[Tutorial] Buy on eShop without taxes (American consoles)

• Thread starter ErixSan
  • Start date
ErixSan

ErixSan

Somehow still top 3 poster after 3 years.
Towns Folk
aZQ9ZgS.png

BUY ON ESHOP WITHOUT TAXES

Well, I saw a lot of people don't know about this yet.
If you change your zip code, you can buy eshop games without taxes, that means, you will pay the real price of the game.

This tutorial is for Nintendo 3DS/3DSXL/2DS, but maybe it works with Wii U too.
You must buy your games with prepaid cards if you live outside of the United States.

1: Open Nintendo eShop
2: Go to "Settings / Others"
3: Go to "Localization Settings"
4: Now you have to change your address.

Zip Code: 99551
City: AKIACHAK
State: AK

You did it!
reggie_i_dunno-7351861.jpg

Reactions: Duffy, 3905, Pikachu979 and 4 others
Alaska (99551) has a very small percentage of tax so it usually comes to zero for small purchases, but for completely tax free stuff these zip codes can be used too:
92164 - San Diego, California
97222 - Milwaukie, Oregon
97116 - Forest Grove, Oregon
97080 - Gresham, Oregon

Good on you to let other users know this.

Reactions: Duffy, faustine, 3905 and 6 others
Alaska (99551) has a very small percentage of tax so it usually comes to zero for small purchases, but for completely tax free stuff these zip codes can be used too:
97080 - Gresham, Oregon

I'm using this zip code (of the tutorial), and every game I bought, including SMTIV (cost 50 bucks) had zero tax.

Also, thanks you for give more zip codes.

I'm using this zip code (of the tutorial), and every game I bought, including SMTIV (cost 50 bucks) had zero tax.

Also, thanks you for give more zip codes.
I guess then that it would only tax you if a game costs a hundred bucks :p

I guess then that it would only tax you if a game costs a hundred bucks :p

Too expensive for a game!

Reactions: Chief

Too expensive for a game!

I'd probably be willing to pay that much for a Pokemon game :p

I can't see me paying 100 dollars for a Pokemon game. :bag:

thanks for the help. also it works it sayes that when i buy it it doesent show any taxes. also that ppic is funny where did you get it?

thanks for the help. also it works it sayes that when i buy it it doesent show any taxes. also that ppic is funny where did you get it?
Don't remember

$100 Dollars for a Pokémon game? That is totally crazy lol I would never pay that much!

97080 - Gresham, Oregon

Isn't that illegal? I mean isn't it Tax Fraud? Because you are not paying your taxes but I do not think anyone will find out.

$100 Dollars for a Pokémon game? That is totally crazy lol I would never pay that much!

Isn't that illegal? I mean isn't it Tax Fraud? Because you are not paying your taxes but I do not think anyone will find out.
Technically it's illegal, but like emulators, in most cases apparently they'll never find out....it's really up to you whether or not you actually do this though

This is illegal, so if you do it, change it back to your legitimate zip code. I used to do this and I got blocked from downloading stuff from the eShop when an update came out. It wasn't fun fixing it.

This is illegal, so if you do it, change it back to your legitimate zip code. I used to do this and I got blocked from downloading stuff from the eShop when an update came out. It wasn't fun fixing it.

Well, not illegal if you don't live in the US. You're actually paying those taxes when buying those cards.

Well, not illegal if you don't live in the US. You're actually paying those taxes when buying those cards.

Oh, I'm unfamiliar with the laws of other countries. You don't have to pay tax if you're buying them in the United States.

So there ARE cases of people being blocked from the eshop because of it....I was wondering about that on another thread but no one seemed to think it happened...so how did that work? Because you had the wrong zipcode inputted when the update happened?

So there ARE cases of people being blocked from the eshop because of it....I was wondering about that on another thread but no one seemed to think it happened...so how did that work? Because you had the wrong zipcode inputted when the update happened?

Maybe can be that, or because like she said, changing the zip codes too often.

Yeah. It was probably because I had my state as West Virginia, but the zip code was from Alaska.

Maybe can be that, or because like she said, changing the zip codes too often.
oh ok...on a side note, a bit irrelevant, but is it just me or are some of the profiles blocked? For example, the bells thing seem to be hanging over your name and no picture in my case

Yeah. It was probably because I had my state as West Virginia, but the zip code was from Alaska.

So you think it would have worked fine if you had Alaska as the state?

oh ok...on a side note, a bit irrelevant, but is it just me or are some of the profiles blocked? For example, the bells thing seem to be hanging over your name and no picture in my case

Not in my case. Try clearing your cache.

So you think it would have worked fine if you had Alaska as the state?

I'm using the Alaska one.

Not in my case. Try clearing your cache.

I'm using the Alaska one.
yeah, just realized it was because of a setting I had with this one Chrome app I'm using.

and ok, I guess I'd be fine if I hypothetically did that then

Back