Time Travelling in Animal Crossing

• Thread starter Matthew
  • Start date
Matthew

Matthew

WE ARE... MARSHALL!!
Towns Folk
Are you a time traveler? What do you use it for? If not, why aren't you a time traveler?

I skip ahead so I can get new items from the store. I also skip around to various times fish will appear.

Are you a time traveler? What do you use it for? If not, why aren't you a time traveler?

I skip ahead so I can get new items from the store. I also skip around to various times fish will appear.

I don't usually time travel, although, my game is currently two days ahead of normal time.
I've only time traveled to hurry up the process of getting the QR Code Machine and I think a few times I've done it to get my house upgraded faster. Since the game plays in real time, it takes a while for things to get done. And ain't nobody got time for that!

Reactions: Matthew
I don't time travel. I prefer to wait on the date for X, Y and Z.

If I waited, I'd lose all patience with the game. :/

Reactions: Chaox

Yeah, that's always a good thing. I see Animal Crossing symbolically as enjoying the simple things in life and living day by day. Rushing to the next day or week does not allow players to enjoy everything day by day. Life can be amazing, but of course, this is only a game. :)

If I waited, I'd lose all patience with the game. :

At one point, I started getting bored of AC because everything took so long. :p

Yeah, that's always a good thing. I see Animal Crossing symbolically as enjoying the simple things in life and living day by day. Rushing to the next day or week does not allow players to enjoy everything day by day. Life can be amazing, but of course, this is only a game. :)

At one point, I started getting bored of AC because everything took so long. :p
Same. I had to resort to time traveling in order to not grow bored.

Same. I had to resort to time traveling in order to not grow bored.

I'm not even sure why I've ever felt bored with the game. Like, Nintendo put so much more into the game than previous titles, but somehow it just takes way too long. Oh, well. They did what they could. :)

I Just like Time Traveling to Get all the stores unlocked, and to upgrade my house, but of course you need to earn bells by catching fish and such, so still you get a lot of relaxing time in between time traveling. :)

I Just like Time Traveling to Get all the stores unlocked, and to upgrade my house, but of course you need to earn bells by catching fish and such, so still you get a lot of relaxing time in between time traveling. :)
I'm not sure about New Leaf but on Wild World I always used to skip ahead large amounts to build interest in my bank. That was a great way of earning money, but dishonest to me now.

I'm not sure about New Leaf but on Wild World I always used to skip ahead large amounts to build interest in my bank. That was a great way of earning money, but dishonest to me now.
I use cheat codes and had a full bank in Wild World, so I never experienced the struggle to get bells. How long did it take to get your bank account basically loaded with bells?

I use cheat codes and had a full bank in Wild World, so I never experienced the struggle to get bells. How long did it take to get your bank account basically loaded with bells?
An hour or so. I put in so many bells, skipped ahead a year, skipped ahead another year, ended up with several hundred million or whatever the max is. Then, I used an AR later on for furniture I couldn't find.

An hour or so. I put in so many bells, skipped ahead a year, skipped ahead another year, ended up with several hundred million or whatever the max is. Then, I used an AR later on for furniture I couldn't find.

Haha, my man living the thug life! #ActionReplay

I am indeed a time traveler. I time travel for many reasons, like to skip the wait for town projects to be built in my town, and to buy more fortune cookies at Nooklings.

I am a time traveler. I just don't have the patience to wait for stuff in the game. xP

What's the longest you guys have ever went without time traveling to get somewhere in the game?

I've gone one month without traveling.

On my original file, I would time travel to different hours of the day I was in so I would be able to go to all of the shops and whatnot. My original file got corrupted, so now I time travel all the time so I can get some of my lost progress back.

Yup I time travel a lot. But only day by day. I'm not very patient haha
The longest I've ever gone is a week (with new leaf).

On my original file, I would time travel to different hours of the day I was in so I would be able to go to all of the shops and whatnot. My original file got corrupted, so now I time travel all the time so I can get some of my lost progress back.

For real, for real! Sorry to hear that your file was corrupted.

I am not a time traveller but at times I wish to do a 6 month skip just so the seasons in the game would coincide with the south hemisphere.

For things and stuff I rather wait. I am too scared of losing neighbours because of it, plus I can always use the time I need to catch up with another game or something.. Not saying waiting is not big deal sometimes, you really just want it to be dawn already to unlock things, specially when you are starting over.

Back