played the stage once thats all i can say esecially when it was set as omega when i played on the stage.
I have yet to play a collin and yet to play his stage so i have no opinion on that.

Here is my opinion:
Corrin was only in smash to promote Fire Emblem Fates, but still is a pretty good fighter, Cloud is downright broken, and Bayonetta has some of the best 0 to deaths in the game, PLUS she has witch time

Well, I think Bayonetta needs to be a little less powerful, she is actually really too overpowered, Cloud isn't as bad, but I think all DLC characters are overpowered in one way or another.

I'm honestly not too interested in the DLC characters and satges, and I don't think I'll pick them up.
It's not that I don't like them, it's just that they don't interest me very much. I know some fanboys are still going crazy months later about this, but I'm just not at their hype level.
It's kind of weird, if you have to pay for a character, does that mean they have an unfair advantage? If they don't have some sort of advantage and are just as useful as the other characters, then why charge for them?
I can see charging for Mii costumes, but that's different.
I'm just not interested enough to buy it.

I really like the new DLC and appreciate the work of Nintendo, but I am still really sad it's the last DLC of these great games. The stages are cool, and Bayonetta is OP!! I also really like Cloud and Corrin, but to be honest Bayonetta is the best of them.

I think that the repetitive DLCS are unessesary but are still fun. Bayonetta looks OP and Cloud and Corrin will be interesting additions. I personally think Snake would be a better decision, and maybe Banjo or Simon Belmont. The ice climbers would be cool to see again. Many people disagree with me, but I still think the DLC isn't needed. Im still probably gonna buy it though! ;)

I'm gonna start off in order here
Cloud: I think that he's a really fun character to use from what I've seen, his neutral A attacks are the fastest I've seen, his air attack have good range, strong knock back and same goes for his Smash attacks, most of his attacks have almost no punish time, but his recovery sure doesn't work well, however the limit break charged one makes him have probably one of the best recoveries I've seen so far.
Bayonetta: Everyone knows her at this point, extremely low risk, extremely high rewards, needs to be balanced for how stupidly broken she is in Smash.
Corrin: He feels like another Marth type of character to me at least, good air attack range, EXTREMELY long forward smash range and decent recovery, what really needs some tweaking is his/her counter, that thing can kill a Bowser at 0% by charging his forward smash half way through.

In summary, 2 of these characters are great but everyone knows at this point that Bayonetta is probably a pay to win character

You know, I actually am not a fan of the new DLC characters. These characters have made it clear that they are pay-to-win characters. Cloud has a massive power boost with crazy combo-ing and launch. Corrin, he's seriously over-ranged for a sword fighter. Corrin is a show of why Ridley wasn't included. The attack range is so ridiculous, it's incredibly difficult to get and real close combat attacks in without an incredible defense. And, then... there is Bayonetta. She seemed like a good idea, and a very interesting concept, but... it's too much. The zero-to-death combos are just ridiculous, and the way she surges an opponent and can carry them is something that is exclusive to Bayonetta. Other characters have to be expertly held to combo an opponent with minimal chance of escape. Anyone can buy Bayonetta and practice five minutes in the Training Room before they can get guaranteed kills on even the most experienced player. To me, the last three DLCs are clear that Smash is becoming unbalanced, and that Nintendo is sadly letting profit get in the way of the player. I've played Smash for over twelve years. Now, I'm not the best, but I know what I'm doing. And, what these DLCs are doing is very wrong. It makes me sad that anyone with a bit of money can buy an advantage over skilled players.

cloud: when you send the enemy far you should use down be, and when is charged you must use the limit when is necesary
corrin: I think that the the strongs point its his counter, B and side B, you must know how to use it
bayonetta: you must use combos to do more damage, but is a slow character and the down B isnt invincible, soy must take caution and not use it too much

um heya everyone i wads wondering if anybody wanted to play btw i love baytonetta but i aint paying for her

In my opinion I think I don't like dlc I like the other dlc but not the characters because I think it's just a cheat to have them. If your good than you'll be good at any character.

didn't know who could was i want baneta and who the heck is corrin
bayonetta is to hot for this game...I MEAN UM *runs away*

Unlike others, I'm really happy these final DLC characters are in. Bayonetta made me excited the most in the entire presentation. Everyone reacting/watching was saying "Hades" or some Kid Icarus character because pit and paulenta were on screen. When I saw the moon, I immediately figured it out and started screaming. Literally screaming. And I heard the voice. She jumped on stage and the music played and bam new smash character. Wow.

