Thoughts on the NX being a cross handheld/console?

• Thread starter superwill123
  • Start date
I hope it will not be a handheld x console. I have a pretty bad history with handhelds and considering companies are now making games specifically for the N3DS, I want it to be a home console that's easy to take places. Sort of like the GameCube :p

I want the NX to just be a home console and I want another hand held that can be used to interact with the NX but isn't something you have to have to play the console. I think that Nintendo will definitely release a new handheld (hopefully with a more imaginative name) and I'm sure it will be stronger that the PS vita and hopefully close to Wii U in power. I'm sure Nintendo won't just make a stronger Wii U and I hope they take inspiration from the dual shock 4 controller for the NX. Also I hope you can play Wii U games on it but they had better not reboot the whole menu like the Wii U does with Wii games.

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
Maybe they will allow the N3DS to act as a controller, like how the 3ds works on smash u

I want the NX to just be a home console and I want another hand held that can be used to interact with the NX but isn't something you have to have to play the console. I think that Nintendo will definitely release a new handheld (hopefully with a more imaginative name) and I'm sure it will be stronger that the PS vita and hopefully close to Wii U in power. I'm sure Nintendo won't just make a stronger Wii U and I hope they take inspiration from the dual shock 4 controller for the NX. Also I hope you can play Wii U games on it but they had better not reboot the whole menu like the Wii U does with Wii games.
I honestly wouldn't want another console division, profitability, sales and software development are much deeper than "oh let's make 2 consoles and sell them"

As seen with the 3ds and Wii U, as well as the DS and Wii, and PS Vita and PS4, selling 2 distinct consoles limits the scope of development, since devs do have to learn to program for both consoles, and some people decide on either portable console, or home console, thus killing the sales for the one being passed over, as well as the software sales.

My prior comment bypasses these limitations

I honestly wouldn't want another console division, profitability, sales and software development are much deeper than "oh let's make 2 consoles and sell them"

As seen with the 3ds and Wii U, as well as the DS and Wii, and PS Vita and PS4, selling 2 distinct consoles limits the scope of development, since devs do have to learn to program for both consoles, and some people decide on either portable console, or home console, thus killing the sales for the one being passed over, as well as the software sales.

My prior comment bypasses these limitations

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
The only point you are stating here is the fact you hate Nintendo.

Maybe they will allow the N3DS to act as a controller, like how the 3ds works on smash u
Well, that could be viable, yes.

Of course, that's assuming the NX would still be for the current generation

The only point you are stating here is the fact you hate Nintendo.
Yes kiddo, I hate Nintendo and show my all consuming hatred of the company by putting a solid argument well grounded in the current reality, and want their sales to maximize. Excellent.

Please, the door is right there.

Reactions: Hayleia and Slayerpon Tatsu
Well, that could be viable, yes.

Of course, that's assuming the NX would still be for the current generation
Does not need to be current. Just look at how gamecube controllers work on Wii and Wii u. How ps1 games and controllers work on certain PS3's. Just gotta make it work some how

Were only going to get details in 2016 I doubt it will be for this generation when it releases in 2 or 3 years.

Were only going to get details in 2016 I doubt it will be for this generation when it releases in 2 or 3 years.
It's releasing 2017 or 2018. It can still possibly be this generation

Ok you made your point of the power and I doubt you hate Nintendo but you seem to be enjoying saying how bad past systems were. They might not all have been bestsellers but they were still good.

I'm not saying they were bad in the least >.< merely pointing out the flaws of the startegy.

Ok you made your point of the power and I doubt you hate Nintendo but you seem to be enjoying saying how bad past systems were. They might not all have been bestsellers but they were still good.
But he is not saying they are bad, he saying pure facts. While I do enjoy those consoles, they do limit what people can but and afford when released within certain frames of time

After all, how many people will get 2 consoles on release+ all the games released for those two consoles?

I agree Nintendo need to meet the gaming worlds expectations and improve their strategy but many people enjoy handhelds and I'm sure even if the majority don't care that (as they have in the past) Nintendo will continue handhelds for longer.

Anyway this thread is to suggest ideas and its not a debate about Nintendo's strategy and statistics.

Anyway this thread is to suggest ideas and its not a debate about Nintendo's strategy and statistics.
Indeed.

Again, my ideal would be a portable console about as powerful as a home console, that can optionally connect to TV for widescreen and HD, no gimmicks, though being shaped like the 3ds would help (dual screens, compact design)

And also once again, console all the way

I shall stick to what I said before:

Having a portable console as powerful as a home console, that can optionally connect to TV for HD support would include all the advantages of both portable and home consoles, while having none of the disadvantages, plus the advantage of having a single system, thus more sales, and more efficient software development by 3rd party companies.

There's literally no disadvantage to it
The main thing is will the public like it tho? That's your top priority as a business

I hope it will not be a handheld x console. I have a pretty bad history with handhelds and considering companies are now making games specifically for the N3DS, I want it to be a home console that's easy to take places. Sort of like the GameCube :p
You should see my friend carrying around 2 giant bags whenever he brings both his Wii and Wii U over xD

Reactions: Hayleia
The main thing is will the public like it tho? That's your top priority as a business
Hmmm... That's a good point... >.<

It'll have to come down to marketing then.

Back