Time Travelling in Animal Crossing

• Thread starter Matthew
  • Start date
I am not a time traveller but at times I wish to do a 6 month skip just so the seasons in the game would coincide with the south hemisphere.

For things and stuff I rather wait. I am too scared of losing neighbours because of it, plus I can always use the time I need to catch up with another game or something.. Not saying waiting is not big deal sometimes, you really just want it to be dawn already to unlock things, specially when you are starting over.

Where are you from? I guess Nintendo can't really satisfy all of the weather and events for everyone around the world so they make it from a general standpoint. sdfs

Half the world has the south hemisphere weather, but most of the big 'countries' are in the Northern hemisphere. It is not asking all events, simply to have Summer where Winter usually starts, it is a simple 6 months delay function. The main obstacle I guess would be to formulate a not-so-forced question for it during the begining of the game... but in my opinion it could apply this change behind the cameras (the 3DS records your state and country so I believe it could do it depending that).

Half the world has the south hemisphere weather, but most of the big 'countries' are in the Northern hemisphere. It is not asking all events, simply to have Summer where Winter usually starts, it is a simple 6 months delay function. The main obstacle I guess would be to formulate a not-so-forced question for it during the begining of the game... but in my opinion it could apply this change behind the cameras (the 3DS records your state and country so I believe it could do it depending that).
You'd think your DS would recognize your location upon town creation and base events off of that.

Yeah. Since the game already uses your location for the Dream Address. Like I said I am not asking for a localization for all the events - I agree with the general approach on holidays and stuff - merely the weather. While I was in Mexico it was dandy, winter was winter, but since I moved to Australia the seasons are opposite.

Anyway, back on the topic that is probably the reason I'll time travel my game. Even if I time travel to get the right season I won't then get the right holidays, so I guess that is why in the end I am still using today's date.

No i dont got AC:NL

I time travel all the time. I don't care if I'm cheating, time traveling is awesome.

Reactions: Marc
I time travel all the time. I don't care if I'm cheating, time traveling is awesome.

It's not really cheating because it's in the game. :)

i only tted (time traveled) twice 1# on the first day i got the game at 8pm and none of the shops were open so i tted back a few hours and then went back to the right time. 2# i tted to get a good turnip price becuase turnips change at 12:00 i had only 5 min to sell my turnips for 500 bell so i tted back and to sell them but found out that if you tt your turnips die.

I don't know if it's just me, but when I TT, I don't get my interest from the bank. :(

how do you get interest? also i dont uslay tt because it ruins flowers and villagers move, but sometimes it i do.

You have to not TT for an entire month (30 days i think) to get interest from the bank. And you'll know, because they'll send you a letter, saying you earned xxxx bells in interest

ok cool. btw i just got some interest it was only like 30,000 but whatever. also do you know what percent of the $B you get in interest?

#REVIVINGTHREADSFROM2013. I use time travel to skip ahead days. WHY you ask well a day in animal crossing is short. Look at the shop, talk to all the villagers, find the money rock, find the fossils, check for events, go to the island during night but because I play during day I time travel to nighttime and that's it

I used to use time travel, but I don't anymore! It was cool to skip ahead days, but you can suffer!
I liked to cheat the system a lot with time traveling, like skipping through construction days!
There are always consequences for it, though.
The side effects of time traveling may include:
- Lots of weeds
- Favorite villagers moving out
- Unwanted villagers moving in on top of your favorite plant
- Rare flowers or plants dying
- Nausea, Headaches, Vomit, Time Paradoxes
- Messy Hair!

I never time-travelled...because I never played Animal Crossing. Jk, I bet I'd be way too impatient to wait for everything to happen in real time. I'd probably time-travel every day all day. I would plan my actions so I wouldn't have to time-travel for everything but rather for a lot of things at once though.

@Candyman loves to time travel :p

I don't time travel because I like keeping things how they are. I like the whole idea that Animal Crossing is supposed to be a life sim. Time traveling isn't real life. (yet) :p I also don't want to lose any villagers cause the houses in my town are strategically placed. All the houses are on the bottom and the plaza is on the top. (except one house, dang it Rodney ;~; )

I time travel sometimes for events. Like, if the Harvest Festival (I think that's what it's called) is on Friday I time travel to that day because I'm an impatient person. :p But there are many disadvantages of it like villagers I like moving out and weirdos moving in, having no idea on what's going on, messy hair and lots of weeds. ;~;

So most of the time, I regret time travelling. >.<

Time Traveling is something I do sometimes, however, I'm avsolutely against when the game is too new (like NL in 2013). My personal rule for time travelig is that I can only start doing it after a year of having playef the game. I also allow myself to time travel in new save files in order to quickly catch up on what I did in my previous one.

I usually only time travel a few hours forward or backward in the day if shampoodle, Re-Tail, or Nooklings' isn't open when I need them to be. Other than that, I like to play the game the way it was meant to be played. :p

I was lucky to find a perfect cherry in my town when I first started out, so I found out the relatively high price they go for so I thought to keep planting them to get hundreds in a matter of hours. So I guess you could say I am a time travel, yeah, you could. It's also good to enjoy the game and not time travel but it has its perks.

Back