Toughest Character To Save in FE: Awakening

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Emmeryn. Definately. I mean the side-quest. At first I was sooo happy that she was still alive, but then I had to save her and that wasn't exactly easy BUT I did manage to save her ^_^

I agree, Emmeryn was the toughest for me. Getting her close was easy enough with rescue, but having to defend her from ~40 enemies is tough. The fact that she has no weapons and one hit can kill her makes it even worse. That and the attrition that your units take.

For me, saving. Ricken and Maribelle was really hard. I Mean, they were so far away, and I had to pair them both up to keep them both from dying. Luckily, i finally reached them with Chrom and co. They were literally half dead

If we're not counting those crazy villagers, the Future Past characters or Side Story 2 Anna (who took me like eight tries and a very elaborate plan to keep her alive for the whole map), then probably Severa (actually now that people mention it Emmeryn is harder but I'm keeping this paragraph anyway) because keeping her alive on Hard was a pain because she kept rushing in, but after a couple tries I remembered I had Rescue staves so Cordelia just kept having to drag her back outside every time she got into danger and it worked.

Most definitely donnel because of the stupid chapter they made for him, I tried to do that chapt. so many times just to get him, but now I just moved on and kept the chapter there. Maybe im gonna unlock him today!

Tiki was the hardest for me, considering the whole thing was basically an endurance round, with me relying heavily on my healers. When those got taken out, I couldn't do a thing. :/ Donnel was really easy, though. All I had to do was wall off a few areas, and trap some archers. :p Though, I haven't done much post-game wise, so I didn't train him, and relied on over-leveling my avatar and just pairing her with Chrom the whole time. :p

Reactions: pokedog123 and Marc
Yea, tiki was my 2nd hardest to save, but eh. I wnted to marry her.

Donnel and Severa. Donnel because trying to level him up in that stage, especially on hard, is beyond difficult if you don't know what to do. And Severa keeps running into danger. I finally was able to recruit her after stocking up on Rescues.

Reactions: Marc
Ricken and Maribelle in Lunatic mode. Having to rush units up to them without losing anybody, (I refuse to lose any character, excepions being bonus team characters) without a rescue was the most ridiculous thing ever. I hated that chapter in Hard mode, and Lunatic mode made it worse. I can only imagine what lunatic+ will be like.

Donnel, I tried five times x.x

Damn son of a b...eautiful old woman ¬¬

Donnel is the hardest character to save because he starts off very weak and one enemy strike him down with one hit. Not only that, once I tried to weaken the enemy, I kill them by mistake and he won't level up but then again, its worth it because he is very OP once you use him.

I know this is carzy but mine is cythina because she likes to attack robin and kill her self

Lissa and Maribelle early on just because they cant fight back and can only heal which is good. I always and to have people around them just to save them. Once they get a master seal then they are incredible

I found Emm and Donnel hard to keep alive, it was hard to save Tiki at first but once youf igure it out it isn't to bad.

I just use the teleport thing for Emm and Donnel just sucks at first xD

I didn't find any one TO hard tbh.

I know a lot of you have said this already, but Donnel was really hard for me to save. Lisa also. But that's just because I got lazy. There are times when I get tired of units being extremely weak and just having to be protected all of the time (Florina in FE for GBA, Micaiah in Radiant Dawn), so I just send them out and if they die, they die. Survival of the fittest after all!

Ugh, Tiki. No matter what I do the Risen somehow manage to ignore me and attack her. Even after I made a two-layered wall formation surrounding her. :confused:
And before I get rid of one wave, the other's already upon me. I gave up on that Paralogue.

Tiki. I should have made a wall

For me, saving. Ricken and Maribelle was really hard. I Mean, they were so far away, and I had to pair them both up to keep them both from dying. Luckily, i finally reached them with Chrom and co. They were literally half dead
Why not just have Lissa use Rescue while they were paired?

How to save Ricken and Maribelle: (Or at least how I've done it every time.)
Place a pegasus rider to the right of Chrom before the battle. When it starts, they go up and make Maribelle pair up behind them. Then send three or four tough characters up to clean up the rest of the hostile units so Ricken can move down safely, while using Ricken himself to deal damage to wyvern riders. Let the pegasus rider save Maribelle as you really don't want to let her take damage. And then just stay in a defensive formation and heal with both Maribelle and Lissa once you've cleaned up the enemies in the area.
Then slowly progress upwards with your units.

I don't need healers, everyone in my army has really high avoid rates.

Back