In my opinion I think I don't like dlc I like the other dlc but not the characters because I think it's just a cheat to have them. If your good than you'll be good at any character.
A "cheat" to have them? What do you mean..? Do you just have no money for the DLC?

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the stages in the new DLC pack. Midgar is awsome and umbra clock tower is unique. As for the new characters in update 1.1.6 everyone is balanced and fun to use. I think the original 1.1.5 update was a little unbalanced in the way of bayonetta but i never saw her as broken. Cloud has his strenghts and weaknesses and bayonetta has her many strenghts and few weaknesses but she still is a fair character to play as and against.

Out of the three DLC's, Ryu is easily my favourite. I mean, he has an amazing stage, really strong attacks, and TWO final smashes. What's better than that? Anyway, my second favourite is Cloud. Like Ryu, he has strong attacks like Limit break, his epic final smash, and he has a good stage. I haven't used Bayonetta ( or bought her) so I can't really say anything about her.

So far I only got Bayonetta but unfortunately, I got her when Nintendo rolled out a patch that nerfed her :/

She sucks. Well, I suck at Smash U but I'm 10 times worst when I use her. Maybe it was because I'm still new and have not learned her combos, what buttons do what, etc, but regardless, I didn't find she packed much of a punch.

As for Cloud and Corrin, I've mostly just played against Clouds >.< They're pretty tough and I should have gotten him instead.

the dlc in super smash bros 4 is bad the new characters are way to op(i can still beat them though) its almost pay to win.
Well, it's that time again. A new Smash DLC has been released, and tons of people are already hyped/salty about it. What are you guys opinions on this DLC? Not to mention the addition of Bayonetta, (*cough cough* looks op as hell...) Cloud, and Corin. Let me know what you guys think down below!

So, at the time of this post, Cloud was announced a year ago and now it is time to give my honest opinion about not only Cloud, but Corrin and Bayonetta and the new stages they have. Let's get to it!
First off, I'll start with Cloud, and when I first saw him being revealed, I, like many of you, was shocked to see a character that virtually had barely any chance to be in, but we have been proven wrong.
When I first pick him up, Cloud felt like the right character for me, great speed, great power, not that good of a recovery and a wall-jump, these are the reasons why I also main Captain Falcon and Little Mac, and in the end, Cloud is now one of my mains.
Moving on with Corrin, the 6th Fire Emblem character being added to Smash Bros. and I was also shocked to see that any more Fire Emblem characters were being added in. But thankfully, it's not like Lucina, and Corrin is an original character with awesome dragon moves and pretty good Smash Attacks. Out of all FE characters, him and Ike are the ones that I have the most fun with, but I do not play Corrin that often, specially after my big Smash Bros. break that I'm currently doing.
Now to the last DLC character, Bayonetta, the sexy Umbra Witch that uses guns to fight angels is finally here and I like her playstyle. Of course, she got a LOT of controversy before she got patched, but I still have fun with her, specially with her Down Smash (damn,that feels good).
And of course, we are not forgetting about the two stages that come alongside these characters, Midgar (Cloud's stage) and Umbra Clock Tower (Bayonetta's stage), both of these are very fun to play on for different reasons. Midgar has the whole Summons gimmick which is very enjoyable, it's always fun trying to predict which Summon is going appear next. Umbra Clock Tower on the other hand feels very competitive but still casually fun with all the different platforms places you can get.
Now to end this, let's have a quick talk about the Mii Fighter Costumes. I think that this was a very good selection with my personal favourites being Nipples, I mean, Knuckles and Takamaru.
All and all, I think that was a really good way to end the DLC Hype, but it was not exactly perfect since having a 6th FE character is not exactly what the majority of people are looking for. But yeah, it ended on an high note, but now, onward to Super Smash Bros. for the Nintendo Switch.

P.S. Also one thing that I want to point out is that if you go to the Smash Bros. website and look on the DLC page, you can see that Bayonetta is copyrighted by Sega, so she is a 3rd-Party character.

It would be great to have Ridley from metroid in super smash. There are not many villains in super smash. There are also not many heavyweight fighters in super smash. Ridley would be a character that is can recover well and can deal lots of damage. Also there are not many characters from the Metroid series. So far we have Samus and zero suit Samus.

except that its been years since he was deconfirmed, snap out of it.

Back