[Tutorial] Buy on eShop without taxes (American consoles)

• Thread starter ErixSan
  • Start date
With the update will changing the region (more specifically, the state) lock you out of the e-shop? Referring to that one thread @D4rkDragon brought up

As we established, this is illegal. It is tax evasion and a form of piracy from Nintendo. Nintendo is pushing hard to eliminate piracy so they will block you and make your funds unusable. It's not something I heard, I've seen it happen.

Lmao I sound like the ultimate buzzkill right now.

As we established, this is illegal. It is tax evasion and a form of piracy from Nintendo. Nintendo is pushing hard to eliminate piracy so they will block you and make your funds unusable. It's not something I heard, I've seen it happen.

Lmao I sound like the ultimate buzzkill right now.

If you live there is illegal...

But if you live in a country, like me in Argentina, and you only have two options:

1. Create a NA eshop region and use prepaid eshop cards
2. Buy the gateway and pirate the game

What option is yours? Of course, for me is the option 1.
Because the eshop card is an international buy, it had the taxes you paid in USA.

If you live there is illegal...

But if you live in a country, like me in Argentina, and you only have two options:

1. Create a NA eshop region and use prepaid eshop cards
2. Buy the gateway and pirate the game

What option is yours? Of course, for me is the option 1.
Because the eshop card is an international buy, it had the taxes you paid in USA.
If you live elsewhere than the us than you shouldn't have to pay tax to their government. What you do sounds fine to me because you are exempt from tax anyway. I just buy Eshop cards and buy stuff. Paying for the tax in my area.

If you live elsewhere than the us than you shouldn't have to pay tax to their government. What you do sounds fine to me because you are exempt from tax anyway. I just buy Eshop cards and buy stuff. Paying for the tax in my area.

Is sad that the only official support we have is from Sony...

Well for avoiding taxes you will only get locked out from using the eshop as a punishment for a period of time it's not that illegal if it was Nintendo would have already prevent people from using that postal code.

Well for avoiding taxes you will only get locked out from using the eshop as a punishment for a period of time it's not that illegal if it was Nintendo would have already prevent people from using that postal code.
well what period of time are we talking about here. Nanamine over on another post was saying how it was an annoying process to get out of the eshop lock afterward

Well thank you for this If I use that for I start I would have a lot left but I'm starting from now

Sweet! Will definitely use this when the time comes that I need to! So pretty much what your doing is changing your address/zipcose to match a different one that there is no tax in.... Its genius!

90210 works as well! Los Angeles, California ;D

Hi!

I have a question, I already have my Nintendo ID set at Canada.
So, if I change the location to the US, I will need to create a new Nintend ID, then insert the Prepaid Card code, buy the Mario Kart 8 DLC, download it... but

Will I be able to change back to my original Nintendo ID while having the DLC too or I will lost it?

Hi!

I have a question, I already have my Nintendo ID set at Canada.
So, if I change the location to the US, I will need to create a new Nintend ID, then insert the Prepaid Card code, buy the Mario Kart 8 DLC, download it... but

Will I be able to change back to my original Nintendo ID while having the DLC too or I will lost it?

I'm not sure. I know one can have severals accounts with a NNID each, but I don't know if that's possible.

I apologize if reviving an old thread is against the TOS, but I do have a quick question about all of this. I plan on doing this when Smash 4 comes out for the 3DS, because I have no method of picking it up on Friday, and the Gamestops in my area are not doing mid-night releases on Thursday. I have my region set to Oregon and my Zip set the same, but my IP address is one in Michigan. I only plan on doing this one time, and then setting all my settings back to the way they used to be, will this mess with the downloaded game, online features, or eShop? Or will setting everything back to normal be fine? I'm just worried about ruining my online features and not being able to enjoy the game, but at the same time I can't afford to spend an extra 20 dollars on an eShop card to pay for the tax, and I don't think any of the stores in my area sell 10$ cards.

Reactions: 18
Charles, you have nothing to worry about! There is nothing wrong with wanting to save money, it happens. ^_^ Though Nintendo doesn't recommend you do it, but anyway the customer is always right! I have switched back and forth between zip codes, and yet to see anything bad happen.

Reactions: 18
Charles, you have nothing to worry about! There is nothing wrong with wanting to save money, it happens. ^_^ Though Nintendo doesn't recommend you do it, but anyway the customer is always right! I have switched back and forth between zip codes, and yet to see anything bad happen.
Ah! Thank you for letting me know that c: I personally don't agree with charging tax on digital downloads, seeing as how most other companies don't do that (iTune, Steam, ect.) but oh well!

Reactions: RickyBamBam
Ah! Thank you for letting me know that c: I personally don't agree with charging tax on digital downloads, seeing as how most other companies don't do that (iTune, Steam, ect.) but oh well!

They do if they're forced by the State it's registered, it also includes Xbox and PSN too for example.

They do if they're forced by the State it's registered, it also includes Xbox and PSN too for example.
I still find that odd though, because I live in Michigan and I'm not charged taxes for digital purchases on Steam, iTunes, or even the Google Play Store.

I still find that odd though, because I live in Michigan and I'm not charged taxes for digital purchases on Steam, iTunes, or even the Google Play Store.

Steam usually is free of taxes, due there's no tax law for it (I forgotten about this).
As a ex PS3 owner I know they're taxes on PSN, about Xbox, there're a small tax too (I use WP >.>)

This trick still work it depends on you're game price and to what number will it lower the taxes for you as I see cause I tried to buy a high price games o

Hey guys, I have a question. If I change my eshop address to Oregon, should I change my 3ds region & state setting on my 3DS too? Because I set my 3ds address to Ohio. Does it necessary to change it?

Back